Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 02:55 PM

525 posts, read 508,907 times

Advertisements

I feel like everyone on this forum, myself included, seems to have input on how to make the country better. I notice that we all profess to know a great deal about economics, healthcare, climate science, and virtually every other politically relevant issue.

So, I'm curious about what your top five suggestions are specfically to make the USA a better place with regards to our economy, healthcare, entitlement programs, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 02:59 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Get rid of the idiot in the WH for starters, then work your way down the ladder.

Clean sweep.

Then start over.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:03 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
I feel like everyone on this forum, myself included, seems to have input on how to make the country better. I notice that we all profess to know a great deal about economics, healthcare, climate science, and virtually every other politically relevant issue.

So, I'm curious about what your top five suggestions are specfically to make the USA a better place with regards to our economy, healthcare, entitlement programs, etc.
Things naturally go in cycles. There is no city-state, nation-state, kingdom or empire, on this earth, that has remained at the top of the world or its own zenith perpetually. I think the US reached the peak of its cycle in the 70's. Every since then we have maintained and grown though artificial means, such as debt accumulation. We now have a debt based economy. If we do not keep the debt going and increasing, the economy suffers. Thus, the question is what is the goal of the fix or solution? Is the goal to maintain the economy, through debt, or to put the economy in equilibrium between what the nation produces and what it consumes? The latter represents a deep reduction in the standard of living of Americans, via a managed decline. The former represents continuing standards of living via untenable debts.....which will likely lead to some sort of economic crash in the future.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:06 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
1. Tax rate set to 50%-no deducts. source of income irrelevant, stocks, inheritance, working in the field. 50%.
2. government spending+5% of deficit reduction subtracted from it
3. balance divided amongst the population as a guaranteed untaxed income.
4. minimum wage, section 8, welfare, food stamps, etc...removed.
5. all senior govt officials barred from further employment or income of any sort, and given a lifelong stipend of 10X the guaranteed income, presidents at 50X+lifetime security detail, etc.

Done. Suddenly everyone cares about government spending, and a efficient economy.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:08 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Get rid of the idiot in the WH for starters, then work your way down the ladder.

Clean sweep.

Then start over.
You beat me.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:10 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
I know we've all participating in lobbying to get something approved but I'd make lobbying with $$ illegal.

Additionally, have a better method of elections so we don't have idiots like Reagan, Bush Jr. and Obama as presidents.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:14 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I know we've all participating in lobbying to get something approved but I'd make lobbying with $$ illegal.

Additionally, have a better method of elections so we don't have idiots like Reagan, Bush Jr. and Obama as presidents.
LOL...what would you suggest since apparently democratically elected presidents aren't your forte.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:19 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,463,489 times
Pet all the politicians to play Russian roulette. Put it on pay per view. Now we have a lot of revenue.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:21 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL...what would you suggest since apparently democratically elected presidents aren't your forte.
Well, I should clarify since it led to confusion. Now that I reread it, I wasn't clear at all. It's not the actual process of voting that is concerning. It's the fact that we have people blindly voting based on what the media says.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:23 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post

Outlaw Political correctness and Liberalism....return everything back to the states except the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies