Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen to the Duck Dynasty Star for his statements about Gays?
He should be fired! 2 9.09%
He should be suspended 0 0%
He should be allowed to go back after an apology 1 4.55%
He should be able to state his opinion without fear losing his TV job 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:53 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,056,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
They should keep him on. That's fine with me. The network does not stand behind it and it is his opinion alone. Now we know how he feels about it. Some viewers will stop watching other wont.
He announced that he quit months before A&E "fired" him.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:55 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,670,746 times
The guy said blacks were happier before civil rights... LOL.

I'm not shocked by his opinions but I'm shocked (not really) by all those screaming about Free Speech. The guy isn't in jail... he is free and now has more free time on his hands.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, let me ask everyone here....

Why did they go after Phil? Was it because of free speech, or what he said....

This is about free speech, and who you are....if you are a DEM, you are fine, if you are a repub...to bad...we are going to take you down...

Before you answer, better read this:

Selective outrage: GLAAD slams Phil Robertson after letting Alec Baldwin slide | Twitchy

Sorry, but all you free speech people who say you are not free from the consequences of what you say, that is a bunch of Bull droppings...
The left pushing the pro gay agenda couldn't possibly let a God loving, family oriented group of highly successful guys make it after one of them freely spoke their mind about homosexuality.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, let me ask everyone here....

Why did they go after Phil? Was it because of free speech, or what he said....

This is about free speech, and who you are....if you are a DEM, you are fine, if you are a repub...to bad...we are going to take you down...

Before you answer, better read this:

Selective outrage: GLAAD slams Phil Robertson after letting Alec Baldwin slide | Twitchy

Sorry, but all you free speech people who say you are not free from the consequences of what you say, that is a bunch of Bull droppings...
ummm... that black dude from Grey's Anatomy was let go over because he called a gay dude the f word...

when you work in the entertainment industry you can't talk about gays like that.. they run that industry.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
No he didn't.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The left pushing the pro gay agenda couldn't possibly let a God loving, family oriented group of highly successful guys make it after one of them freely spoke their mind about homosexuality.
this isn't left vs right.... it's pro gay vs anti gay and if you are anti-gay you can't work in the entertainment industry.

Quote:
ummm... that black dude from Grey's Anatomy was let go over because he called a gay dude the f word...

when you work in the entertainment industry you can't talk about gays like that.. they run that industry.
But Phil did talk about gays like that after choosing to leave the "industry", he's still making millions of dollars selling his products and he sounds like a pretty happy guy.

46,323 posts, read 27,181,581 times
Quote:

I'm not shocked by his opinions but I'm shocked (not really) by all those screaming about Free Speech. The guy isn't in jail... he is free and now has more free time on his hands.
Link? Or pure BS....

Old 12-19-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
this isn't left vs right.... it's pro gay vs anti gay and if you are anti-gay you can't work in the entertainment industry.
According to who, gay people? Phil and the rest of his family were in the entertainment industry years before Duck Dynasty was ever thought of, they aren't going anywhere.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
No he didn't.
In the January issue of GQ, the Duck Dynasty star also comments on growing up in a pre-civil-rights-era Louisiana.
"I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson claims. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotten with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash."

He adds, "They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people'—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."

yes he did
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies