Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 09:34 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Romney had a lot to offer. You just couldn't see it for all the leftie propaganda. Think of it this way. How can a broke country offer help to the poor? If this country was in better financial health it is better for "everyone". Obama made it much worse. I'd rather someone who knows finances and how to run a company than someone who doesn't have a clue. And instead of focusing on jobs Obama focused on attacking people who could be hiring.
He had no plan (at least one he stood behind. He may have had thoughts, but he never shared them with voters). He didn't suggest deep cuts in the military. He didn't take a stand on abortion (although I suspect he is quite liberal on that). In close circles he expressed disgust and mistrust of the 47% "freeloaders". Well, if you alienate 47% of voters, your chances of winning are almost zero. Personally I didn't care, but people noticed his Caiman Islands registered companies.
I hope the next republican candidate will do a better job appealing to voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 09:36 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,586 times
I voted for him both times. I'm still good with it. Except the drones.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:37 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
What I do know is that lawyers on the side of large corps can challenge the FTC and put a lot on hold. The corp then continues to make it's money, have it's advertising, etc. until it's brought up later. Where as small companies cannot so they end up on the losing end.

As far as review, I know it has to go through a lot of agencies before it gets a review from the FTC. COMS meets yearly to review, then there is the agencies from Mexico and Canada. It's a lot to get through. With a lot accidentally missed.

Reopening NAFTA would really be hard at this point. It's decades of talks and promises, and if we wanted to change things, so would Mexico and Canada and the flood gates would be opened. We are global now, and it's a fast moving train that is almost impossible to regulate fully or stop at all for that matter. I'm no expert though, but I know enough to be concerned and aware.

I'm not exactly sure if I addressed your question but hopefully and if not feel free to share. If you can link any threads or talks that would be great.
If it does not work for the USA why not? I will research more with a report.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:19 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbear5599 View Post
I was in my mid 20's and got caught up in the Bush hate. But also the propaganda about voting for Obama being some kind of message to the rest of the world that we had learned our lesson. Another layer of it was cultural supremacy. I was dooped by the National Media into thinking the Republican party was racist and electing Obama would somehow reflect on the USA being some kind of forward thinking society. Lastly I fell for his never ending promises.

6 years later, I am ashamed
If I were you, I too would be shamed. A person is supposed to get wiser as they age, not regress. Trolling in this manner is not going to help your party regain join us in modern times.

The Republicans have been historically pathetic, after setting a new low under president Bush. If this is how you feel after 6 years, then you were never a true supporter of Obama, never more enlightened than those who cling to the pathetic ideology supported by Conservatives, and likely not who your say you are here. Just a troll.

President Obama has been an exceptional President and don't your forget it either.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:45 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I think he's done better than McCain would have done, but the surveillance scandal and the Healthcare.gov fiasco are US government at its worst and there are simply no excuses at all for being a greedy power-hungry pig. His nationalized healthcare is a step in the right direction but still not good enough. I give him a D+, though the anarchist crowd in Congress who decided their job would not be to govern but rather to make Obama's life hard all deserve Fs.
The question with McCain is whether he would have surrounded himself with better advisors. I don't know but he's never run anything either.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:27 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
If I were you, I too would be shamed. A person is supposed to get wiser as they age, not regress. Trolling in this manner is not going to help your party regain join us in modern times.

The Republicans have been historically pathetic, after setting a new low under president Bush. If this is how you feel after 6 years, then you were never a true supporter of Obama, never more enlightened than those who cling to the pathetic ideology supported by Conservatives, and likely not who your say you are here. Just a troll.

President Obama has been an exceptional President and don't your forget it either.

Spoken as a true, blind partisan who is more concerned with party loyalty than the well being of the nation. Let us review, and ask, "Why would any sane person still support this man"? Well, of course, no sane person would.

1. 50 million on foodstamps

2. record numbers of citizens unemployed

3. incomes down

4. poverty up

5. personal savings down (except for those in the top 5%)

6. $17 trillion in debt

7. annual deficits of $1 trillion

8. the disaster of Obamacare

9. Benghazi

10. NSA and use of drones to spy on US citizens

11. using the IRS to punish political opponants

12. Fast and Furious

13. war on coal

14. opposition to expansion of domestic energy exploration

15. expansion of the powers of the EPA

16. cities teetering on bankruptcy

17. Waffling foreign policy with no clear cut goals

18. Muslim brotherhood members invited to the White House

Only a fool (or a blind partisan who cares more about ONE MAN than the prosperity of the nation) would support such a POTUS with Obama's track record.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:37 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
who else voted for Obama in 2008 but has since realized their mistake?

Me.
After the Bush disaster years, I got caught up in the Obama enthusiasm.
I am politically independent and think both parties are just as corrupt, bought off by special interests, and put party interests before the needs of the American people.

I thought Obama would be different, and McCain self-imploded with Sarah Palin and, "bomb, bomb, bomb Iran." I thought Obama would quickly get us out of Afghanistan and Iraq. And thought he would help racial relations in America. After his first year, I realized what a disappointment he was and how he was just another political opportunist, not a leader. After he picked his economic cabinet, and put the exact same foxes watching the henhouse, the same Goldman Saks group that got us into our economic mess, I knew we were in for more economic disaster. Then he crammed Obamacare down our throats, even though polls showed we didn't want it.....

I am totally disgusted by him and the MSM that sold him to us in such a manipulative way.. After Bush, he is the worst president of my generation (boomer).

I am probably not even going to vote in the next Presidential election - I have become that cynical.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:47 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
I voted for him in 2008.

And not pleased with how quickly the scourge in Washington sucked him into the muck. I am quite surprised by that, but it points to how ugly, filthy that entire mess is in DC.

One of biggest examples is how quickly his "if you work for the federal gubment in an important role you will not quit here and go sell your influence to the highest private bidder for a period six or twelve months". That faded into the 'that's not the way Washington works' rhetporic pretty quickly.

Just disappointing that a man of good stature could not change the death spiral. In fact, it is probably worse now than when he took office.

And before the Re[publicans start crowing with 'we told you so', don't forget we had W before him (was America's stature ever any lower?) , and in spite of all of their protecting their insurance friends, we're still waiting for the first iteration of a health care plan from the Right Wing.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:50 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post

Exceptionally bad!

Old 02-03-2014, 07:00 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Hardly a week goes by that Obama doesn`t do something to **** me off but electing him holds off fascism for at least another 8 years. If Romney was president it`s pretty likely we would be losing a war in Iran and losing aircraft over North Korea. He`s some sort of Christian so it`s likely that we would be dropping bombs on some poor dark skinned people somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies