Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 10:51 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Lol! Yup, it's going to be hissy fits galore from the gay community. Putin knows how to tick people off.
You cons sure have a knack for choosing heroes.

But you're right -- Putin is an expert at "ticking people off," if by that you mean "deflecting attention from the monumental corruption and lawlessness that underlies his régime." "Tens of billions of dollars funneled into the pockets of my cronies who built the Sochi Olympic venues... opposition leaders thrown in jail... journalists beaten up... HEY, LOOK OVER THERE! GAYS ARE BAD!"

Of course whenever you broach the topic of human rights to a Russian, they invariably respond with, "But, but, but, drone attacks! Snowden! So there!"

And now here come the accusations that the above was a "hissy fit" in 5, 4, 3...

(You cons are so predictable.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 10:53 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
I agree. His country, his rules. Homosexual athletes, are you going to to Sochi to participate in the games or propagandize? If the former, than what is the problem? If the latter, than knowing he is not allowing this, why are you so intent of pushing your agenda on others? And stirring up trouble?

Old 01-17-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Figure skating. Nuff said.
They'll have to censor the two-man luge too. (It might not BE gay, but it sure LOOKS gay. Can't be too careful! Some child might see that and start having incorrect thoughts.)

Old 01-17-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
I agree. His country, his rules. Homosexual athletes, are you going to to Sochi to participate in the games or propagandize? If the former, than what is the problem? If the latter, than knowing he is not allowing this, why are you so intent of pushing your agenda on others? And stirring up trouble?
If the Olympics were ever held in a strict Muslim country, should all female athletes be forced to compete in burkas?

Old 01-17-2014, 11:00 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
What are you even talking about? What agenda? Specifics, I want specifics. And who is stirring trouble? What specifically are they doing?

Old 01-17-2014, 11:01 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post

But you're right -- Putin is an expert at "ticking people off," if by that you mean "deflecting attention from the monumental corruption and lawlessness that underlies his régime." "Tens of billions of dollars funneled into the pockets of my cronies who built the Sochi Olympic venues... opposition leaders thrown in jail... journalists beaten up... HEY, LOOK OVER THERE! GAYS ARE BAD!"

Of course whenever you broach the topic of human rights to a Russian, they invariably respond with, "But, but, but, drone attacks! Snowden! So there!"

And now here come the accusations that the above was a "hissy fit" in 5, 4, 3...

You could reverse this statement and use American examples and reps, either side of the isle.. I'm not gonna worry to much about Russia but I'm not gonna pretend our cons or progs are any diff.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
What are you even talking about? What agenda? Specifics, I want specifics. And who is stirring trouble? What specifically are they doing?
Well, apparently, if a figure skater gives his boyfriend anything more than a cordial handshake whenever there are TV cameras present, Russian society will collapse. No wonder Putin's so scared!

Old 01-17-2014, 11:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:

I'll be the first to say that I don't trust Putin (or Russia) as far as I can throw him. And knowing that he is a scumbag, and does all of this nasty stuff to others, if you're gay, why go over there and tempt fate? It may not end well for you.

Quote:
If the Olympics were ever held in a strict Muslim country, should all female athletes be forced to compete in burkas?
It would be silly, and as a**backwards as it is, it's their country and their rules. They have no obligation to cater to non-citizens.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:48 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Like I said, his country. His rules. I don't agree with Putin on the matter, so why visit his country and help in any way shape or form in putting your money into his economy? Furthermore, me thinks any gay folks who would try to go over there and protest might not like the outcome. Russia isn't the United States. Look at what they're doing to gay people in Nigeria.

I know right! that is an insult to very good gay friends of mine. You know most gays, lead a very straight forward normal life. Would never think of what Putin is thinking.

Not only Gays then he needs to worry about, what about Pedophiles then also. His rules yes, and if I were gay, I sure as hell after that statement not go there.

Russia hell no ain't the US. A protest most likely would not bring the people protesting back home.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:52 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Lol! Yup, it's going to be hissy fits galore from the gay community. Putin knows how to tick people off.
He also knows how to bring out the traitor in right-wingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies