Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 07:53 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times

Advertisements

more tolerance of different views from the left.
Governor Cuomo just proved the double standard that the left follows "our views are the only legit ones".

oh and one more thing. Cuomo is RICH and WHITE. I guess because he is a liberal makes
that ok.

Andrew Cuomo: Pro-Life People "Have No Place in the State of New York" | LifeNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 07:54 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
So much for tolerance and compromise.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:03 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,386 times
I always am baffled at why liberals claim to be such open minded and tolerant people, but yet if you disagree with their political views you are somehow a bad person and have no place in society. It's not very tolerant or open minded at all in reality.

Too bad for Mr. Cuomo because he lives in America where we are allowed to have different opinions and live in any state we want. If he wants to be on the wrong side of the war on babies then that's his own sin, because me and my fellow pro lifers will one day win the war and save the most innocen llives of all, the babies.

EDIT: The source in the OP however does not actually have any account of Cuomo saying this, it's only in the headline. So I suggest taking this with a grain of salt at the moment until it's officially confirmed.

Last edited by FloridaPirate355; 01-19-2014 at 08:20 AM..

Old 01-19-2014, 08:04 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
"I have no tolerance for intolerance" seems to be the new slogan of many liberals. That many who spout that fail to understand the problem with that stance is troubling. Who defines what parameters define tolerant and intolerant on any given subject? This is just one example of it.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:06 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
more tolerance of different views from the left.
Governor Cuomo just proved the double standard that the left follows "our views are the only legit ones".

oh and one more thing. Cuomo is RICH and WHITE. I guess because he is a liberal makes
that ok.

Andrew Cuomo: Pro-Life People "Have No Place in the State of New York" | LifeNews.com
How odd that your cited link does not contain the actual quote except in the headline.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:08 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
"I have no tolerance for intolerance" seems to be the new slogan of many liberals. That many who spout that fail to understand the problem with that stance is troubling. Who defines what parameters define tolerant and intolerant on any given subject? This is just one example of it.
If this is what the governor said he's off base here. (Without a direct quote here-- It doesn't appear he said this at all and this whole thread is predicated on a lie.) There are certainly two valid viewpoints on abortion. I remain pro-choice, but, understand there is another side here.

When it comes to tolerance, however, there isn't another side to equality...

Racist views, don't deserve tolerance... Homophobic views don't deserve tolerance... I often see arch-conservatives complaining that their views aren't getting "tolerance" after they say something wildly racist or homophobic...

Old 01-19-2014, 08:10 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times
because liberals define anything regarding that is different from their own as racist. Same with homosexuals.
I wonder how many neighbors and co-workers rich white cuomo had to deal with. Usually the ones throwing the racist label
has the issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
If this is what the governor said he's off base here. There are certainly two valid viewpoints on abortion. I remain pro-choice, but, understand there is another side here.

Racist views, don't deserve tolerance... Homophobic views don't deserve tolerance... I often see arch-conservatives complaining that their views aren't getting "tolerance" after they say something wildly racist or homophobic...

Old 01-19-2014, 08:10 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
If this is what the governor said he's off base here. (Without a direct quote here-- It doesn't appear he said this at all and this whole thread is predicated on a lie.) There are certainly two valid viewpoints on abortion. I remain pro-choice, but, understand there is another side here.

So what you are saying is intolerance is fine so long as you agree with it.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:11 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Having no tolerance for intolerance... would be fine. Except that they define "intolerance" as "disagreeing with my politics".

Old 01-19-2014, 08:11 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
because liberals define anything regarding that is different from their own as racist. Same with homosexuals.
I wonder how many neighbors and co-workers rich white cuomo had to deal with. Usually the ones throwing the racist label
has the issues.

[/b]
No. Racist is racist. Liberals are no monolith...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies