Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 12:27 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,943,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The Government created the internet, so the government will be complicit in its monitoring and censoring. We peons have no recourse.
They were there at the inception, but government is not what made the internet great nor it's strength in the model.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 12:28 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,155,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
I made it sort of a personal effort, to make myself as un-trackable as possible. Maybe it's useless effort in the long run, but so far so good.
My IP shows that I'm in Cal. My screen name is a intended error as well. Nope, I'm not. I don't have a trackable mailing address, or email.
My phone is a prepaid burner with no subscriber info, no gps, not a android.
My browser is firefox with all the addons to prevent ads and tracking with a VPN.
These tips alone, have kept me pretty much invisible.
Don't fool yourself man.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:30 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,217,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You cannot even safely buy a new car today and not think you're getting tracked.

Government is paying business to install this crap.
use it knowing that Big Brother is alive and well and is recording everything you do.
They may not read it but it is gathered and run through data mining software.
And Alexander has said many times (NSA) that they need to be able to go back in history and go through the data so they must have it available.

And it's all just "coincidence" that after Benghazi all these sex scandals and rash of retirements happened with top level military commanders.
Easy one here, DO NOT buy a car built prior to 1970.
Personally, I hate most things new, not just cars. A well maintained vintage ride has a LOT to be said for it today!

Old 12-22-2013, 12:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,155,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
They were there at the inception, but government is not what made the internet great nor it's strength in the model.
True. But as the patent shows, we have no recourse. The government will work its will however it sees fit.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:33 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,217,545 times
Quote:
Don't fool yourself man.
I don't. But why make it easy for them? If they want me, that bad fine but I like my privacy and there are still a few ways to achieve that.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Easy one here, DO NOT buy a car built prior to 1970.
Personally, I hate most things new, not just cars. A well maintained vintage ride has a LOT to be said for it today!
Not just car registration, but the DMV sells information. However, I assume you were also speaking of person to person rather than dealer to person.

Old 12-22-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
True. But as the patent shows, we have no recourse. The government will work its will however it sees fit.
If you look at that vid at the 46 min mark, you can see where he is talking about IP and automation. Their share in the stock market and they are the "future" of this country. These policies and methods seem to represent what he calls a "freedom domain".
This is all part of it.

Largest Telecommunications Project in the History of the United States

NIST Unveils Draft of Cybersecurity Framework

TPP Provision to Pursue Criminal Charges Against Those Who "Aid and Abet" Copyright Infringement

Old 12-22-2013, 02:31 PM

And look the same company "monitoring" you in your own home in order to serve you better can now help better manage your health.
Verizon Unveils Remote Patient Monitoring Platform

quote:
The platform transmits data collected from at-home biometric devices via a wireless connection to its server that resides in Verizon's HIPAA-secure cloud. All data is transmitted directly to the cloud; there's no manual input.
"This is a venture that could conceivably have legs by virtue of the fact that everybody recognizes the criticality of integrating home monitoring devices into EHRs," said Rich Temple, national practice director at Beacon Partners, a healthcare consulting firm. "That hasn't been done on a grand scale yet."
Converged Health Management is available for purchase by U.S. health insurance companies, integrated delivery networks, hospitals, large provider groups and self-funded employers.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:13 PM

This seems to be in testing phase. Not sure what may be happening here in the patent realm. This is more information on that EZ pass mentioned in the video.
NSA Boss Wants More Control Over the Net | MIT Technology Review
quote:
The NSA is already running a trial with 17 U.S. defense companies intended to demonstrate technology that could be deployed to change that. Under the Defense Industrial Base (DIB) Cyber Pilot, Lockheed Martin and other companies set up their computer security systems to automatically alert the agency when the alarm is tripped. They automatically pass a summary of what was detected and the IP address associated with the event to the NSA over the Internet. “All you need to pass is the fact of a signature and IP address in real time, and we can take it from there,” said Alexander.
Alexander suggested that the NSA should be given a wider checkpoint role across the Internet to protect core infrastructure and all vital systems connected to it, drawing an analogy with an automatic road toll system. “What we need for cybersecurity is something analogous to that,” he said. “Think of us as the EZ Pass on the highway.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies