Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 06:48 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
in conclusion, you have no idea what an opinion poll is, so there for when some post a poll that says 51% of people "believe" that the earth is flat, you will have no choice but the agree with that 51%.
You're the only nincompoop suggesting the majority in a survey is always right or the minority is wrong to disagree.

The point is the FOX survey is consistent with other polls, CNN, AP, Gallup among them, showing Ocare is not looked upon favorably.

Against all odds, the optimists and Obama true-believers might be right and Ocare will work as expected, leaving the country with 30 million uninsured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 07:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr89 View Post
Did you even read the article on kevin md? If you did, you would realize that's its not really an issue that medicaid use the ER just for kicks and giggles. Its the fact they are open 24 hours a day and much of their care (lab work, xrays and so forth) are easily coordinated and it makes it convenient. Were as their other option is going to a lab, then imaging and finding a doctor open after 5pm during the week.

If we had more clinics and urgent care centers open after hours and on the weekends, I would suspect that medicaid visits to the er would drop
I didnt criticize them using it, I stated they do..

But i wonder why everyone else manages to make it to the doctors, but medicaid patients dont..

Old 01-27-2014, 07:28 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Didn't take long for the most brain-washed to show up and scream "FOX NEWS!"

This Gallup Poll shows:

48% believe Obamacare is harmful in the long run.
12% believe Obamacare will make no difference.
35% believe Obamacare will improve things.

Americans Still Say Health Law More Harmful Than Helpful

Color me stunned....

Mircea
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
in conclusion, you have no idea what an opinion poll is, so there for when some post a poll that says 51% of people "believe" that the earth is flat, you will have no choice but the agree with that 51%.
I know exactly what an opinion poll is.

I used to write them. It's a requirement for a BA/MA in Political Science at many universities.

The simple fact of the matter is you got burned attacking the messenger instead of the message; there are numerous messages; the message is the same regardless of the messenger; and now you're screaming, "Flat Earth!" trying to move the goal-posts so you don't look like a fool on the world wide web in front of 6 Billion people.

Not amused....

Mircea

Old 01-27-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Or once again, you dont know what you are talking about..

Gees, I wonder what it could be..

Everyone knows ACA added millions to the Medicaid rolls.. (well ok, everyone but YOU)
And everyone knows Mediciad recipiants use the emergency room for primary care (ok, once again, everyone but YOU)

Why Medicaid patients use the emergency department for primary care

I guess this means YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT... Again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Ah, this is just temporary until poor people (and young singles) learn that they should find a "family doctor" to use for things like colds, etc. It will take time but eventually most of these folks will learn the ropes because who wants to sit in an ER for 4-6 or more hours instead of seeing your doctor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Still pulling "data" out of your behind, eh. You're no earning your keep.
Quote:
Medicaid in Oregon???
You just got burned on the internet.

Your lack of knowledge is not even impressive regarding the fact that the Obama Administration was aware of that study -- and others showing the same thing -- yet pressed forward with Obamacare anyway.

Had you bothered to study the comments made by level-headed people knowledgeable in the healthcare field and not beholden to special interest groups peddling something for nothing, the lack of doctors -- meaning a shortage of doctors ---- would be exacerbated by Obamacare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're the only nincompoop suggesting the majority in a survey is always right or the minority is wrong to disagree.

The point is the FOX survey is consistent with other polls, CNN, AP, Gallup among them, showing Ocare is not looked upon favorably.

Against all odds, the optimists and Obama true-believers might be right and Ocare will work as expected, leaving the country with 30 million uninsured.
Ah, sorry I included you with the brain-washed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
FOX NEWS ! Come on people. They are like the National Enquirer. Nothing they say is even close to the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Another shoot the messenger post from a DNC drone who has nothing substantive to add. Sigh.

What did you expect?

They're frightened. It's falling apart.

If you click on the link to the Gallup page I had earlier, there are two other polls and some articles related to Obama's "Legacy."

The Legacy of his presidency hinges on the success or failure of Obamcare, and it is a total failure.

That's why he's violating the Constitution and using Executive Orders to delay implementation.

Just wait until later this year.....that's when the real shocker comes...because it ain't gonna be 9.5% of Wages, it will be 9.5% of Modified Adjusted Gross Household Income.

"Alimony payments received from your spouse or former spouse are taxable to you in the year you receive them."

That's Unearned Income not exempted under MAGI for Obamacare. All those women getting alimony are going to be screaming bloody murder.

All those kids 26 and under who work, but live at home and are included on their parents' policy....their income now gets included as part of the household MAGI.

See if Obama doesn't try to delay implementation of that for a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I didnt criticize them using it, I stated they o..

But i wonder why everyone else manages to make it to the doctors, but medicaid patients dont..
There aren't enough doctors for one. If they should get a doctor, they don't feel like waiting 6 weeks for an appointment.

There are many doctors that no longer deal with Medicaid.

There are credit reporting agencies that specialize in medical debts. Medicaid patients are known to refuse to pay the $10 co-pay.....you know, 'cause, gotta have lotto tickets.....gotta play dem numbers....gotta have that 40 ounce.

Also, many of the doctors that do accept Medicaid are located in suburban areas. They are not on bus-lines, so it's either pay a cab...or go to the ER.

And then if you remember, one of the arguments against Obamacare was that it would create a shortage of doctors. It does that in two ways, first by increasing the number of people covered, and then because a large chunk of doctors are Silent/Boomer Generation who are close to retirement and not accepting new patients.

Several studies showed about 37% of doctors are Boomers. As they retire, you will lose permanently lose at least 20%-25% of your doctors and never replace them. That's going to cause a lot of problems.

The only way to possibly resolve that is real insurance, or the Free Market.

Demographically...

Mircea

Old 01-27-2014, 09:21 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Another shoot the messenger post from a DNC drone who has nothing substantive to add. Sigh.
Neither Fox nor you are "messengers" of anything. Fox is the propaganda arm of the fascist right-wing Republican Party, and you seem to be on the payroll - not the only one around here of course. Your goal seems to be convincing Americans to embrace corporate fascism. Have you considered the fact that most people don't believe you, and you are not making a difference at all? Time and money wasted - but go ahead.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:28 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Neither Fox nor you are "messengers" of anything. Fox is the propaganda arm of the fascist right-wing Republican Party, and you seem to be on the payroll - not the only one around here of course. Your goal seems to be convincing Americans to embrace corporate fascism. Have you considered the fact that most people don't believe you, and you are not making a difference at all? Time and money wasted - but go ahead.
This is rich coming from an OFA/DNC hack. Whatever you're getting paid for your propaganda is way too much.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
You are right, the lobbyists of the AHA, big pharma, health insurance industries and medical device industry are bending us over and going in dry and have been doing so for years.
Well, with respect to pharmaceuticals and medical devices, I'm not really seeing that.

Certain medical devices, sure, that's being abused. Those $6,000 motorized tricycles that Medicare and Medicaid buy are one thing that comes to mind.

Pharmaceuticals are something few people understand the economic and financial aspects. Research is not "free." They spend $Billions researching and developing a single drug. Someone has to pay for that research, and there has to be money to fund future and on-going research, and that's what profits do, evil as they may be.

Quote:
The only way we can do lower prices is to stop money flowing to our representatives and senators, and actually have them work for us to help us lower prices.
That's a schizophrenic hallucination.

Your Congress will never --- with never meaning "at no time ever" --- enact any meaningful campaign finance reform.

Your several State legislatures will never --- with never meaning "at no time ever" --- enact any meaningful campaign finance reform.

If you want meaningful campaign finance reform, then "You the People" must do that, because your elected officials never will.

I will win a Grammy, a Tony, an Emmy, an Oscar, a Golden Globe and a Nobel Prize in Chemistry in the same year before any of your elected officials ever enact any meaningful campaign finance reforms.

Quote:
Every other country around the world has lower prices because their government officials work for the general public, by allowing the government to negotiate lower prices, from pharmaceuticals, medical devices and the costs of procedures done at hospitals.
No, that is not what happens.

You bought into a lot of propaganda and disinformation from the Left-Wing.

Medical Devices: governments approve medical devices. That's a very lengthy process; not all medical devices get approval; the governments only pay for those that are approved; and we're talking a few pennies difference in pricing....if the government buys in bulk. Read the contracts.

Pharmaceuticals: Generics only.....again, the governments have agencies that approve the use of pharmaceuticals; the governments do purchase in bulk for discounts....however those are Generics only. A British woman whose name escapes me was a Member of Parliament. She had macular degeneration. There are no generic drugs available. The British NHS refused to approve the drug for its formulary due to the cost.... they finally did approve it years later, but by that time, she had lost most of the sight in one eye by that time and the other eye was damaged as well.

And what's this....

In order not to trigger penalty payments, the KBV devised an Emergency Programme which would, in effect, ration drug prescribing for the rest of the year.

The Emergency Programme proposed five steps:
1. Waiting lists for prescription drugs and other prescription treatments (Heilmittel, which include physiotherapy, acupuncture etc.) except in life threatening or medically essential circumstances
2. Postponement of innovative therapy to the following budget year
3. Radical switching of prescriptions from brand to the cheapest generic
4. Prior authorisation of expensive therapies
5. In the event of budget being exceeded, ‘emergency prescriptions’ to be issued temporarily, for which patients would have to pay out-of pocket and personally claim reimbursement (in Germany, unlike France, patients pay only user charges out of pocket)

Source: Why Ration Healthcare? Page 86

How do you think rationing prescription drugs ---- like Germany does here --- would go over in the US?

How exactly do you sell that to Americans?

"You're paying through the eyeballs in taxes for your wonderful one-size-fits-all universal healthcare system, but, 'Houston...we have a problem...' and unless you're dying you don't get no drugs...or soup."

I keep waiting for someone to explain why if these other healthcare systems are so damn good, why in the hell do they have to ration prescription drugs in the first place?

Quote:
The government does this either through publicly funded health insurance with a privately ran health system. Or with privately ran health insurance companies with publicly controlled health system.
No, that's not how it works. See if you can translate this into English....

"In the past 20 years, our overriding philosophy has been that the health system cannot spend more than its income." -- Franz Knieps German Minister of Health (2009)

Virtual budgets are also set up at the regional levels; these ensure that all participants in the system—including the health insurance funds and providers— know from the beginning of the year onward how much money can be spent. -- Franz Knieps German Minister of Health (2009)

Spending less does not equal costing less.

Your monthly credit card bill is $100. It costs $100. You can surely spend less, like only $80, but the fact that you spend $80 does not mean it costs less. And if course, not paying the costs results in negative consequences, such as late fees, or have reduced credit limit or having services suspended.

How much does healthcare really cost in the US?

Because you don't have Free Market healthcare, you don't know, and never will.

Generically...

Mircea

Old 01-27-2014, 11:12 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It really doesn't matter what Americans think NOW…years after the bill passed.
They were all for it then and that's what counted.
Wrong. There has NEVER been a time when the majority of the public supported this monstrosity.

Never.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:42 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
in future years, people will love it.
Don't be too sure about that.

My girlfriend and I are paying as much for our insurance (NOT including her adult kids) as we are for rent on a 4 bedroom house in an upscale neighborhood. We already know that the insurance companies will need (and get) a bailout because of this disaster, so premiums won't be getting any lower.

Explain to me how I could POSSIBLY like, much less "love" this law. It threw the plans we had for our health care out the window, mandated a bunch of stuff that we don't want and can't use, and it's driven costs through the roof.

Yeah, explain to me why I love this law. Go for it. I dare you.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:29 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Poll: 63% Don't Have Confidence in Obama to Make Right Decisions | Truth Revolt

Ouch! From an arm of the Obummer Media Group as well.. Although, I'm not sure why it's shocking. The guy can't put his shoes in the right feet without Secret Service help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies