Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 01:40 PM

63,042 posts, read 29,243,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
moving the discusion from students to illegal aliens recieving welfare?
Our taxes going to educate kids of illegal aliens is a form of welfare and that's only the tip of the iceberg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 01:44 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,955,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Our taxes going to educate kids of illegal aliens is a form of welfare and that's only the tip of the iceberg.
It is also a form of tax as the supreme court stated...to have an educated populace, is for the benficiary of all society.

You see it as welfare, the supreme court see it as a benefit for society.

29,094 posts, read 26,047,162 times
Quote:
Like it or not English is our national de facto language.
Harrier does not think that you are using the term correctly.

It is true that de jure English is not the national language.

We don't have a national language, de facto or otherwise.

It seems that you have a problem with this dual language program.

Why?

5,563 posts, read 4,269,460 times
Quote:
Still persisting in your ugly assumption that all students learning English are illegals, I see.

I never knew the green card to be so powerful, rendering its holder instantly fluent in English. Remarkable.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If you dont know, the Supreme court case that has decided that all children should have a free public education regardless of their immigration status, then I suggest you do a search.

Dont try to move the goal posts off the chirldren's education to your typical illegal aliens rants...try to stay on topic this time of the students and their education.
Deflecting now? Why didn't you answer my question? I am well aware of the SC's decision on this issue. These Spanish only speaking kids in our schools are most likely to be kids of illegal aliens and you know it so yes I am on topic. Now are you going to answer my question of you joining law abiding Americans in this fight to rid ourselves of illegal aliens? Of course you won't because your defense of illegal aliens has always be clear in here. Why is that? Objecting to illegal immigration is a "rant" now? It's about our laws, for God's sake!

Old 01-24-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
And you said this wasn't going to be controversial.
It shouldn't be controversial.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the dual language program.

You will note that until someone mentioned illegal immigration it was quite a civil discussion, except for the ugly race baiting in post #11.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:47 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,269,460 times
Quote:
Deflecting now? Why didn't you answer my question? I am well aware of the SC's decision on this issue. These Spanish only speaking kids in our schools are most likely to be kids of illegal aliens and you know it so yes I am on topic. Now are you going to answer my question of you joining law abiding Americans in this fight to rid ourselves of illegal aliens? Of course you won't because your defense of illegal aliens has always be clear in here. Why is that? Objecting to illegal immigration is a "rant" now? It's about our laws, for God's sake!
Ooo look, another "most likely" citation as proof that Spanish speaking children are definitely illegal!

This is a form of proof I'd never heard of before, and here it is, twice on one thread. You learn something new every day here on CD.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Educators agree, and have for decades, that learning foreign languages is critical for many reasons, not least of which is it enhances the thinking power of the brain.

Plus, I wish to God I'd been able to learn Spanish so I was fluent in it, because then my career opportunities would be off the charts.

You don't really get out much, do you?
Learning a foreign language should be a choice not because we should pander to those who are here illegally and/or those who refuse to assimilate to English. I disagree, anything one learns stimulates the brain but one should choose to learn something that will be useful to them in their careers. Right, thanks for pointing it out that native English speakers are being discriminated against in hiring practices to placate the group above and you're ok with that?

Old 01-24-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Learning a foreign language should be a choice not because we should pander to those who are here illegally and/or those who refuse to assimilate to English.
The program is completely voluntary.

Harrier isn't certain how much choice the kids have, but it isn't like the parents are being forced into the program.

If they want their children to learn only English, then they are able to do so.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Ooo look, another "most likely" citation as proof that Spanish speaking children are definitely illegal!

This is a form of proof I'd never heard of before, and here it is, twice on one thread. You learn something new every day here on CD.
You must be kidding if you aren't aware that most mono-lingual Spanish speaking kids is either a kid of an illegal or an anchor of theirs. I can't wait to hear your explanation for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies