Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 02:06 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times

Advertisements

Nancy Snyderman, NBC's chief medical editor, recently revealed that she considers signing up for Obamacare to be a "patriotic duty."

Quote:
She later said, however, that all Americans have a responsibility to participate in the ACA and that is why she compelled her children to comport with the insurance mandates.
“I made my kids sign up, because I just said this is your patriotic duty,” Snyderman confessed.
NBC’s Chief Medical Editor Put Her Kids on Obamacare to Fulfill ‘Patriotic Duty’ | Mediaite

Nice objective journalism there, NBC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 02:08 PM

275 posts, read 455,621 times
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Paying more for the same amount of healthcare I receive through my employer right now (that I'm actually losing soon)? SO patriotic. Thanks Obama.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:13 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Harkens back to the patriotic duty to the 'Fatherland'. Choice goes out the window by decree.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:21 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
I guess when you're a liberal your patriotic duty probably is to expand the welfare state and overwhelm the system.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:23 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
This is the first time that I have heard anyone from a left-leaning partisan "news" channel dare to utter the phrase "patriotic duty" and it is in relation to signing up for the president's health care law. Irony at its best (or worst).

She has it completely bass-ackwards.

Signing up for Obamacare is not patriotic on its face.

What IS patriotic is for every citizen in this country to question authority; question whether or not this legislation is good for themselves and their families; question the implementation of the law, the details of the law that affect them including the affordability and the ready access to quality care; and to question how this law will affect this country as it pertains to the national debt, job expansion or contraction and more.

It is patriotic for every citizen to hold their elected officials accountable for the decisions they make, the actions they take, the promises they make and the words that they say.

It is finally patriotic for every citizen to demand accountability from the media.

Asking questions and demanding answers is patriotic. Blind following because somebody "says so" is not.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:23 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
I'm sure that Nancy Synderman probably thinks all of us should be on statins, because patriotic duty.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:26 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
It's my patriotic duty to purchase health insurance that I can't afford and that is only a tiny bit better then the health insurance that I could afford and that I lost due to this new "Patriotic" law?

This is like telling a child, "good boys and girls make their beds". It's both patronizing and insulting.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:28 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,771 times
What I found impressive was that Dr. Nancy "made" her (presumably adult) kids do anything. That must have been an interesting conversation.

"You guys need to sign up for Obamacare."

"But mom, we're young and healthy. Besides, can't we stay on your insurance until we're like 36 or something?"

"You kids must hate America! How will we ever have a health care system as wonderful as Rwanda's if everyone doesn't get on board? Now do your patriotic duty."

"Mom, who is Rwanda? This Obamacare website blows. It's like getting on AOL with a Commodore 64."

Old 01-02-2014, 02:30 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
I think it's our patriotic duty to fire every miserable Democrat who lied to get this disaster passed. That would be all of them.

I wish we could fire so-called journalists like Dr. Snyderman and all the other hacks at NBC. If they would have done their jobs investigating and reporting on this bill, maybe it wouldn't have passed. Instead, all we got from the alphabet networks was the usual DNC propaganda.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:32 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
I wonder if she threatened that Santa was going to take back their footy pajamas if they didn't obey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies