Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 02:38 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
When someone poor gets either a education and makes money, or via sports or luck (lottery, inheritence) they will move to a more upscale neighboorhood just like any white or hispanic in the same situation would.

People regardless of race like to hang with like minded people and also want to protect their familes and buy nice things.

It is a class thing not a race thing. A rich black person will be acceipted in a white rich neighborhood if they fit in. If they act thug life they will not fit in. Same with a white family who acts like thugs.

People in nice areas want nice neighbors.

Its as simple as that.

Poor people also want nice neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 06:25 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Really? So you are saying that poor whites have a lower crime rate than wealthy and well off blacks?
No, what I'm saying is the poor whites in my area have a much lower crime rate than poor blacks. In the county I live the population is about 300K, perhaps 1 or 2% is black. At this point in time we're going to have about 75% of the murders were committed in the black community.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:39 AM

204 posts, read 309,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
No, what I'm saying is the poor whites in my area have a much lower crime rate than poor blacks. In the county I live the population is about 300K, perhaps 1 or 2% is black. At this point in time we're going to have about 75% of the murders were committed in the black community.
And 75% of the rapes and molestations will be committed by white men......

Old 12-23-2013, 11:21 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Because you don't hsave the same levels of violent crime in poor white neighborhoods.

I come from a place where the violent crime rates rivaled the big 3 in the past. In fact, they were higher than the big 3 at one point.

The population is majority white.

Also, what about "Gangster City?" You know, the term given to gangland Chicago. What race was committing the majority of crimes then?

Last edited by Gtownoe; 12-23-2013 at 12:30 PM..

Old 12-23-2013, 01:21 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? Where do educated poor people fit in?
How do they act?

Why are they poor if they are educated?

A degree means nothing if they dont use it to improve themselves.

A uneducated person can make more money than a educated person if they are motivated more than the educated person to succeed.

Thats why i didnt mention them. Education has a role but its not a group to pigionhole.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:23 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Poor people also want nice neighbors.
Everyone wants nice neighbors. But if you have no money you cant move when you dont like your neighbors. Hence people with means will move to so called safer neighborhoods. I say so called because crime follows to where there is money.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:31 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4d10 View Post
And 75% of the rapes and molestations will be committed by white men......
Assuming that number is accurate If all rapes and molestations were equally distributed amongst races that number would be normal. You understand the difference between rates and percentages? There is big difference between 1 or 2% of the population committing 75% of the murders (as it is in my county) and 75% of the population committing 75% of rapes an molestations. You would expect that 75% of rapes an molestations would be committed by whites.

Last edited by thecoalman; 12-23-2013 at 06:40 PM..

Old 12-23-2013, 09:02 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,462,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
How about poor hispanics then? Granted, there are many that are involved with gangs, but you don't seem to hear about hispanic on hispanic murders day in day out like you do with blacks.
Our crime rate in Puerto Rico is one of the highest in the US per capita.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:09 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Everyone wants nice neighbors. But if you have no money you cant move when you dont like your neighbors. Hence people with means will move to so called safer neighborhoods. I say so called because crime follows to where there is money.

Shouldn't neighbors be judged on the content of their character and not on the content of their wallet?

Old 12-24-2013, 08:42 AM

237 posts, read 192,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
How about poor hispanics then? Granted, there are many that are involved with gangs, but you don't seem to hear about hispanic on hispanic murders day in day out like you do with blacks.
Ever been to Albuquerque , New Mexico , Puerto Rico, Brownsville, tx? Hispanic on Hispanic murders happen everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies