Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 07:12 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,976,486 times

Advertisements

Gan bans on marriage and other laws are going down one after another. This issue is dying faster then anti Marijuana laws. I am not gay, and do not even have friends who are gay but this war on homosexuals is nuts. Do you conservatives really think you can actually win this fight? Your trying to keep a snow ball from melting in the desert.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:28 AM

392 posts, read 352,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Gan bans on marriage and other laws are going down one after another. This issue is dying faster then anti Marijuana laws. I am not gay, and do not even have friends who are gay but this war on homosexuals is nuts. Do you conservatives really think you can actually win this fight? Your trying to keep a snow ball from melting in the desert.
It is NOT a war on homosexuals. It is a clever war on traditional and independent manhood...between the egg head professors in our universities and the feminist eccentric twits...They have this notion that males are all aggressive...that ALL war and strife is brought about through some sort of poisonous male hormone...Maleness is not a disease. This is not about gay rights....or a real compassion or love for gays...this is about social engineering and social control of society. It is not about conservatism either. Here in Toronto the lines have been foolishly drawn. It has gotten totally polarized. Conservative = anti gay and Liberal stands for pro gay.

The other thing I would like to mention is that the gay population is tiny. It is less than one tenth of one percent of the population. We are mislead into believing that the numbers are huge. Human sexuality is not even the real issue. It is all about politics and getting some sort of block vote that consists of people who think they are good and caring people....The so-called gay lobby consists mostly of straight people who take up what is in their mind a noble cause...there is NO cause...this is a minor issue that should be forgotten.

The more they push the gay thing the more resentment grows towards gays - who are now seen NOT as some under class but a group that is striving to take the position socially of a privileged elite...The strange thing is that the supporters of supposed gay rights have no skin in the game. Most are straight do-gooders who have nothing better to do than get involved with things that are not their business.

Gays in general from what I see just want to be left alone and live private lives...the more we talk about it the worse things will get. Much like keeping racism alive...The more racism is mentioned the longer it lives. People have evolved and few are about to persecute the weaker members of society. BUT as I said resentment will grow and hate will form towards any group that attempts to go beyond equality and strives for superiority. At present a gay man has more protection under the law than a common traditional father...and THAT is somthing that is most definitely askew.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:30 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,757,982 times
good. maybe now gays will shut the hell up and stop having parades. I have never seen a straight pride parade.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:59 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,589,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
good. maybe now gays will shut the hell up and stop having parades. I have never seen a straight pride parade.
Clearly you have never been to Mardi Gras.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:00 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,141,522 times
There is no "war on homosexuals."

Old 02-15-2014, 09:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
What was the point of this post? I don't think most Republicans or conservatives have a war on homosexuality anymore than the Democrats do and most people believe in equal rights. The only issue many have is simply with the gay marriage issue and I am not even talking gay unions, I am talking the actually religious ceremony. If that makes us heading a war on homosexuality so be it. Sounds to me like you are just looking for something to rant about, something that really isn't true. Oh, and for your information there are a lot of gay Republicans. Do you know anything about the Log Cabin Republicans?

Old 02-15-2014, 09:43 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,342,986 times
Quote:
NOPE! We will not. We throw the most fun parades in the country and those aren't stopping anytime soon!

Old 02-15-2014, 10:00 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,824,888 times
It's all but over.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/15/us...s.html?hp&_r=1
Quote:
A sweeping decision on Thursday night struck down Virginia’s ban on same-sex marriage and continued a remarkable winning streak for gay rights advocates, putting new pressure on the Supreme Court to decide the momentous question it ducked last summer: whether there is a constitutional right to same-sex marriage.

Since June, when the Supreme Court ruled that same-sex couples are entitled to equal treatment in at least some settings, federal judges in Oklahoma, Utah and Virginia have struck down laws barring same-sex marriages. In state legislatures and state courts, too, supporters of same-sex marriage have been winning.

“The pace of change has perhaps outstripped the Supreme Court’s preferences, but the momentum is tremendous,” said Suzanne B. Goldberg, a law professor at Columbia.
Those who harbor anti-gay animus will mourn the demise of laws that parallel their repugnance.

Meanwhile, the vast majority of new voters are utterly mystified at that vacuousness of such pathetic and ignorant ideas.

It must be very depressing to realize that society is doing what it has always done, marching forward, and tossing ones out-dated, irrelevant, and illogical bigotries into history's dustbin. But since I don't cling to the absurd "We must do X for no reason other than we did X yesterday!" idiocy, I wouldn't know.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:15 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,694,225 times
Quote:
Last I looked, the "straight lifestyle" is paraded everywhere.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:28 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times
Quote:
It's called Mardi Gras and Spring Break. Technically the Folsom Street BDSM parade is a straight parade too, since it's mostly heterosexuals who attend (although gays go there too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies