Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,559 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
It is NOT a war on homosexuals. It is a clever war on traditional and independent manhood...between the egg head professors in our universities and the feminist eccentric twits...They have this notion that males are all aggressive...that ALL war and strife is brought about through some sort of poisonous male hormone...Maleness is not a disease. This is not about gay rights....or a real compassion or love for gays...this is about social engineering and social control of society. It is not about conservatism either. Here in Toronto the lines have been foolishly drawn. It has gotten totally polarized. Conservative = anti gay and Liberal stands for pro gay.

The other thing I would like to mention is that the gay population is tiny. It is less than one tenth of one percent of the population. We are mislead into believing that the numbers are huge. Human sexuality is not even the real issue. It is all about politics and getting some sort of block vote that consists of people who think they are good and caring people....The so-called gay lobby consists mostly of straight people who take up what is in their mind a noble cause...there is NO cause...this is a minor issue that should be forgotten.

The more they push the gay thing the more resentment grows towards gays - who are now seen NOT as some under class but a group that is striving to take the position socially of a privileged elite...The strange thing is that the supporters of supposed gay rights have no skin in the game. Most are straight do-gooders who have nothing better to do than get involved with things that are not their business.

Gays in general from what I see just want to be left alone and live private lives...the more we talk about it the worse things will get. Much like keeping racism alive...The more racism is mentioned the longer it lives. People have evolved and few are about to persecute the weaker members of society. BUT as I said resentment will grow and hate will form towards any group that attempts to go beyond equality and strives for superiority. At present a gay man has more protection under the law than a common traditional father...and THAT is something that is most definitely askew.
This post makes no sense.

What does that first bold even mean ?

The second paragraph is also a contradiction. An issue is what the "cause" is formed around.

The 3rd paragraph is the equivalent of saying white people should have never supported blacks during the civil rights movement because they didnt have any skin in the game.

4th paragraph is hilarious you are one of those people who thinks not talking about racism will make people stop being racist.

and how exactly are these people trying to be beyond equal ?

Old 02-15-2014, 10:32 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post

The other thing I would like to mention is that the gay population is tiny. It is less than one tenth of one percent of the population. We are mislead into believing that the numbers are huge.
Where on Earth did you get that nonsense? A conservative estimate of people who have openly admitted to it, puts LGBT around 4-5%. However, that doesn't include closeted gays, or gays who don't identify that way, and bisexuality is very underreported. A better estimate would be about 10% of the population is in some way LGBT, and if you go by theories that bisexuality is more common than people will ever admit, it's a very large amount.

LGBT are the largest or 2nd largest (after blacks) minority in the country.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:37 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
A better estimate would be about 10% of the population is in some way LGBT, and if you go by theories that bisexuality is more common than people will ever admit, it's a very large amount.

LGBT are the largest or 2nd largest (after blacks) minority in the country.

I think the number is closer to 15% considering the only REAL way to know is to ask the person, and a large percentage due to their position in life couldn't do that for risk of their life being destroyed by the bigots.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
I think the number is closer to 15% considering the only REAL way to know is to ask the person, and a large percentage due to their position in life couldn't do that for risk of their life being destroyed by the bigots.
Yeah, we'll never know the true amount, but I think it's way higher than we'll ever realize. Think of all the "straight" guys, married with kids, who discreetly hook-up with other guys. Freud and Kinsey believed something like 80% of humans are predisposed to be Bisexual to some degree (although they lean in one direction). We saw in like Ancient Greece, male-male affection was quite common, even among the men who were married to women. And one of our closest evolutionary relatives, the dwarf chimpanzee as a species is entirely bisexual.

If our society were not so hateful and male/male affection were not so stigmatized, I think you'd see a lot more bisexuality apparent among humans. Heck, even now, so called "Bromances" are becoming more common.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Last I looked, the "straight lifestyle" is paraded everywhere.
I have to disagree with you on this> No, the straight lifestyle isn't flaunted or paraded. Could you explain what you mean by that? I know a lot of gays, family members, friends and clients, as well as my old boss: most agree, the flaunting and parading isn't the way to go and they disapprove. Fighting for equal rights is very different from flaunting something.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have to disagree with you on this> No, the straight lifestyle isn't flaunted or paraded. Could you explain what you mean by that? I know a lot of gays, family members, friends and clients, as well as my old boss: most agree, the flaunting and parading isn't the way to go and they disapprove. Fighting for equal rights is very different from flaunting something.
Anytime you mention a spouse, show pictures, show your wedding ring, put bumper stickers of your kids on your car, put family photos on your desk, have locker room talk with the boys, talk about how many girls you're going to sleep with this week, etc. heterosexuality is flaunted. Look at TV/movies. I can't even watch a TV show or movie that doesn't have a straight love scene in it. I've even been seeing more ads on popular networks for KY Hers and His ads.

It's flaunted and paraded EVERYWHERE. And no one cares or bats an eye, because it's common and accepted.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:48 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,214,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Hah. Keep pulling stories out of your ass. You didn't hurt a fly.

And I will act as gay as I want right in front of your face and if you so much as put a finger on me you can bet I would have every lawsuit possible thrown in your face.

Large, masculine, straight male, hah. You are probably just another fat clown who sits in front of the computer all day trolling internet boards.
You can think and say and act however you like since you're all the same. What you don't see, can't get you right.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,559 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yeah, we'll never know the true amount, but I think it's way higher than we'll ever realize. Think of all the "straight" guys, married with kids, who discreetly hook-up with other guys. Freud and Kinsey believed something like 80% of humans are predisposed to be Bisexual to some degree (although they lean in one direction). We saw in like Ancient Greece, male-male affection was quite common, even among the men who were married to women. And one of our closest evolutionary relatives, the dwarf chimpanzee as a species is entirely bisexual.

If our society were not so hateful and male/male affection were not so stigmatized, I think you'd see a lot more bisexuality apparent among humans. Heck, even now, so called "Bromances" are becoming more common.

Sexuality, as most people know it, is a myth. You are not attracted to a gender, you are attracted to a specific set of traits.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:58 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I disagree with you too. The straight lifestyle is paraded across every media channel. It's flaunted in public every day, in ways which--in many parts of our not so civilized nation--would get people beaten, and maybe worse.

What surprises me about people who oppose gay pride parades, is that they don't seem to oppose any other parades. Women on motorcycles, floats from local restaurants and bars, a local car club, and 20 different social or community groups with members who look like everyday people, aren't offensive. Actually, the only "offense" that can be taken, is by proponents of the straight lifestyle, who dread the thought that their lifestyle isn't the only lifestyle with totally normal people.

Have the gay friends you say you have, ever actually... been... to a gay pride parade? Have you?

Old 02-15-2014, 12:16 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
I disagree with you too. The straight lifestyle is paraded across every media channel. It's flaunted in public every day, in ways which--in many parts of our not so civilized nation--would get people beaten, and maybe worse.

What surprises me about people who oppose gay pride parades, is that they don't seem to oppose any other parades. Women on motorcycles, floats from local restaurants and bars, a local car club, and 20 different social or community groups with members who look like everyday people, aren't offensive. Actually, the only "offense" that can be taken, is by proponents of the straight lifestyle, who dread the thought that their lifestyle isn't the only lifestyle with totally normal people.

Have the gay friends you say you have, ever actually... been... to a gay pride parade? Have you?
Oh for heaven's sake: regular parades we have all grown up with do not flaunt anything, they certainly do not flaunt a lifestyle or sexual orientation. BTW anyone who refers to gays as a lifestyle doesn't really understand gays, it isn't a life style it is a sexual orientation. If you are so involved in what is right for gays, you would certainly know this. We are not talking about gay right here for heavens sake, about beating someone, or worse? Where did you get such an idea? We are talking about marriage equality, gay rights and flaunting, not anything else. What do you mean the straight lifestyle is flaunted everyday? What you are saying isn't making too much sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies