Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 08:03 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,139,612 times

Advertisements

[Don't know where else to put this!]
Quote:
Ignoring biological differences between men and women risks undermining western civilization

Ms. Paglia argues that the softening of modern American society begins as early as kindergarten. "Primary-school education is a crock, basically. It's oppressive to anyone with physical energy, especially guys," she says, pointing to the most obvious example: the way many schools have cut recess. "They're making a toxic environment for boys. Primary education does everything in its power to turn boys into neuters."
Wow! This feminist admits to stuff like this? I first read the piece on it @ American Power: Weekend Interview, Camille Paglia: A Feminist Defense of Masculine Virtues and then went to the original source @ The Weekend Interview With Camille Paglia: A Feminist Defense of Masculine Virtues - WSJ.com

Check it out for yourself. And she adds that none of the elite class has military service.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-28-2013 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: hotlinking/copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 07:16 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,826,878 times
Default Camille Paglia, My kind of Feminist!

This is the kind of feminist I could get behind.....no pun intended. The Weekend Interview With Camille Paglia: A Feminist Defense of Masculine Virtues - WSJ.com Amazing what a little common sense will do for you.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:39 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Camille is a cracker jack. I've enjoyed her biting commentary and no nonsense style for decades.

Here is what she said about Hillary Clinton recently.

"It remains baffling how anyone would think that Hillary Clinton (born the same year as me) is our party’s best chance. She has more sooty baggage than a 90-car freight train. And what exactly has she ever accomplished — beyond bullishly covering for her philandering husband? She’s certainly busy, busy and ever on the move — with the tunnel-vision workaholism of someone trying to blot out uncomfortable private thoughts.

I for one think it was a very big deal that our ambassador was murdered in Benghazi. In saying “I take responsibility” for it as secretary of state, Hillary should have resigned immediately. The weak response by the Obama administration to that tragedy has given a huge opening to Republicans in the next presidential election. The impression has been amply given that Benghazi was treated as a public relations matter to massage rather than as the major and outrageous attack on the U.S. that it was.
Throughout history, ambassadors have always been symbolic incarnations of the sovereignty of their nations and the dignity of their leaders.

As far as I’m concerned, Hillary disqualified herself for the presidency in that fist-pounding moment at a congressional hearing when she said, “What difference does it make what we knew and when we knew it, Senator?”

Old 12-28-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Camille is a cracker jack. I've enjoyed her biting commentary and no nonsense style for decades.

Here is what she said about Hillary Clinton recently.

"It remains baffling how anyone would think that Hillary Clinton (born the same year as me) is our party’s best chance. She has more sooty baggage than a 90-car freight train. And what exactly has she ever accomplished — beyond bullishly covering for her philandering husband? She’s certainly busy, busy and ever on the move — with the tunnel-vision workaholism of someone trying to blot out uncomfortable private thoughts.

I for one think it was a very big deal that our ambassador was murdered in Benghazi. In saying “I take responsibility” for it as secretary of state, Hillary should have resigned immediately. The weak response by the Obama administration to that tragedy has given a huge opening to Republicans in the next presidential election. The impression has been amply given that Benghazi was treated as a public relations matter to massage rather than as the major and outrageous attack on the U.S. that it was.
Throughout history, ambassadors have always been symbolic incarnations of the sovereignty of their nations and the dignity of their leaders.

As far as I’m concerned, Hillary disqualified herself for the presidency in that fist-pounding moment at a congressional hearing when she said, “What difference does it make what we knew and when we knew it, Senator?”
Indeed.......like I said a little common sense.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:25 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Indeed.......like I said a little common sense.
Complains US males are suffering from "devalorization"... names her son "Lucien".

Yeah, THERE is some common sense for ya

This woman doesn't know WHAT the hell she is. Just what are her "feminist" credentials? That she's an abrasive lesbian???

She may CLAIM to be a feminist, but she has spent her entire life running down REAL feminists, while promoting traditional patriarchal paradigms.

Did you even read that WSJ profile? Paglia comes off like a nut in that article.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Complains US males are suffering from "devalorization"... names her son "Lucien".

This woman doesn't know WHAT the hell she is. Just what are her "feminist" credentials? That she's an abrasive lesbian???

She may CLAIM to be a feminist, but she has spent her entire life running down REAL feminists, while promoting traditional patriarchal paradigms.

Did you even read that WSJ profile? Paglia comes off like a nut in that article.
Actually no I just saw that she was promoting traditional patriarchal paradigms and said now that is my kind of feminist. Granted when it comes to Feminist credentials.....she's no Margarate Thatcher or Sarah Palin, but she is one the media likes to put forth.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
[Don't know where else to put this!]

Wow! This feminist admits to stuff like this? I first read the piece on it @ American Power: Weekend Interview, Camille Paglia: A Feminist Defense of Masculine Virtues and then went to the original source @ The Weekend Interview With Camille Paglia: A Feminist Defense of Masculine Virtues - WSJ.com

Check it out for yourself. And she adds that none of the elite class has military service.
She probably just dropped off the glaad Christmas card list.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:40 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,218,988 times
Quote:

Lucien's a perfectly good male name. OK, it's French, but it's not androgynous or anything.

Quote:
You mean that's not sufficient? Worked for MacKinnon and Dworkin.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Lucien's a perfectly good male name. OK, it's French, but it's not androgynous or anything.

You mean that's not sufficient? Worked for MacKinnon and Dworkin.
Interesting how fast they disown their own when they dont march in lockstep.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:50 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:

So you're going to start out a post by making fun of someone's name and then think that anything else you say is going to be seen as having any merit?
Quote:
The fact that you think someone needs credentials to be a feminist indicates that you're a narrow minded ideologue. If someone's feminist ideas aren't your feminist ideas then they aren't a "real" feminist.

It's people like you that make us on the right laugh at the left's claims to be open minded and tolerant.
Quote:
Case in point. You get to define what is and is not approved thought. What a champion of equal rights you are! Everyone is free to think exactly as you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies