Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do sexual criminals deserve to be killed?
No, I wouldn't go quite that far 42 52.50%
Yes, absolutely 38 47.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 11:33 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Castration would be my first choice, but I doubt the liberals would ever allow such "cruel and unusual punishment" (not to turn this into a political debate, just giving an opinion). There would also have to be a high standard of proof and it would depend on the circumstances. It couldn't simply be a young woman saying she went to a party where young men were present and they all got inebriated and she woke up the next morning naked. (not to deter the thread, but that doesn't count as rape in my book).
castration does nothing... they would use something else... chemical castration also has to be monitored costantly so it wont work if the person stops taking medication.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:41 AM

2,096 posts, read 4,776,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
castration does nothing... they would use something else... chemical castration also has to be monitored costantly so it wont work if the person stops taking medication.
I would be OK with physical castration. Done of course, under GA the same way any surgery is. I don't think it's quite the same as cutting off someone's tongue. It doesn't disable somebody, aside from making them unable to reproduce. They should probably have the option of doing a prison sentence instead though.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:42 AM

3 posts, read 2,491 times
Ive been the drunk girl that semi-wakes to someone helping himself, many years ago. I quit drinking. I am now a mother living in a small community where a rapist/meth dealers lives who just got out of jail.

I believe jail to be the only option however solitary confinement within prison would be ideal. Perhaps some medication to dull the evil fantasy brain that lurks within.

They find people like themselves both outside and in jail. They talk and scheme and devise plans for their release. They lead others into their path. Something certainly needs to be done.

Its their brain not their genitalia that is the real issue. Killing them would make us murderers.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:00 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Its a good thing Im not in power Id have their heads, only way to solve especially child abuse..

Old 02-01-2014, 12:11 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Castration and life in prison would strike me as a minimum punishment for those convicted of such an offense.. Although if it were one of my kids being the recipient of the rapist/pedophile my emotions on the subject would then probably change to mandatory death penalty and i'll pull the switch..
This is how I feel as well. If it were my kid forget it. There's a good chance I would end up on death row for murder.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:17 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,862 times
No the death penalty but they need to be placed in an institution for life.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:28 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Hard core rapists who abuse for pleasure must be persecuted and killed. Those who commit minor sex offenses by accident should be given a lighter punishment. I dont want to die or be castrated because women think I am creepy but force me into sex and file a rape case upon me with the intent of making my life miserable. Like I said, I am too poor to afford a lawyer. So everything is left to the mercy of the judges verdict.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 02-01-2014 at 12:42 PM..

Old 02-01-2014, 12:28 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
One thing is certain. The death penalty prevents them from re-offending.

My opinion is that the death penalty is more humane than locking someone up for life in a small box with a bunch of socially wacko persons that dislike him to a considerable degree.

People who can not walk around free in society without severely damaging other people, should not be allowed to wander around loose.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:40 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
No!

Rapists can be reformed these are people with morals these people need help to overcome their sexual urges. The rapists that show no remorse or are proud if what they've done are beyond help but some have sexual urges / problems that need to be addressed by professionals of course however they should still be punished.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:56 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
One thing is certain. The death penalty prevents them from re-offending.

My opinion is that the death penalty is more humane than locking someone up for life in a small box with a bunch of socially wacko persons that dislike him to a considerable degree.

People who can not walk around free in society without severely damaging other people, should not be allowed to wander around loose.
Yes, good point. But the death penalty also puts them out of their misery. Do rapists and pedophiles deserve that freedom while their victims have to continue living with the pain that comes from being raped and/or sexually abused? In other words, do they deserve the more humane death penalty as an alternative to spending life in the slammer with other wackos?

I'm more in favor of a holistic approach of rehabilitation, castration, incarceration (or institutionalized or put in housing away from the rest of population), and hard manual labor that will make them wish they never did what they did. They need to pay for what they did, and I don't believe that their loss of life is payment enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies