Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 04:18 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times

Advertisements

Because the GOP needs a target.

Hillary won't run, but she's might happy to be the target while the person who will run, and win, while using all the time the GOP will waste trying to whack her.

Conservatives love to play Whack-A-Mole, but they're never any good at it. Prepare for another big surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 04:23 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,467,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
What about Hillary's ideology do you agree with?
She`s not into fascism so much as the other party. Also she`s tough, smart and experienced.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:34 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,940,441 times
The American people have figured out that "the right" are not "consevatives" they in fact are regressives. Not wanting to maintain the gains of the past, but to repeal those gains to go back to a time long gone.

Progressives move the Nation forward, Conservatives hold the line, Regressives want to return to a time long gone.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:52 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,526,006 times
I will vote for Hillary because she is smart, pragmatic, has extensive foreign affairs experience (I know, I'm willingly opening up the door for Bengazhi ranting), has been able to get cooperation from both sides of the aisle, and represents the democratic party (which is significantly more in line with my values than the so called republician party). Perhaps if the republican party would shift at least to the center on social issues and be willig to negotiate fiscal spending as was the party of the 1960s, they would be seen as credible. Instead, the party continues to let the extreme social conservative and tea party elements dictate the message of the party. Had John Huntsman been a frontrunner last term I may have considered him but the usual list of fools, e.g., rick santorum, mike huckabee, rick perry, etc., folks in the center cannot take seriously. So yeah, Hillary for 2016! No one else in the Democratic party has her experience and record to run on.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:30 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I will vote for Hillary because she is smart, pragmatic, has extensive foreign affairs experience (I know, I'm willingly opening up the door for Bengazhi ranting), has been able to get cooperation from both sides of the aisle, and represents the democratic party (which is significantly more in line with my values than the so called republician party). Perhaps if the republican party would shift at least to the center on social issues and be willig to negotiate fiscal spending as was the party of the 1960s, they would be seen as credible. Instead, the party continues to let the extreme social conservative and tea party elements dictate the message of the party. Had John Huntsman been a frontrunner last term I may have considered him but the usual list of fools, e.g., rick santorum, mike huckabee, rick perry, etc., folks in the center cannot take seriously. So yeah, Hillary for 2016! No one else in the Democratic party has her experience and record to run on.
Just curious, since you're in Maryland too.

Are you going to continue to perpetuate one party rule in Maryland? I'm so thankful to people like you for 40 tax hikes since O'Malley was elected.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:41 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,457,055 times
People disregard the likely possibility Hillary won't run at all.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:41 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,526,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Just curious, since you're in Maryland too.

Are you going to continue to perpetuate one party rule in Maryland? I'm so thankful to people like you for 40 tax hikes since O'Malley was elected.
No. I would welcome a third party if it represented my views. O'Malley is my worst nightmare. If he ever gets the democratic nomination I will be seeking a viable 3rd party or independent to cast my vote for. Maryland politics are inherently corrupt.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:44 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,457,055 times
People ignore the likely possibility that at the end, Hillary won't run at all.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:46 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,940,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
People disregard the likely possibility Hillary won't run at all.
Likely possiblility is a stretch. There is always a possiblility.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:22 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,310 times
She couldn't handle secretary of state, what would make anyone think she could handle potus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies