Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 10:53 AM

15,650 posts, read 10,405,925 times

Advertisements

This story outlines exactly why we didn't buy our health insurance on the Obamacare exchange. I could have purchased a less expensive health insurance plan on the exchange.

The Ocare exchange said our doctors were accepting the insurance they were offering. When I checked with our doctors, their office said they were not; that information on the website was not true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 11:10 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,233,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
LA Times finds insureds having trouble finding in-network docs under Obamacare:

Aliso Viejo resident Danielle Nelson said Anthem Blue Cross promised half a dozen times that her oncologists would be covered under her new policy. She was diagnosed last year with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and discovered a suspicious lump near her jaw in early January.
But when she went to her oncologist's office, she promptly encountered a bright orange sign saying that Covered California plans are not accepted.

"I'm a complete fan of the Affordable Care Act, but now I can't sleep at night," Nelson said. "I can't imagine this is how President Obama wanted it to happen."

Obamacare enrollees hit snags at doctor's offices - latimes.com
She can't?

Old 02-05-2014, 11:11 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,469,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
You have to be joking...right? I mean just what does health insurance mean to people? I means access to hospitals, doctors and health care.....That example is like buying a car and it doesn't run and you ask the salesman whahappened and he says, "well I never promised it would run."
Actually, I am quite serious.

We knew, or should have known, this would happen. After all, we have 50 years of MediCare/MedicAid history to go by. In Alaska only 10% of the doctors will see MediCare/MedicAid patients. So why would ObamaCare be any different?

You may have the best ObamaCare coverage on the planet, but that does not mean any self-respecting doctor would touch you with a ten foot barge pole. I certainly do not blame them either.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
When doctors started declining Medicare patients, the writing was on the wall already.... and they went ahead and did it.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:20 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,414,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
You have to be joking...right? I mean just what does health insurance mean to people? I means access to hospitals, doctors and health care.....That example is like buying a car and it doesn't run and you ask the salesman whahappened and he says, "well I never promised it would run."
So when you have a brand-spanking new ObamaCrap policy but the policy has a $5,000 deductible and requires a 50% coinsurance payment above that, if you get a bill for $7,500 then ObamaCrap will pay just $1,250 and you will pay $6,250. So does this sound like great access to health care to you?

These are the terms of my new policy. It is not as good as the one I liked but could not keep.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:21 AM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
LA Times finds insureds having trouble finding in-network docs under Obamacare:

Aliso Viejo resident Danielle Nelson said Anthem Blue Cross promised half a dozen times that her oncologists would be covered under her new policy. She was diagnosed last year with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and discovered a suspicious lump near her jaw in early January.
But when she went to her oncologist's office, she promptly encountered a bright orange sign saying that Covered California plans are not accepted.

"I'm a complete fan of the Affordable Care Act, but now I can't sleep at night," Nelson said. "I can't imagine this is how President Obama wanted it to happen."

Obamacare enrollees hit snags at doctor's offices - latimes.com

This same idiot will vote for the next liberal, who will do the very same thing to her again. I am sure that she will note "the republican war on women" or some other nonsense for her reasons.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:30 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,938,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
So many of the problems with Obamacare should have been apparent from the very beginning, before it became law. I knew it was not a solution but I did not realize just how truly awful it would actually be. I am still stunned by anyone who still thinks Obamacare is a good thing.
Just like the approximately 25 states not expanding medicaid. How can you pass something like that?

Old 02-05-2014, 11:44 AM

577 posts, read 436,381 times
I think a lot of this is bullpoop.. "covered california" plans are PRIVATE COMPANY plans.. they are NOT government plans, etc.. like medicaid/medicare...

I think this is a bunch of phony BS dreamed up by right wing media and these stories aren't real.

I understand doctors not taking medicaid/medicare because of reduced payments.

But a private plan offered on the california or even federal exchange? That's just ridiculous.. cause ALL insurance is now Obamacare - government minmum standard - insurance

Old 02-05-2014, 11:54 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,414,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
I think a lot of this is bullpoop.. "covered california" plans are PRIVATE COMPANY plans.. they are NOT government plans, etc.. like medicaid/medicare...

I think this is a bunch of phony BS dreamed up by right wing media and these stories aren't real.

I understand doctors not taking medicaid/medicare because of reduced payments.

But a private plan offered on the california or even federal exchange? That's just ridiculous.. cause ALL insurance is now Obamacare - government minmum standard - insurance
You are correct. Millions of people did not get cancelled out of the policies they liked but could not keep, and nobody lost any access to the doctors they liked but could not keep due to the limitations of plans on the ACA marketplaces. Premiums have not gone shooting up for anybody. There are no more uninsured people left; the Affordable Care Act covered everyone in the country. Health care became much more affordable since deductibles and coinsurance and copays all came down for everybody.

Oh, wait a minute. The opposite of all those things is what happened. You call it "phony BS." We the millions of victims of Obamacare know it is just life under The One.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:02 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,024,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
This same idiot will vote for the next liberal, who will do the very same thing to her again. I am sure that she will note "the republican war on women" or some other nonsense for her reasons.
Yes, she will blame problems with the ACA on republicans for not working with Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies