Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2014, 12:26 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,678,955 times

Advertisements

Good to know that a trained police captain can gun down a husband and father over texting...wtf?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 01:11 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,488,169 times
Live Video Webcast | Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Clearwater and Sarasota | WTSP.com 10 News
Video about to be shown.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:53 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,693,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Live Video Webcast | Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Clearwater and Sarasota | WTSP.com 10 News
Prosecution's bond hearing opening statement - two witnesses heard...
"Throw popcorn at me will you?!" BANG!
Or not. Looks like one witness changed his mind about what was said, even though he was instructed to be 100% sure. Too much pandemonium to clearly hear the words, he now says.

Another circus trial, coming right up!

Old 02-05-2014, 02:05 PM

Hmmm. The witness (I tuned in late and have no idea his name) said he felt Oulson had had enough and stood up to confront the shooter.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:20 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,520,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Prosecution's bond hearing opening statement - two witnesses heard...
"Throw popcorn at me will you?!" BANG!
Oh boy; he knew nothing worse than harmless popcorn was thrown and still resorted to a firearm in response? Oh boy, oh boy, a highly trained police veteran of many years, responsible for setting up swat training nonetheless. That really brings confidence in the ability to spotlight those who should not be let within a country mile of a firearm, eh?

Old 02-05-2014, 02:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,237,820 times
This witness says that after Reeves shot the texter he said "teach you to throw popcorn in my face".

Old 02-05-2014, 02:34 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,717,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
This witness says that after Reeves shot the texter he said "teach you to throw popcorn in my face".
I'm waiting for all of the defenders of this guy, who claimed repeatedly that the old man might have mistaken a thrown object as a deadly weapon, to come back to his defense again. Apparently the old man knew exactly what was thrown and damn it, he wasn't going to take it any more.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:39 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,440,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Theaters should remind all moviegoers about this incident prior to the start of the previews. That should be "fair warning" to those that would want to disrupt the movie.
What kind of Fair warning are you talking about here

death penalty for texting in a theater? give me a f'n break

and during the previews. . . the f'n previews.

I say fair game until the movie starts. If some guy with a gun has a problem with that. . .I hope he keeps it to himself.

i'm not going to bother worrying about it.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
I'm waiting for all of the defenders of this guy, who claimed repeatedly that the old man might have mistaken a thrown object as a deadly weapon, to come back to his defense again. Apparently the old man knew exactly what was thrown and damn it, he wasn't going to take it any more.
Looks like you missed my post, which was a direct quote from the hearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Looks like one witness changed his mind about what was said, even though he was instructed to be 100% sure. Too much pandemonium to clearly hear the words, he now says.
When grilled about why he changed his story, he says he's new to the business of being asked questions and giving a statement.

That doesn't mean I'm defending him. It means we should all wait and I still think the shooter will walk.

But do keep overlooking facts. Or watch the hearings yourself.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:11 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,194,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I had to leave to pick up my daughter, but was that the guy that is retired military? I only heard a few minutes of his testimony, but he seems like he is very observant and credible. I wish I could have watched it all.

My heart breaks for the wives and families of these men, but especially those of the victim. His wife seems like a very strong woman, and I think she will be a very compelling witness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies