Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 12:14 PM

30,285 posts, read 23,777,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Seriously? Do you not know the 10 commandments, or do you know nothing about our laws?

1. no gods before me. The first amendment DIRECTLY violates that with freedom of religion.
2. No graven images. We have statues everywhere idolizing sports heroes, politicians etc. So nope.
3. don't take the lords name in vain. 1st amendment violates that with freedom of speech.
4., Keep the Sabbath holy. Nope.
5. Honor mom and dad. No laws about that one either.
6.Don't kill. Have you seen the size of our military? But I will give you this one, as there are laws against murder.
7.No adultery. No law against it. In fact many of our elected officials have do it many times.
8. Don't steal. Wow 2 out of * so far. And they both are laws that have been laws since before the bible was written. They are also laws from just about every culture and every religion throughout history.
9.No false witness. Well sorta. In court it is a no no, but you really don't get in trouble otherwise.
10 Don't covet. Coveting to the driver of the consumer market. So nope, no laws against it.

So 2 out of 10 is "most of them"?
Thank you for informing everyone just how illiterate you are. You have no clue what those Commandments mean, as illustrated by your laughable interpretation of them.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:17 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,114,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Thank you for informing everyone just how illiterate you are. You have no clue what those Commandments mean, as illustrated by your laughable interpretation of them.
Which commandment commands you to lie about and personally attack those with whom you disagree as illiterate?

Last edited by hammertime33; 12-21-2013 at 12:35 PM..

Old 12-21-2013, 12:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,337,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Really? There are laws mandating that you not have graven images, can't work on the Sabbath and demand that you honour your parents?
Kindly point them out to me. I'm all ears.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:39 PM

24,439 posts, read 23,103,140 times
Maybe this is all just a manufactured fracas geared to distract and divide people. Get the rednecks and the gays a fightin'.
These are manufactured bottom rung celebrities who have had their personas carefully created and they've gotten rich off it. If they were told to say or do something, they'd almost definitely do it.
Its just that the media has been doing nothing but push division on us. Black vs white, white vs black, rich against poor, straight against gay, even young vs old. Distract and divide.
I don't care about them, I don't care what they said, I don't care who they offended and I don't care who supports them or who doesn't.

Old 12-21-2013, 03:40 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Has he been kidnapped by the government? Is he tied up in a cell in some secret dungeon? No and he can still regurgitate whatever azz backwards beliefs that he has. Martin Bashir and Alec Baldwin were both fired by MSNBC for publicly speaking out and it went against what the PRIVATE business they worked for wanted to stand behind and it's that simple...end of story. No one has silenced them, but they will just find alternate platforms. Why wasn't the right wing bent out of shape regarding their being let go from a private company's payroll? Huh? Why not?
Funny, isn't it, how none of them will answer this question.
La Palin actually demanded Mr. Bashir be fired but is predictably aghast at Duck Dad's suspension.

As for the OP, yes, the comments were disgusting and I appreciate that the OP finds them so, but, gay youth and adults are bullied, beaten and otherwise abused every single day in this country, often due to the same sort of off-handed and thoughtless comments as those made by the duck guy.
It's a shame that so many are blind to this reality.

Old 12-21-2013, 03:45 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,752,438 times
Meanwhile, the Koran forbids homosexuals and Muslims would kill them but the liberals sit by and do nothing about that "religion".

Old 12-21-2013, 04:00 PM

29,607 posts, read 16,586,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I specifically chose a source that should keep you liberals from questioning it.

Why would you need the liberals to not question it, we are the ones for gay rights.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,337,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Meanwhile, the Koran forbids homosexuals and Muslims would kill them but the liberals sit by and do nothing about that "religion".
What do you expect us to do? Go to the Middle East and slap some people around?
We try to make effect change where we CAN effect change.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:03 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,234,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'll bite. I'm a liberal that thinks Islam is just as bogus as Christianity. Anyone from either religion that doesn't believe in marriage equality is a morally bankrupt piece of crap.

Happy now?

Old 12-21-2013, 05:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Ivan Okhlobystin, Russian Actor, Says He Would Burn Gays Alive In Ovens

I specifically chose a source that should keep you liberals from questioning it. Over the past week, we have spent countless hours on tv and in print and on the web talking about what color a fictional character is (Santa) and a reality show stars personal, biblical beliefs. And this goes especially towards the GLAADS and PC police jerk offs. I havent heard much of anything from you on what this Russian star said. I dont hear peep from you on REAL ACTUAL hateful evil words towards Gays or Christians that happens and occurs around our world.

So quick to want to score political points, or put a dagger in the heart of Christianity, that you willingly look the other way knowing true atrocities are spoken and committed in the world. Prime example is the comment made by a Russian tv star. And not a damn peep from most of you. But hey, let's go after the guy who was asked a question and dared to say homosexuality is a sin but he respects and loves everybody.

And before someone tries to say it. This isnt biblical teaching. You dont wish death, let alone something like this, on someone who you believe sins. It is not on you to judge them as God and condemn them to death. That comment is on par with Hitler. Yet we are supposed to go after this Duck guy for what he said? Again, gays are killed in some countries and then you have talk like this in some countries. Yet we are to believe that America Christians are the enemy and need to be ruined?
Seriously. Can you believe this is all right-wingers have to talk about? I've had to block them all on facebook as they were blowing up my newsfeed with pictures of the bearded Duck guys.

This is all that is happening in their world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies