Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2013, 09:39 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,549,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
I haven't read most of this thread, I'll admit. But in general, I feel we can probably all agree that expecting any president to be the messiah is setting your expectations a little high.
Also very dangerous. Like Reagan, who I admire but that is all said--- "A government that can give you everything can take everything away."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 10:20 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,879,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This is why the unquestioning worship of politicians doesn't benefit anyone. The liberal voters want to adore their political leaders, the liberal media will not question them on anything. It's not healthy for mere mortals to be worshipped and fawned over -- it goes to their heads. They begin to believe themselves that they are some sort of supreme being, super-humans who cannot make an error, they become very arrogant.

I've never understood why people fawn and worship politicians. The typical politician is usually both ethically and morally bankrupt, and have narcissistic tendencies. In the era of the 24x7 news cycle, we've given these idiots an outlet for their sickness.

Case in point -- Obama sitting down with Steve Harvey, the uber-respected journalist from......The Family Feud. It's embarrassing that our political environment has degenerated into something that is barely a step above the typical Ryan Seacrest production.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:34 PM

27,215 posts, read 15,393,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Sorry Barbara to burst your bubble but I think we have Satan in the WH.

Barbara Walters on Obama:

From the link;
PIERS MORGAN, HOST: You have interviewed every president of my lifetime. Why is Obama facing so much opposition now? Why is he struggling so much to really fulfill the great flame of ambition and excitement that he was elected on originally in 2009?

BARBARA WALTERS: Well, you've touched on it to a degree. He made so many promises. We thought that he was going to be - I shouldn't say this at Christmastime, but - the next messiah. And the whole ObamaCare, or whatever you want to call it, the Affordable Health Act, it just hasn't worked for him, and he’s stumbled around on it, and people feel very disappointed because they expected more.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Exactly what conservatives have been proclaiming for 5 years!

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: Well, I mean, it's remarkable that it would take half a decade for the veil to be lifted from her eyes. Five years to realize the man isn't a messiah? I think it took some of us – [Looking at co-host Bob Beckel] well, almost all of us – about, you know, an hour and a half to realize that he gives a good speech, but he's shown no aptitude at governing. So I'm glad that she's aboard, but she's a little late.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
President Obama has thus far been an exceptional President. HE has exceeded expectations.

On the other hand, Republicans have shown themselves to be worthless and detrimental to the well-being of this nation.

No, that would be Obama and the proof is in the pudding......and wait, he's cooking up another batch.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Thanks to City Data I now know why America circles the drain, while good people die by the thousands every day. Conservatives are in for a rude awakening. They really think they built all this. They can't see past their hatred of black people and as long as there is one left to heap pain and suffering on they will do it with joy and abandon. All the while ignoring completely, the fact that the rug is being pulled out from under them. The 1% don't care about race. Life expectancy for white Americans in the ~$20K/yr economic range has fallen by 5 years in this decade. That is HUGE. Its where black people live, but now we have white company. And you poor schmucks don't even realize how truly charlie foxtrot you all are. You don't deserve Obama's efforts on your behalf. Every time a Republican gets in office this country gets a little closer to Apocalypse. Then panic sets in and a Democratic administration is begged to step in and restore order and decency. And the right wait just long enough for the worst of the damage to be cleaned up and say "thanks, we'll take it from here", and resume the race to the bottom. Obama is a DEMOCRAT!!! I for one am not all that surprised that he says and does most of the things he says and does. I can't see where it is Obama's fault that some of you find it so outrageous that he doesn't run the country the way a Republican would. Does that really make sense? Really, I'm asking. IF Obama were to be so completely Conservative Republican that you would be happy with him... wouldn't that be a problem somewhere? A lot of the energy and vitriol that goes into hating Obama and acting out childish tantrums might be better put to being better at being the change you want to see in politics. The world? Seems to me that it would be better to actually RUN the country vs. running down the man who is running the country. IOW, win an election (fairly) and stop whining.

H

You have blown any future credibility.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I wonder who are in the 43% who approve of Obama's performance; how deluded they are when he's been caught in lie after lie, scandal after scandal. How his signature legislation is a disaster. How US casualties in Afghanistan have skyrocketed since he took office. Drones, domestic spying, targeting political enemies, record numbers on food stamps, etc. Nixon's approval rating was only 14% lower AFTER Watergate. With how much hanging over Obama's head, it's amazing and very disturbing how so many people have convinced themselves he's a great President.

It seems no matter how bad things get, there's a certain segment who legitimately think things are going well because they want to protect Obama's legacy no matter what.

This should be seen twice.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Even a narcissist like Obama can't go around calling himself Messiah or god-like.

The Obama-cult was like nothing I've seen before. Newsweek editor Evan Thomas summed up the worship pretty well when he said ---

"In a way Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He's sort of GOD. He's going to bring all different sides together."

The media stood with him for 5 years and in no way will throw him under the bus.

HA! How's that working......or not.

The Great Divider.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sad that she wanted him to be so good but could not see the man had no credentials or experience.

She's been around long enough where she should not have been blinded to reality from the beginning.

Cult of Personality based on absolutely nothing.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Who could live up to this kind of praise?? Only a perfect man who surrounded himself with perfect people. There was no way he could have lived up to those expectations.

Two of them from Obama himself and his wife;

"We have an amazing story to tell," she said. "This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."
-- Michelle Obama

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
-- Barack Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies