Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 06:26 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times

Advertisements

Liberals keep arguing that global warming is threatening our existence. But six months ago, I was wearing shorts, and now I have to wear heavy jackets when I go outside. Furthermore, this same trend is happening across the entire United States. Why aren't these liberals concerned about global cooling? I mean at the rate we're going, in a few years the atmosphere will liquefy and we'll all be doomed.

Thanks Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 06:31 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Yep, that darn weather. Just hang on, it will rain soon.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:05 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Liberals keep arguing that global warming is threatening our existence. But six months ago, I was wearing shorts, and now I have to wear heavy jackets when I go outside. Furthermore, this same trend is happening across the entire United States. Why aren't these liberals concerned about global cooling? I mean at the rate we're going, in a few years the atmosphere will liquefy and we'll all be doomed.

Thanks Obama.
I hear the opposite trend is happening in Australia. Very curious. It's as if the suns rays were more direct in the northern hemisphere 6 months ago and now they're more direct in the southern hemisphere.... and have you noticed the days were getting shorter too? Thank the Lord that stopped around December 21st. What a relief.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:23 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,837,307 times
If you really want to be shaken to your core, read " A Pail of Air " by Fritz Leiber.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:32 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I hear the opposite trend is happening in Australia. Very curious. It's as if the suns rays were more direct in the northern hemisphere 6 months ago and now they're more direct in the southern hemisphere.... and have you noticed the days were getting shorter too? Thank the Lord that stopped around December 21st. What a relief.
I just figured the increased darkness was a result of supernatural powers smiting us because the ACA provisions were about to go into effect. This new revelation makes me wonder though about something far more complicated and possibly sinister.

Soon we'll have to declare war on Australia to take their sun.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:30 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
I just figured the increased darkness was a result of supernatural powers smiting us because the ACA provisions were about to go into effect. This new revelation makes me wonder though about something far more complicated and possibly sinister.

Soon we'll have to declare war on Australia to take their sun.
If Obama had a sun, he would be yellow..

Old 01-04-2014, 09:23 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
If Obama had a sun, he would be yellow..
And if people actually learned the difference between localized and global we'd have a smarter population.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:30 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:

Thanks Obama.
Yeah I know. Last night it got dark and this morning it got light again. What's that about?

Old 01-04-2014, 09:31 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Why do scientifically illiterate conservatives always start threads on subjects they have no concept of?

Quote:
Last month was the warmest November since modern temperature record keeping began in 1880, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced today in its latest State of the Climate report, which summarizes climate-related news from around the world.

With a combined land and ocean surface temperature of 56.6 degrees Fahrenheit, November 2013 also was the 345th consecutive month – and the 37th November in a row – with a global temperature higher than the 20th century average, the NOAA report added
It's cold out, must be no climate change.

The Dumbing Down is deliberate, targeted, and very effective.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:35 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Since when did the US become the only place on the globe? Either that or Cons don't know what the word global means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies