Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 03:37 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

What madness are you spewing now? Who cares??? It doesn't take an education to hear the fryer beep and take the fries out. Do you see what you and your liberal lunacy will create............I think you do but don't care and will blame it on the evil rich. Unreal you folks are...........no sense of sanity or reality ever comes into play with you folks.......just pathetic.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:39 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And who would want to hire this high school drop out for $20/hr over someone better qualified? Try using your head.
Better qualified? You dump a french fry bucket when the beeper goes off. Not rocket science unless you liberals want to make folks go to college to do it and get in debt. Who cares you liberals have twenty or so million illegals ready to take jobs and to vote. That is all that matters to your heroes..............pull your head outta the dirt and look around.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
If you were paying someone $16/hr would you want to higher a high school dropout or someone better qualified that completed high school? Again, sorry for your confusion.
How can anyone be "better qualified" for unskilled work ?

They might say.."Hey..he can work during school hours"
These mgrs at McD's aren't looking for executive potential here

Old 02-09-2014, 03:48 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What madness are you spewing now? Who cares??? It doesn't take an education to hear the fryer beep and take the fries out. Do you see what you and your liberal lunacy will create............I think you do but don't care and will blame it on the evil rich. Unreal you folks are...........no sense of sanity or reality ever comes into play with you folks.......just pathetic.
So you choose to ignore what I am saying because you realize I am right, and instead of admitting it, you go off on a random rant...awesome.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
Stop switching the subject. Who are you to decide the price a person is willing to sell their own labor for?

JWK
I am not switching the subject, you are. Clearly you don't understand the point of minimum wage, you are welcome to work for whatever pay is negotiated as long as it is above a minimum, which shouldn't be too hard to do. It prevents having Americans working for the same third world rate as other poorer countries.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:23 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,445,109 times
Quote:
When students drop out of High School, most are still living with their parents. Why do you have such a problem with these young adults who are unprepared to earn a living buckling down and selling their labor as they see fit in return for learning a trade? If you had your way I would never have learned the plumbing trade nor moved on to eventually starting my own successful business. Who the frig are you to decide the price a person is willing to sell their own labor for? I believe our Supreme Court was talking to you when they wrote:

"The property which every man has in his own labor, as it is the original foundation of all other property, so it is the most sacred and inviolable. The patrimony of the poor man lies in the strength and dexterity of his own hands; and to hinder him from employing this strength and dexterity in what manner he thinks proper, without injury to his neighbor, is a plain violation of this most sacred property."___ Butchers’ Union Co. v. Crescent CityCo., 111 U.S. 746 (1884)

JWK

Quote:
So I assume you are a high school dropout...would you say dropping out of high school was a smart thing to do or a stupid thing to do? Also when you dropped out, did you find a job that paid below minimum wage because you weren't worth the value of minimum wage? And why did you learn the trade of being a plumber? Is it because being a high school dropout didn't pay off like you thought it would?

Sorry, but I support curbing high school dropouts, not encouraging them to drop out.
Stop switching the subject. Who are you to decide the price a person is willing to sell their own labor for?

JWK

Quote:
I am not switching the subject, you are. Clearly you don't understand the point of minimum wage, you are welcome to work for whatever pay is negotiated as long as it is above a minimum, which shouldn't be too hard to do. It prevents having Americans working for the same third world rate as other poorer countries.
Stop switching the subject and answer the question. Who are you to decide the price a person is willing to sell their own labor for?

Our courts have repeatedly held that impinging upon a fundamental right is presumptively unconstitutional. People being free to sell the property each has in their own labor for whatever price they choose is a fundamental right!

JWK

The liberty to fail or succeed at one’s own hand is a PROGRESSIVE‘S nightmare and not the American Dream

Last edited by johnwk1; 02-09-2014 at 04:38 PM..

Old 02-09-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:

JWK

Stop switching the subject and answer the question. Who are you to decide the price a person is willing to sell their own labor for?

Our courts have repeatedly held that impinging upon a fundamental right is presumptively unconstitutional. People being free to sell the property each has in their own labor for whatever price they choose is a fundamental right!

JWK

The liberty to fail or succeed at one’s own hand is a PROGRESSIVE‘S nightmare and not the American Dream
False, minimum wage has never been ruled unconstitutional. But nice try. Why do you want people to be paid below minimum wage? That is what you are advocating after all.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:07 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,050 times
Since there were several personal attacks AND baiting that needed to be deleted this thread is closed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies