Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 09:07 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So you think a celebrity being arrested because of drag racing and a DUI is not reporting the news.
Fair enough. I certainly think it's poor news reporting. When discussing a serious topic with a former representative, cutting her off midway through to report that a celebrity was arrested is news in poor fashion.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:13 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Fair enough. I certainly think it's poor news reporting. When discussing a serious topic with a former representative, cutting her off midway through to report that a celebrity was arrested is news in poor fashion.
Yes it is. But cable news is all tabloid these days. I don't blame the news; they're just doing what brings them ratings. We're far too celebrity obsessed and shallow these days. I remember a time when celeb stuff only got a mention at the end of a broadcast, and it had to amount to something other than a traffic bust to do it.

Is it possible that 24/7/365 may be too much news? I think it is. That's one reason I took out the cable and haven't regretted a minute of anything I didn't see since then. It's been 10 years now.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:55 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Bieber is doing what Mylie is doing which is to try to distance himself from the goodie two shoes world of tween rock. His career depends on him getting that bad boy reputation. He can't do that in Canada as no one would be watching. Let him stay.
Mylie is a piece of work but she's nowhere near the delinquent criminal Bieber is.

People go through tough times but this kid is the epitome of a spoiled Devil. He knows what he's doing is wrong and he frankly enjoys the attention and pissing people off.

Deport him.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:38 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I don't see why not. He isn't a lawful resident or citizen.

Justin Bieber: Arrested for DUI & Drag Racing in Miami Beach | Justin Bieber : Just Jared
Damned Canadians!

Old 01-24-2014, 04:48 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Bieber is going to get someone killed. Speeding in subdivisions with kids out. Driving while intoxicated. Drag racing down public streets. Deport him and let Canada take care of their mess.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:55 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I don't see why not. He isn't a lawful resident or citizen.

Justin Bieber: Arrested for DUI & Drag Racing in Miami Beach | Justin Bieber : Just Jared
I think Morning Joe got it right ... "Bieber is the new Orange".

Old 01-24-2014, 04:57 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
He's lucky he didn't get anyone killed.

I think 20 years old is a little young to be burned out, eh Justin?

Two words...Dana Plato. Two more words...River Phoenix.

Or, four words: The Twenty Seven Club

He'd get my vote as one of its likely next members.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Mylie is a piece of work but she's nowhere near the delinquent criminal Bieber is.

People go through tough times but this kid is the epitome of a spoiled Devil. He knows what he's doing is wrong and he frankly enjoys the attention and pissing people off.

Deport him.
Has MSNBC done something similar for miley? I wonder if she would be the breaking news next time.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Bieber is going to get someone killed. Speeding in subdivisions with kids out. Driving while intoxicated. Drag racing down public streets. Deport him and let Canada take care of their mess.
Is speculation news these days? If bieber actually killed someone' that's newsworthy. But you think this is newsworthy enough to interrupt a congresswoman midway through an important discussion?

Old 01-24-2014, 05:16 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Make all the jokes you want, I feel sorry for his parents, he is a human being and all those who are mocking him, you should be ashamed of yourselves, as grown adults...it is a shame, when he first started out, he was an amazing kid, everyone loved him and his voice, and it hurts, or should hurt, to see another human being child, and yes, he is still a child, going thru this, why? It's not just Bieber, it's kids all over the world, and one of them could be yours, so make all the jokes you want, however, it shows your mentality and inability to feel compassion for everyone involved here, this is sad, very sad.

Some of you people on this forum are no better then JB, if you can sit there and type all those horrible jokes about him, including those on late night TV....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies