Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 04:42 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Too bad the dead guy didn't, he might be alive now.

They aren't listening. In today,s black and white world there is only right or wrong.
Those people will continue to be rude, arrogant and inconsiderate of other peoples
feelings.
I'm listening. I just keep hoping he'll say something that will reveal he is actually more civilized than Attila the Hun, slavering to slay at the slightest sleight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 04:45 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I get it, now you can kill people because they annoy you. Great logic.
You always could, it's considered murder, but you could always kill someone because they annoy you, and I'd bet a decent sum of money that most (>75%) of the people killed intentionally are killed because they annoyed someone.

Not that I condone at all what happened, but just telling it like it is.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:49 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Maybe the object that hit Reeves head was the cell phone.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:51 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
You always could, it's considered murder, but you could always kill someone because they annoy you, and I'd bet a decent sum of money that most (>75%) of the people killed intentionally are killed because they annoyed someone.

Not that I condone at all what happened, but just telling it like it is.
True statement.

I'm just getting tired of people saying he got what he deserved. We don't get to kill people (without consequences) just because they annoy us.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:13 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
This old age entitlement crap really galls me. I suppose I don't look my age (65) because these old coots give it to me too with their I AM OLD and DEMAND my due. Oh, spare me, you morons. Wanna see MY Medicare card? Your 2, 3, 4, 5 year age difference means crap to me. You are entitled to NOTHING. You want your respect, then GIVE it.

Florida where America goes to die, or lately KILL everyone else.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:15 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If it was, then it would have been on the floor for the police to see. Not one account has said that there was a phone on the floor, but they all mention popcorn flying.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
True statement.

I'm just getting tired of people saying he got what he deserved. We don't get to kill people (without consequences) just because they annoy us.
I haven't seen anyone saying that. Do you have a quote or are you just being dramatic?

Old 01-16-2014, 05:50 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Maybe the texter said, softly, 'I'm going to kill you', before he maybe threw the cell phone that maybe Reeves thought was acid.

otoh, maybe this is what it seems to be so far --- Reeves was fed-up, insulted, humiliated, embarrassed, angry, lost self-control, and used his gun to kill the texter.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:01 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
People like me will flip off people like you. . .I'm not going to stop playing on my phone to watch commercials and the other crap that is going on.

I'm there for the movie only.

Nothing else.

You don't like it

Load up itunes trailers, and stay home.

It also says no candy (and no guns)

who gives a crap what it says.
There you have it. The sociopathology that rules today's America while we collectively cower in PC silence.

This incident is much more revealing than anyone first thought.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:11 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Welcome to my world. It's like a breath of fresh air. Calling other members trolls was the last straw for me.
Well then I'll post this and you can decide if it fits or not:

What is an Internet Troll? (Posting Guidelines - Netiquette) What is a Forum Troll?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies