Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 01:12 PM

519 posts, read 1,023,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
He was trying to get on the History Channel's radar for future employment.

You know, that's not a bad idea. Sort of like how NFL players go to work as commentators for ESPN after retiring- retired Air Force generals should just claim they cut up some little green men in Roswell and rake in that sweet sweet conspiracy money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 02:45 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
"Aliens Exist' Says Canada's Former Defense Minister -- Fusion.

To people who worship government, I guess a lot of people will believe this guy.

Over the weekend, Paul Hellyer, former Canadian defense minister, went on television and declared that not only do aliens exist but that they walk amongst us and are responsible for some of our modern technology. Among these tech gifts are the microchip, LED light and Kevlar vest.

The LED? Really?
I don't believe that, either. Those inventions usually have a history, they were not invented just like that.
Maybe he meant that those bright researchers were aliens, although they looked like and were considered humans. But why should aliens from other planets look so human as to really pass for humans? That makes no sense, unless they are shapeshifters

Old 01-08-2014, 04:59 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't believe that, either. Those inventions usually have a history, they were not invented just like that.
Maybe he meant that those bright researchers were aliens, although they looked like and were considered humans. But why should aliens from other planets look so human as to really pass for humans? That makes no sense, unless they are shapeshifters
Maybe it is US that looks like them, they mixed their DNA with whatever life-form existed here at the time, "missing link" type stuff.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:02 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
If aliens are among us, and have contributed technology, why don't we have more cool stuff, like flying cars and sexy robots?
Just cause you don't have them doesn't mean somebody doesn't.

Seriously, all tech is dolled out, "alien" or not. This it to milk the most buck.This planet operates under centrally controlled corporate structure. Both are vigorously maintained. You plan innovation and obsolescence. See where cars have stayed.

Do you know what is in those approx 6000 classified patents?

Why do you think the NSA head said IP was the future of this country?

This kind of thing isn't uncommon, where inventions just disappear and no more is heard.
This guy worked on the project and wonders.

What Ever Happened to These Honda Energy Breakthroughs?

Old 01-08-2014, 08:11 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
If aliens are among us, and have contributed technology, why don't we have more cool stuff, like flying cars and sexy robots?

Ok please now, people cannot even handle driving on straight hwys, people don't pay attention on the road, they text, they drink, and they talk. Can you imagine what people would be like with flying cars.

Flying cars would be exciting for a while, then I believe would wear off, after collisions in the air by car.
Believe me, I have met some people that I looked at pretty hard, this one guy had the most pointed ears my family ever had seen. And odd looking eyes. There are some weird looking humans out there believe me.

Who knows, to speculate is good and you grow, this is such a great vast universe are we the only ones, i cannot say for sure, can any of us. I think those that have had experiences with certain subjects, look at things from a different point of view then those of us who have not.

Same with ghosts, most people I do know do believe, and I am sure those that have not had experiences with ghosts, or passed loved ones, will think differently. Those that have, know that they know something you don't.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Ok please now, people cannot even handle driving on straight hwys, people don't pay attention on the road, they text, they drink, and they talk. Can you imagine what people would be like with flying cars.

Flying cars would be exciting for a while, then I believe would wear off, after collisions in the air by car.
Believe me, I have met some people that I looked at pretty hard, this one guy had the most pointed ears my family ever had seen. And odd looking eyes. There are some weird looking humans out there believe me.

Who knows, to speculate is good and you grow, this is such a great vast universe are we the only ones, i cannot say for sure, can any of us. I think those that have had experiences with certain subjects, look at things from a different point of view then those of us who have not.

Same with ghosts, most people I do know do believe, and I am sure those that have not had experiences with ghosts, or passed loved ones, will think differently. Those that have, know that they know something you don't.
Actually, flying tech would be an issue, but other air born tech could actually prevent accidents. The craft would be in the air or off the ground, but the term flying would be inaccurate. These kinds of tech are considered no-nos for the public mainly because of their impact on the entire global energy market. Liability also makes a great deal for some though. The government counts on it and uses it to acquire wealth.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:56 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
He must have mistaken Men in Black for a documentary.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
He must have mistaken Men in Black for a documentary.
It is a documentary, the russian one, though not US. Go back and see my post.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The idea the humans maybe part of a large family of humanoids could be a possibility. i.e maybe, at least some ETs appear like humans.

Regarding information sharing there are other options, that could be considered as well, for information or inspiration.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Jung

Old 01-09-2014, 01:55 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
The idea the humans maybe part of a large family of humanoids could be a possibility. i.e maybe, at least some ETs appear like humans.

Regarding information sharing there are other options, that could be considered as well, for information or inspiration.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Jung
Hmmm....Last night, I was watching a Star Trek Next Generation (The Chase) that dealt with exactly that premise. Alien beings seeded all planets with humanoid DNA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies