Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 06:28 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
For those of you taking the position that anything goes before the feature actually starts, all I can say is that I disagree - strongly. Where did this idea come from?

As far as I'm concerned, the movie - that is, the movie experience - starts when the curtains open and the lights go down. Any filing in and out, talking, texting, etc., etc., etc. after that is disruptive, annoying, and rude.

People should be in their seats and quiet....having finished their bathroom breaks and settled in with their food....when the lights go down and you hear the curtain motor begin to run.
Your theater hasn't existed since well before the advent of cel-phones and texting. Curtain? Are you being serious? They abandoned the curtain when too many motor driven articles in theaters could fail and disrupt the viewing pleasure and timing. No one noticed the absence of the curtain.

The lights don't go down until a good twenty minutes of previews and announcements then they partially dim while the warning about cel-phone use and other disruptive behaviour, then the leaders to the main feature starts with louder volume so that those later arriving patrons still walking up the ramps and climbing loge stairways get the message to hurry up and get seated, THEN and only then do the lights go to full dim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 06:34 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I get it, now you can kill people because they annoy you. Great logic.
I cant actually believe that some people would say because someone annoys someone else that person has a right to commit murder..

Texters are annoying but not worth killing!!! A slap upside the head maybe?? but murder? no way

Old 01-17-2014, 01:43 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper
The only thing wrong with the old fella is he's sick to death of young know-it-alls taking their noisy toys into places where people pay to enjoy what they went there for. The young fella was showing ZERO respect to other patrons
I do agree..... People are zombies!!!!

They have those stupid phones EVERYWHERE!!!! -- You cant get away from them!! (I goto a restaurant and all the sheeple are staring into thier phones!!)

DISGUSTING!!

Old 01-17-2014, 01:50 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I do agree..... People are zombies!!!!

They have those stupid phones EVERYWHERE!!!! -- You cant get away from them!! (I goto a restaurant and all the sheeple are staring into thier phones!!)

DISGUSTING!!
I had to ask my adult daughter to put away her phone at our Thanksgiving dinner table.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:22 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
The ignorance on this thread is amazing. So what if you don't like cell phones? It is not disgusting to see someone on a phone. It is rude in certain instances, but we don't shoot someone for being rude. If we did most of the snowbirds that visit my area would be dead. During Mardi Gras they fight over moon pies and beads even ripping them out of the hands of small children. I have heard them complain year after year that the kids are there. Who do they really think the parades are for? Being elderly does not give anyone the right to tell others what to do, how to live, or to try to enforce the rules.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:34 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol. Had the dead guy paid attention, he wouldn't be dead and nobody would have known about the guy with the concealed carry permit.
Had the shooter paid attention, no one would have been murdered.

Because cell phones are much more deadly than guns, right?

Skittles are much more deadly than guns, also, I hear.

It's amazing that cell phones and skittles don't require a permit to own! I mean...those deadly weapons..

Old 01-17-2014, 06:58 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
This old age entitlement crap really galls me. I suppose I don't look my age (65) because these old coots give it to me too with their I AM OLD and DEMAND my due. Oh, spare me, you morons. Wanna see MY Medicare card? Your 2, 3, 4, 5 year age difference means crap to me. You are entitled to NOTHING. You want your respect, then GIVE it.

Florida where America goes to die, or lately KILL everyone else.
Both men felt entitled to violate theater rules. A difference is, the younger one felt entitled to continue after told it was annoying by another patron. He also felt entitled to escalate from words to throwing popcorn. No, he didn't deserve to die, but ease up on the 'old age entitlement.' The younger guy had more of an entitlement mentality in this case.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:06 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Both men felt entitled to violate theater rules. A difference is, the younger one felt entitled to continue after told it was annoying by another patron. He also felt entitled to escalate from words to throwing popcorn. No, he didn't deserve to die, but ease up on the 'old age entitlement.' The younger guy had more of an entitlement mentality in this case.
So you don't think it's more of an "entitlement mentality" to shoot someone over a petty argument? WOW!

Old 01-17-2014, 07:59 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
For texting BEFORE a movie?

Come on.

Was it because of the light? The light from the phone was irritating the man

Old 01-17-2014, 08:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
For texting BEFORE a movie?

Come on.

Was it because of the light? The light from the phone was irritating the man
I understand the theater doesn't allow cell phone use In The Auditoriums. Period.

Sure, the shooter could have moved, kept his mouth shut until the movie started, done any number of things. Just as the younger guy could have. The entitlement, rudeness prior to the shooting was worse by the texter.

Oh, he didn't deserve to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies