Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 08:41 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I guess that means he needs to resign. I can just see the press conference, a la Richard Nixon:

"I am not a crook."
You beat me to it, LOL All I can see is I am not a crook. LMFAO. Byby fat ass. LOL

Old 01-09-2014, 08:43 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Another brilliant, irrelevant attack by TheLessYouKnow.

Come back when you actually have something to contribute.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:45 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Is this the lamest "scandal" or what. Yo libs....how many people died from this traffic jam vs Benghazi? How many died and are still dying from Fast and Furious? You nitwits know full well the Clinton and Obama lovin' media are the "legs" behind this silliness. Hillary has blood on her hands from Benghazi, yet you folks get your knickers twisted over a traffi jam.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:48 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Another brilliant, irrelevant attack by TheLessYouKnow.

Come back when you actually have something to contribute.
Sometimes a post doesn't deserve an actual response and most of your posts in this thread qualify. I wasn't aware just how much you lefties hated Christie.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:49 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
David Wildstein, a Christie appointee making $150,000 per year, whose job never had a job description published, and who never gave the state a resumé, ordered lane closures on the George Washington Bridge last year. The George Washington Bridge is a crucial commuter route for New Jerseyans who work in Manhattan. Why was it closed? Officially it was a "traffic study" but there is no record of such a traffic study being ordered. Was it retribution for the Fort Lee, NJ mayor's refusal to endorse Christie's re-election campaign?

Is it common Christie practice to punish political opponents by closing the busiest bridge in the world? There is all kinds of mystery surrounding this case and Christie is not saying much.

Chris Christie loyalist resigns from Port Authority over bridge lane closures - NY Daily News

This story keeps getting stranger. Is Christie OK with his 6-figure-salaried appointee closing a bridge to make a political opponent pay? And working class New Jerseyans have to pay the price? Time for Christie to open his mouth and tell the truth about this.
Is this person going to get the prison time he deserves? Apologize is fine but the act was criminal. It has to be against some federal law. When did Christie learn about it first and what has he done to make sure the person is punished for causing so many people such misery?

I am beginning to think nobody in Jersey is normal. I once worked with a woman from Jersey whose middle name was troublemaker. We all kept our little disagreements in the break room but she would do things that caused harm to our patrons in order to get other employees in trouble. I had never met anyone so irresponsible before. Luckily she didn't last long because management must have realized what a dunce she was.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:50 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
David Wildstein, a Christie appointee making $150,000 per year, whose job never had a job description published, and who never gave the state a resumé, ordered lane closures on the George Washington Bridge last year. The George Washington Bridge is a crucial commuter route for New Jerseyans who work in Manhattan. Why was it closed? Officially it was a "traffic study" but there is no record of such a traffic study being ordered. Was it retribution for the Fort Lee, NJ mayor's refusal to endorse Christie's re-election campaign?

Is it common Christie practice to punish political opponents by closing the busiest bridge in the world? There is all kinds of mystery surrounding this case and Christie is not saying much.

Chris Christie loyalist resigns from Port Authority over bridge lane closures - NY Daily News

This story keeps getting stranger. Is Christie OK with his 6-figure-salaried appointee closing a bridge to make a political opponent pay? And working class New Jerseyans have to pay the price? Time for Christie to open his mouth and tell the truth about this.
I can hardly wait for this kind of scrutiny to be turned on the questions of (a) Who ordered the mission to rescue Americans under attack in Benghazi, scrubbed; (b) What is the top guy's reaction to that, (c) Who ordered the security at the Benghazi compound progressively reduced despite repeated attacks in the summer, until there were only 3 American guards left just before the compound was raided and practically destroyed? (d) What response has the President given to the person(s) who ordered it?

That is what a free press is really for: Digging in, not letting up, and keeping after it until they find the whole truth.

They're doing great on the bridge-lane closure "scandal". Why the vast hole in investigative reporting on the deaths of four Americans? Remind me again, how many Americans died due to the closure of traffic lanes on the GWB?

Old 01-09-2014, 08:50 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Sometimes a post doesn't deserve an actual response and most of your posts in this thread qualify. I wasn't aware just how much you lefties hated Christie.
How do you know I'm a leftie?

Old 01-09-2014, 09:01 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Oh come on. LOL

Old 01-09-2014, 09:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
LOL at that.

No, your posts on various threads don't give you away

Old 01-09-2014, 09:08 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I can hardly wait for this kind of scrutiny to be turned on the questions of (a) Who ordered the mission to rescue Americans under attack in Benghazi, scrubbed; (b) What is the top guy's reaction to that, (c) Who ordered the security at the Benghazi compound progressively reduced despite repeated attacks in the summer, until there were only 3 American guards left just before the compound was raided and practically destroyed? (d) What response has the President given to the person(s) who ordered it?

That is what a free press is really for: Digging in, not letting up, and keeping after it until they find the whole truth.

They're doing great on the bridge-lane closure "scandal". Why the vast hole in investigative reporting on the deaths of four Americans? Remind me again, how many Americans died due to the closure of traffic lanes on the GWB?
I agree with what you said about Benghazi but on the other question; we would have to go back to that date or dates and see how many did not get to the hospital on time in rescue vehicles. It could be more than four. Purposely causing traffic problems can also cause stress and heart attacks. It is a despicable thing to do. I think it is also criminal if done on purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies