Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 04:00 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Christie knew about bridge closings, ex-official says - Investigations

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie knew about the controversial closing of lanes on the George Washington Bridge when it happened last year, a former close aide alleged Friday in a letter obtained by NBC News.

Christie — who's considered a serious contender for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination — has repeatedly denied having known about the closing of two of three local access lanes from Fort Lee, N.J., to the bridge, which is one of the busiest in the world. The closing froze traffic for four days — allegedly in retaliation over the latter's refusal to endorse him in the 2013 governor's race.
I don't doubt many knew of the closing of the lanes when it happened, even the Governor. The real question is if he had knowledge that the lanes were being closed by his staffers actions; Knoweldge either prior, durring, or after the closings until he met with the media and claimed he had no prior knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 04:03 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
divided we fall.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:04 PM

260 posts, read 337,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So you have judge, jury and sentencing all done it seems via the media.
Not exactly. We shall see what Wildstein's evidence is and go from there. There still is a legal process to go through. But if it is proven that he did know - tampering with a bridge is a Federal offense. And then of course there's lying abut it....

Old 01-31-2014, 04:10 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Notice they are "ex" employees ?
Believe everything everyone tells the MSM ?

Sworn testimony with proof is what you should be looking for, not MSM interviews with ex employees.
I agree. But one should take a second to ponder...one of these two men will most likely be destroyed by these alligations.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:15 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
If he admits it, it is same as admitting he lied in the face if the nation during the two hour TV session.
Of course he knew about it...it was on the news...LOL.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-01-2014 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 01-31-2014, 04:16 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Christie knew about bridge closings, ex-official says - Investigations

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie knew about the controversial closing of lanes on the George Washington Bridge when it happened last year, a former close aide alleged Friday in a letter obtained by NBC News.

Christie — who's considered a serious contender for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination — has repeatedly denied having known about the closing of two of three local access lanes from Fort Lee, N.J., to the bridge, which is one of the busiest in the world. The closing froze traffic for four days — allegedly in retaliation over the latter's refusal to endorse him in the 2013 governor's race.
The state legislature is full of life-long loyal democrats who would love to cause harm to Christie, so statements like these need to be treated with suspicion.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I agree. But one should take a second to ponder...one of these two men will most likely be destroyed by these alligations.
Not necessarily. Depends on how hell bent the MSM is to get blood out of this.

After Lerner took the 5th she disappeared from the MSM.
She waited out her time at home and then officially retired.
The issue is moot now and pretty much forgotten.

Yet there was enough evidence to indicate that someone in the IRS had an agenda.
The buck stopped at Lerner who took the 5th and has since retired so we'll never know the full story.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:24 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Default Christy Knew about Lane Closings

While this certainly doesn't provide beyond a doubt that he knew it certainly sounds as if he did and someone can prove it.. I have always felt this scumbag knew and I think this is the tip of the ice burg for the games this joker plays with intimidation. Unfortunately, this is representative of the individuals we seem to be putting in office nowadays. What's worse I bet a months worth of paychecks that the folks that put this joker in office continue to support him even if he's caught red handed.

Christie knew about bridge lane closings, ex-Port Authority official says | National | ADN.com

Old 01-31-2014, 11:29 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Who cares anymore............he has been trashed by the media which is what it's all about. Hillary is scared he could beat her in NY. Not anymore. I don't like the fatso anyway but you folks are just on overkill now. At least with Cain you stopped after you ran him out. Who is next for the pathetic trash media to attack is the question now. Just pathetic anymore.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:55 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who cares anymore............he has been trashed by the media which is what it's all about. Hillary is scared he could beat her in NY. Not anymore. I don't like the fatso anyway but you folks are just on overkill now. At least with Cain you stopped after you ran him out. Who is next for the pathetic trash media to attack is the question now. Just pathetic anymore.
I'm one of you...Conservative but in this case, I think he's bad bad mojo for the party and I don't think he would have been a good choice for the nomination. In the end, the media would have dug up enough of his antic's before Iowa that he would have turned a lot of potential conservative votes to moonbat votes.. I'm glad it's coming out now so we can move past this joker..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies