Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen to the Duck Dynasty Star for his statements about Gays?
He should be fired! 2 9.09%
He should be suspended 0 0%
He should be allowed to go back after an apology 1 4.55%
He should be able to state his opinion without fear losing his TV job 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 10:12 PM

723 posts, read 634,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Animals eat their young too. Should we model after that behavior as well?
Okay, I think that we can all agree that being gay is very different than eating your children. If you can't agree to that, then the problem is not us.

14,888 posts, read 10,057,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
And if he were a white supremacist he would have the right to speak his mind. Would you still tolerate his beliefs. I wouldn't. I would take steps to do all I could to remove him from any show he was on.
Of course you would, you're a typical intolerant guy.

30,409 posts, read 52,020,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Of coarse not. I totally understand..... LOL!
I don't think we all speak your language, lol... for example, what is so "coarse" about your statement?

4,529 posts, read 5,144,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm comfortable with people having the right to speak their minds. I'm not sure what that has to do with the Klan but then again, since when has logic ever found it's way into a conversation with a gay person about tolerance?
I'm not gay. I'm the father of three that's been married to the same woman for 25 years.

You don't have to be a member of a persecuted group to fight for their rights.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:14 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,057,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
I'm not gay. I'm the father of three that's been married to the same woman for 25 years.

You don't have to be a member of a persecuted group to fight for their rights.
What's the problem? Certainly you aren't bothered by someone calling you gay, are you?

Old 12-18-2013, 10:16 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,795,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Well first off, I always stand behind anyone and everyone in this country when it comes to the freedom of speech regardless if I agree with what is being said or not. If I don't agree with or don't like what that person is saying I'll stop listening or stop watching.
His Freedom of Speech was not violated. The government didn't have any involvement in this issue, and that's the only application of Freedom of Speech mentioned in the Constitution.

A&E is a private company with an image to uphold. They have every right to remove him if they don't like something he says.

Now if the police came and arrested him for saying that, you'd have a valid freedom of speech violation argument.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:19 PM

723 posts, read 634,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Sounds like a confused goat.
She sounds pretty certain to me.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,719,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post

LOL!!!

Phill already announced he was leaving the show in July.

Quote:
Is phil robertson quitting ‘duck dynasty’ after season 4
Quote:
Phil Robertson Quitting “Duck Dynasty”

July 29, 2013 6:03 AM
Phil Robertson, the patriarch of the family on “Duck Dynasty,” is planning on walking away from the show soon, but he doesn’t think his departure would signal the end of its run.

Phil Robertson Quitting “Duck Dynasty” « WWMX-FM

Phil Robertson Quiting | PopularNewsUpdate.com

Is Phil Robertson Quitting Duck Dynasty?

Phil Robertson Quitting Tv | BelleNews.com

You like the spin factory, do ya! LOL!

He did what he said he was going to do.... not suspended(that's temporary term) Are you sure you were not looking for terminated.

He will be on the last scene with the family saying grace before a meal, as always.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,575,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I've never seen the show Duck Dynasty nor agree with man's negative feelings about gays, but I don't think the man should have been fired. He didn't say anything illegal and TV viewers have the choice not to watch that show. The TV network is engaging in censorship.
A&E is a private corporation. It can choose to broadcast or not broadcast whatever it wants, provided it doesn’t violate decency standards. The star of this show made rude and narrow-minded statements that are not in line with A&E corporate policy, and he is now reaping the consequences. No need to predict the fall of the nation over this.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:22 PM

5,344 posts, read 4,444,342 times
Let's stay on topic, folks. Or are you trying to get this thread closed too?
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies