Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 01:56 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
That reminds me, I have to load my decoys into the truck for an afternoon hunt today.
I am so glad I outgrew the need to be broke and miserable to hunt a bird that is marginally edible. I actually quit hunting them about 25 years ago, but every five years or so I would go again to remind me why I quit. Haven't been in ten years now.

I had a good friend who got up and went one morning when it was six degrees, knowing full well he had a hole in his waders. I don't remember whether he was a Democrat or a republican, but there are idiots and fools on both sides. Most of them just aren't that extreme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 02:57 PM

45,439 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I am so glad I outgrew the need to be broke and miserable to hunt a bird that is marginally edible. I actually quit hunting them about 25 years ago, but every five years or so I would go again to remind me why I quit. Haven't been in ten years now.

I had a good friend who got up and went one morning when it was six degrees, knowing full well he had a hole in his waders. I don't remember whether he was a Democrat or a republican, but there are idiots and fools on both sides. Most of them just aren't that extreme.

Actually I rarely go for ducks now, I concentrate on geese. Ended up not going today, clear skies an unlimited visibility.

Your friend wore waders?

Old 01-01-2014, 04:12 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Actually I rarely go for ducks now, I concentrate on geese. Ended up not going today, clear skies an unlimited visibility.

Your friend wore waders?
We have cypress swamps along the Congaree and Santee Rivers where the water is a foot or so deep for a few hundred yards back in the trees from the river itself. Not anywhere near the big water.

Since it was so cold he thought he might jump shoot a few wood ducks. They were smarter than he was.

I laughed at him for a month.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:56 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Ok, so I read an AP article on Fox News website,

NH state rep. apologizes after striking ducks with car at Nashua hotel; police investigating | Fox News

AND I am ALMOST certain, that because there is no (R) next to the man's name, that he is a democrat. WHY, do you ask? Because, it's a trend I have noticed, when an (R) says or does something that is bad/wrong/illegal/controversial, there is almost always an (R) next to their name in the article, BUT when it's a (D), it's mysteriously absent.

Rep. David Campbell (D-New Hampshire) biography

The question is, WHY? Why do they do this, and WHY do people accept it?

(And WHY did he feel it was OK to run over a DUCK, and drive away?).

You should write a letter and complain every time this happens. Problem solved.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:36 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Ok, so I read an AP article on Fox News website,

NH state rep. apologizes after striking ducks with car at Nashua hotel; police investigating | Fox News

AND I am ALMOST certain, that because there is no (R) next to the man's name, that he is a democrat. WHY, do you ask? Because, it's a trend I have noticed, when an (R) says or does something that is bad/wrong/illegal/controversial, there is almost always an (R) next to their name in the article, BUT when it's a (D), it's mysteriously absent.

Rep. David Campbell (D-New Hampshire) biography

The question is, WHY? Why do they do this, and WHY do people accept it?

(And WHY did he feel it was OK to run over a DUCK, and drive away?).

You know why as well as I do, and any one with common sense also knows why. Don't tarnish the blemish Democrats. When there is a R after the name, it is public out cry, media news worthy, nite time talk shows, all up on it, if it is a R after the name. News headliners.

Talk about it 24/7 just be honest, this is reality, and most of us are use to it. So much better and so much more outrage if their is a R after the name. Could be the same damn thing a Democrat has done, but soon as a R is after the name for the same damn thing, It is a fudging train wreck.

And yes this is the way it is, don't deny it. Who accepts it, it is just something that has not been able to be changed. Too many hardliners on one ignorant team.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:03 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,663,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
You should write a letter and complain every time this happens. Problem solved.
And the beauty part is that he will hardly ever have to do it.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:05 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Killing ducks for food with a shot gun is a whole lot different than running a flock of them over with a car in a parking lot for "fun".
I read most of the linked articles and nowhere was it reported that he ran the ducks over 'for fun'.

Sounds more like alcohol was involved.

Shame on him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies