Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 04:53 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What is there to argue?
Plenty but that would be beyond Charlie Daniels ability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A lot of people commenting after that article want Piers deported.
Please not again, they already tried to deport him over his statements on gun control

Old 12-22-2013, 05:17 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,534,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As a lot of people commenting are self-Righteous hypocrites who think others shouldn't be accorded the same 1st Amendment rights they so happily champion for Phil Robertson.
Why don't you people just let people who don't support gay rights alone? If all of the states allowed secular same-sex marriage and certain people in American society say "gays will go to hell for their lifestyle", can't you just let people have their opinions? Your liberal kind makes up the group of self-righteous people, look at the stuff that y'all post.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:33 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And the problem is????? Those gators may just like a bit of english food....
HMMM Another recipe for bangers and mashed?

Old 12-22-2013, 06:10 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,585,178 times
I'm a very committed Christian and let me give my take on this entire thing. Jesus said, "I did not come into the world to condemn the world but to save the world". We as Christians have a responsibility to share the "good news", gospel of Jesus Christ. It is completely outside of any mandate we have been given by God to condemn any nonbeliever regarding anything that they do. It's just complete nonsense to do so. Anyone who has a reasonable understanding of Christian thought knows full well that the most upright, moral and law abiding person is in exactly the same boat spiritually as the most vile of sinners, {Rapists, murderers, child abusers etc.} They are equally lost from the Kingdom of God. To point a finger at any nonbeliever about what he does is in reality doing the devil's job for him. He is the accuser in fact that is what Satan means. We are called to be "Light" in this darkened world and not as so many Christians seem to think to actually be adding to the darkness by our presumptions.

What this guy said is his right to say. He does have the "freedom of speech" that comes with being an American but I find it very offensive that he says these things as if he is speaking as if these comments are an example of what a "Christian "would say about such things.

To add to this somewhat and I'm not talking about this individual in particular because I don't know much else about him, but in general, the so called "Christian right" Heaps dung on the head of Jesus and his gospel almost every time they open their collective mouths.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:22 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
What is "Charlie Daniels" going to do to "Piers Morgan"? "Fiddle him to death" with the "Devil went down to Georgia"?

Old 12-22-2013, 06:22 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,762,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Plenty but that would be beyond Charlie Daniels ability.
So funny coming fro such as you. Charlie would probably wipe the floor with the likes of you with his brain tied behind his back. Stop being so jealous.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:24 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,762,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
What next? A Charlie Daniels/Ted Nugent presidential ticket for 2016?
Would certainly be better than what we have had for the past decade and more.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
So funny coming fro such as you. Charlie would probably wipe the floor with the likes of you with his brain tied behind his back. Stop being so jealous.
I've heard some of CDB's songs and they hit HARD against bigotry and so on. I sometimes think Mr Daniels is a "closet liberal". LOL

Charlie Daniels Band Legend Of Wooley Swamp - YouTube

Charlie Daniels Band's 'In America' - YouTube

Old 12-22-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Please feel free to share his intelligent responses to the issue, so far nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies