Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 08:40 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilau9 View Post
Longer survival times isn't the same as mortality reduction. Fact is the war on cancer has pretty much been a near total failure.

The cancer industry is a racket. Irrefutable evidence is abound how they've eradicated promising relevant unconventional therapies, ignored and hidden evidence that shows their toxic invasive therapies and procedures are more harmful than helpful (read for instance
"The Mammogram Myth" by Rolf Hefti), and have used the corporate media to spread propaganda and exaggerations about their treatments.

Example, the promotion of the highly deceptive concept of survival time among the public and medical students, making them believe in the glory of the orthodox cancer establishment.

If the cancer industry is a racket, then G-d love rackets! That racket CURED me.

But I could be like Abraham Cherrix who refused to continue traditional treatment for our mostly curable cancer (90% of people across the board ARE in fact cured) and has spent the past 8 years in declining health by going to alternative cancer providers that will surely kill him. The long, strange case of Abraham Cherrix continues – Respectful Insolence 8 years from treatment, the vast majority of people with Hodgkin's lymphoma are back to normal. I'm actually in the minority having life-long side effects from treatment, but I wouldn't trade the side effects for a slow death.

The original story about his case is at USATODAY.com - Virginia teen fights for right to pick Hodgkin's treatment. I, too, was made incredibly weak by chemo. I had to crawl on my hands and knees to both my 3rd floor apartment and 3rd floor office, neither of which had an elevator. There were days where I couldn't get out of bed to go to the bathroom because I was so tired, and didn't eat because I didn't have the energy to prepare my own food (nor a caretaker to help with such matters).

But I'm alive, and those who blew tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars on medical quackery in Mexico are not - or soon will not be.

I wonder what those of you in this thread complaining about traditional cancer treatment would do if you were actually diagnosed and actually started doing the research with YOUR life on the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 09:48 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilau9 View Post
Longer survival times isn't the same as mortality reduction. Fact is the war on cancer has pretty much been a near total failure.

The cancer industry is a racket. Irrefutable evidence is abound how they've eradicated promising relevant unconventional therapies, ignored and hidden evidence that shows their toxic invasive therapies and procedures are more harmful than helpful (read for instance "The Mammogram Myth" by Rolf Hefti), and have used the corporate media to spread propaganda and exaggerations about their treatments.

Example, the promotion of the highly deceptive concept of survival time among the public and medical students, making them believe in the glory of the orthodox cancer establishment.
I really don't understand why people fall for this tripe. Alternative health care providers have a vested interest in pushing their wares. If they are such a success where is the proof, where are the studies, where is the science to back it up?

Regarding Hefti, all he has is opinions, and absolutely no credentials of any kind. Why would you take health advice from someone with ZERO education or experience in the field? Would you take your car to be repaired at a burger joint? No? Then why would you take advice on breast health from some joe nobody?

Old 02-18-2014, 10:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
The survival rates of almost all cancers has improved significantly. Want a cure for cancer? We would have to do gene manipulation and eliminate all toxins within our environment.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:24 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
it's disturbing how many people think cancer research is just some big racket that hundreds of thousands of scientists worldwide are evilly collaborating to hide cures.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:28 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I just watched a documentary on the sports channel about North Carolina State Men's Basketball "Cinderella" team win in 1983.

I just caught the last few minutes of it, so I am sorry I don't have the title. The coach (Valvano) had to resign after the win in some trumped up scandal.

He was very well loved by his colleagues and players. He went on to get and then die of cancer.

The end credits said "As of January 2013, The 'V Foundation' has given more than 100 million dollars to cancer research."

That's just ONE foundation and a lot of money - where are the positive results from all of this research?

I wanted to post this in the Health section, but there is an advisory that no controversial subjects can be posted there.
For someone so admittedly ill-informed on the topic you make some bold statements.

Talk about an ignorant comment.....

Old 02-18-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I really don't understand why people fall for this tripe. Alternative health care providers have a vested interest in pushing their wares. If they are such a success where is the proof, where are the studies, where is the science to back it up?

Regarding Hefti, all he has is opinions, and absolutely no credentials of any kind. Why would you take health advice from someone with ZERO education or experience in the field? Would you take your car to be repaired at a burger joint? No? Then why would you take advice on breast health from some joe nobody?
The quacks only real chance is to distract and deflect any attention from themselves and try to discredit the scientists with any number of conspiracy, hoax or outright lie.

It's especially funny when their proof is the money involved, while they of course are involved with the money too.

Just like the wakefield autism studies....oooooh can't trust big pharma because they are after the money. Riiiiiiight and the trial lawyers paying wakefield over 1/2 million to do his study....and he hid the compensation from the public...they are pure as the driven snow. Oh, did I mention they had a lawsuit over vaccination already brought? Bwah hah hah....

Old 02-18-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeking View Post
Cancer research is sometimes corrupt*. It's brings in big revenue. There is Big Pharma that makes too much for their to be cures for certain cancers. There's influence, buying out research, more with that. Follow the money.

* such as, Susan G. Koman was caught in mammography fraud
Susan G Komen Scam | Today News Gazette
It's not just limited to that.
It wasn't the benefit of the mammograms but rather the survival %'s being challenged.

Do you or your loved ones put your money where your mouth is and skip mammograms I guess?

Old 02-18-2014, 11:15 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
For someone so admittedly ill-informed on the topic you make some bold statements.

Talk about an ignorant comment.....
1. Where did I admit to being "ill-informed on the topic?"

2. Which comment are you assessing as "ignorant?"

You're comments are not very clear.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:24 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it's disturbing how many people think cancer research is just some big racket that hundreds of thousands of scientists worldwide are evilly collaborating to hide cures.
Doncha know? Health care providers are simultaneously 1) withholding cures from people to keep them sick to make money and 2) using worthless treatments on people who aren't really sick in the first place, to make money!

That's why I've stayed off this thread.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:27 AM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
1. Where did I admit to being "ill-informed on the topic?"

2. Which comment are you assessing as "ignorant?"

You're comments are not very clear.
The title of the thread is the giveaway. Your opinion that there have been no significant breakthroughs is contrary to the fact that there have been significant breakthroughs. You choose to ignore them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies