Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 02:40 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Except that, following the Republican playbook, renters will get shortchanged in the tax cuts.
Why is EVERYTHING tied to rent in your world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 02:44 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Sort of apropos, the NY Times recently did a piece looking at the recent divergent paths of Wisconsin and Minnesota. The "twin cities" of Duluth, MN and Superior, WI have taken on some glaring differences since Wisconsin's turn right and Minnesota's continuance down the path of their traditionally scandinavian styled liberalism.

Twinned Cities Now Following Different Paths - NY Times

Really worth taking a few minutes to read.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:44 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
I sure hope they hide that money from Democrats, we know what happens when they get their hands on anything.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:46 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
There is nothing about Wisconsin that resembles the rest of the nation. In fact, as Wisconsin goes, so NOT goes the nation. We can always count on the cities of that state to pick the right President, keeping the state blue. This is the good part. Walker is a joke. He was kicked out of Marquette University for cheating. You can bet that anything positive that one can say about Wisconsin is NOT attributed to Walker's policies. Something might look good on paper, but you bet that inequality is at an all-time high, and the Conservative yahoos out in the sticks of that state are fat, dumb, and happy. This is not good.

With Walker, what you see is NOT what you get. Serious presidential candidate? Not a chance in hell. Going from the great President Obama to simpleton Scott Walker would be like going from Jesus to George Zimmerman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
HAHAHAHAHAAH!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!HAAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!

How open minded and progressive of you to call people fat and dumb that you have no clue about.

Pathetic Lexus.
Actually, Lexus posted a literate honest opinion and gave examples of why. Out of the two posts, I would think the latter is the pathetic one.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:54 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
that isnt a madison paper. its a twin city right wing paper if you would do your research.

2 major papers in the TC, star tribune(left) pioneer press (right). this is a pioneer press article written by a conservative white male, of course it will portray walker favorably.

give me independent non partisan facts riko, then we can talk.
So you want a souRce written by a black liberal? Are you saying there is no $987 million surplus and a $200 million rainy day fund and the rest going back to the taxpayer?

Old 01-24-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Of course I uunderstand that when property taxes go up, landlords pass that increase on to their tenants.

Did you know that when property taxes go DOWN, landlords generally pocket the reduction and laugh all the way to the bank?

That is why Walker's proposal will rip off renters.

And if jobs are created, that is great for the small number of people who become newly employed and bad for all the already-employed renters who can expect another rent increase.
Employed tenants will get an income tax decrease. Rents will go up much less than if there was no property tax decrease. Are you sour grapes about Walkers successes?

Old 01-24-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Heck, I just may vote for Christie. Anyone republican who doesn't bow down to the tea party is ok in my book because that means they are a moderate. I'm tired of all the whimpy republicans catering to the tea party like Romney. Christie may be a bully and a bad ass but he stands his ground. I like him because he cares about this country without all the social issues that conservatives want to make as their platform.
You might just as well vote for Hillary.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Turning the bus around on flat tires doesn't count for much.
Dropping 33% in job growth in 5 years is no indicator of a healthy Wisconsin recovery.
Gee I would like to see the US with a budget surplus, rainy day fund and a tax cut. You sure would be crowing about how great Obama was if that had occurred!

Old 01-24-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
There is nothing about Wisconsin that resembles the rest of the nation. In fact, as Wisconsin goes, so NOT goes the nation. We can always count on the cities of that state to pick the right President, keeping the state blue. This is the good part. Walker is a joke. He was kicked out of Marquette University for cheating. You can bet that anything positive that one can say about Wisconsin is NOT attributed to Walker's policies. Something might look good on paper, but you bet that inequality is at an all-time high, and the Conservative yahoos out in the sticks of that state are fat, dumb, and happy. This is not good.

With Walker, what you see is NOT what you get. Serious presidential candidate? Not a chance in hell. Going from the great President Obama to simpleton Scott Walker would be like going from Jesus to George Zimmerman.
Haha Where is Obama's surplus? Obama can't shine Walker's shoes. You left wing wackos tried to unseat Walker twice and got your butts kicked. Now his policies are a success and you are sore losers.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually my point is that for a blue state, his numbers are pretty good-especially considering the amount of controversy thats occurred there.

And I dont want him running for president, I can't see him winning a general election, and I want to see Republicans run someone who has a chance.
LIke a Romney, or McCain, or Dole. NO MORE RHINOs. Conservatives will stay home and you can have Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies