Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 02:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Why would we want to stop or decrease thieves from getting shot?
an excellent question.

also what if i put both a red and a blue sticker in my window? both prominently displayed, but i just refuse to remove the one that is not the current state of affairs at my house?

and what thief is going to bother with reading the stickers? oh wait he has a red sticker, i might get shot so i will go find a blue sticker house.

and suppose i just bought a gun, and got the new red sticker, how much time do i have to put it up? what happens of the thief breaks in before i can put it up and i shoot him? or what if i move to a house that has a blue sticker, and i cant get a res sticker because the gun shops or the government agency that deals then is either sold out, or closed, and i cant obtain a sticker for sometime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 04:41 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times
How about - "I sell Human Organs cheap on eBay - break in and become a Donor"

Old 12-21-2013, 04:53 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Practice the 3 S's. Shoot 'em, shovel 'em, shut up.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:57 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Why would we want to stop or decrease thieves from getting shot?
Duhh, because they're liberal.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:59 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Duhh, because they're liberal.
Wrong again. Liberals are not against thieves getting their just desserts.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:03 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,399 times
"Fair Choices for a thief?" Really, I read a lot of dumb stuff on this forum, your post definitely will move to one of my top ten dumb statement winners.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
strange that the movement is to not stop thieves and home invaders but to stop home owners from defending themselves.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:16 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
Wrong again. Liberals are not against thieves getting their just desserts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
strange that the movement is to not stop thieves and home invaders but to stop home owners from defending themselves.
Exactly my point Huckleberry that people like Sayid Linus can not comprehend.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:34 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
I have sign very much like the red one on each and every ground level entrance to my home, right below the ADT sticker.

I had an attempted break in earlier this year. When we heard the noise, I grabbed my gun and went hunting while my wife called 911. I knew where my wife was, I knew where my child was, so anything else in the house was fair game for me to kill as I pleased. My go-to handgun holds 17 hydra-shoks, plus a spare mag in my back pocket. My wife told the 911 dispatcher I was armed and seeking the source of the sound. The dispatcher said I should secure my weapon as the responding officers will not enter with an armed homeowner. I replied loud enough for her to hear, "Fine. Recall them and send a coroner instead!" A few seconds later I heard sirens start up.

The officers arrived, secured the premises and found evidence of an entry attempt. They did not disarm me, but only asked that I lower my weapon as they entered, and said nothing as I tucked it in my waistband. Afterwards they commented that they were glad to see I was well-armed and prepared to protect my home and family. They offered that if I do have to shoot, be sure to kill an intruder inside the house.

If I believe someone is in my house uninvited, by the time I reach for my gun my brain has already pulled the trigger and is just waiting for my eyes and finger to catch up. And I'll not wait to see if they're armed.

It's easy to not get shot at my house. Don't come in (or try to come in) unless you're invited in!

Old 12-21-2013, 05:36 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
an excellent question.

also what if i put both a red and a blue sticker in my window? both prominently displayed, but i just refuse to remove the one that is not the current state of affairs at my house?

and what thief is going to bother with reading the stickers? oh wait he has a red sticker, i might get shot so i will go find a blue sticker house.

and suppose i just bought a gun, and got the new red sticker, how much time do i have to put it up? what happens of the thief breaks in before i can put it up and i shoot him? or what if i move to a house that has a blue sticker, and i cant get a res sticker because the gun shops or the government agency that deals then is either sold out, or closed, and i cant obtain a sticker for sometime?
The simple, bottom line answer is "If you like the sticker you have, you can keep the sticker you have!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies