Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 06:29 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times

Advertisements

I guess income inequality has supplanted global warming/climate change or Obamacare.

Just another future failed policy in the works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 06:30 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,018,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Umm... because the liberals all know he didn't mean any of it?

They knew that all he's actually going to do, is keep doing what he's done for the first five years: Take money from the high earners and transfer it to the low earners, make laws ordering people to have equal outcomes, put cronies in charge of more and more departments, and give bailouts to businesses his policis ruin, if he feels they are worth saving.

That's why this speech, describing all these new directions we can work on, is ignored by the press: They know he won't actually do any of it. It's all just talk.
It may be all talk, but what he said was right on the money.

And seriously, do you aging baby boomer small business to managerial professional types ever get tired of posting all your drivel online time after time? I mean it's literally the same mantra over and over again. From the same tired canards about personal initiative or personal responsibility and whatnot.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:40 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,960,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
It may be all talk, but what he said was right on the money.

And seriously, do you aging baby boomer small business to managerial professional types ever get tired of posting all your drivel online time after time? I mean it's literally the same mantra over and over again. From the same tired canards about personal initiative or personal responsibility and whatnot.
LOL, pitiful.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:41 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Im especially fond of the whole "OMG he wants everyone to make the same" and "I love inequality its the engine that makes capitalism work"

Sigh.

1. no one posting here has said they want everyone to make the same that I have ever seen-OTHER then conservatives saying people do.
2. Extreme inequality is bad for democracys.
3. Inequality is awesome.....just as water is. Unless you start drowning in it.
4. Plutocracy. Apparently conservatives LOVE the idea. YAY! right? not so much.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Im especially fond of the whole "OMG he wants everyone to make the same" and "I love inequality its the engine that makes capitalism work"

Sigh.

1. no one posting here has said they want everyone to make the same that I have ever seen-OTHER then conservatives saying people do.
Agreed. Exactly on point, greywar.

I don't understand how these cons cannot comprehend that no one is calling for total uniformity.

I think what conservatives describe as their ideal society, and this is just what it sounds like to me, even though it makes no sense, is an equal opportunity aristocracy.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
LOL, pitiful.
Trace, you know it's true. I can just picture the Dave Ramsey voice and everything.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:54 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:

Sigh.

We live in a Republic.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
We live in a Republic.
What does have to do with income inequality?

Old 01-24-2014, 07:05 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
We live in a Republic.
LOL

Plutocracy isnt good for a republic either T-310.

Or do you disagree? Do you think that a Republic ran by a plutocracy is what you want us to be?

Old 01-24-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
LOL

Plutocracy isnt good for a republic either T-310.

Or do you disagree? Do you think that a Republic ran by a plutocracy is what you want us to be?
They don't care about income inequality or any disparity for that matter. I am just glad they're being more open and honest and dropping this idiotic populist facade of the Bush era.

I hope the Republicans just openly admit their hostility toward any notion of income inequality and start talking about how Americans have TVs and I-phones so they don't need rising wages and healthcare or free education like they do in other developed nations. All they need is some 'gumption'.

They sound like con men motivational speakers more than people who are well versed in political economy.

Just let them keep admitting their hatred for the working class and let them expose themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies