Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:14 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't know who this Chris Cuomo is, but he is a complete idiot if he believes that Martin was the victim.

On that night, Zimmerman had lost sight of Martin and was returning to his truck, when Martin "emerged from the darkness" and confronted Zimmerman, asking him, "You got a problem?" When Zimmerman answered, "No," Martin said, "You do now," and at that point he punched Zimmerman in the face, knocking him to the ground. He then got on top of Zimmerman and began bashing his head onto the ground, and as Zimmerman yelled for help, Martin told him to "Shut the f**K up!"

The violence was initiated by Martin, not Zimmerman. Zimmerman's written statement to the police match what the one witness saw.

To claim Martin was a victim ignores not only clear evidence in the case, but Martin's history of violence and drug use. Martin liked to fight.

Apparently this Chris Cuomo did not follow this case and is not in possession of the facts, or he is making them up, as so many others in the so-called "mainstream" media have.

Fortunately, the jury was able to sift through the lies and discern the truth.
Well it is good that Zimmerman murdered the man who could have said otherwise. Zimmerman's story never added up, and Florida is obviously filled with idiots who sit on their jury.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:15 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,682,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
He was the victim. Martin got exactly what was needed.
Yep. Can't be more accurate than that.

In this case, the victim won the battle. The aggressor tried to pick a fight and lost. Boohoo.

And those who would compare this case to any other, especially those where situations are entirely different, show how difficult critical thinking is. I sometimes wonder how people manage to get themselves out of bed in the mornings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's kind of too bad Zimmerman just didn't leave the kid alone. Or not get out of his truck and follow the kid after he was told not to. Martin wasn't out looking to fight anyone that night which seems to be the point lost on RWNJs.
The same goes for those who make it political and use terms like "right wing nut job" when discussing a purely criminal case. It's proof of how petulant and childlike some folks are.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:21 AM

248 posts, read 244,503 times
My recollection of the facts as they were presented in the trial was that Zimmerman was not told "not to follow" while he was still in his truck, but rather while he was on foot looking for him. It was on his way back to the truck when the confrontation took place.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:37 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,727,212 times
Ususal suspects lining up again for the CD Zimmerman Death Squad watch.

This ought to be entertaining.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:57 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,480,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Ususal suspects lining up again for the CD Zimmerman Death Squad watch.

This ought to be entertaining.
How can anyone question the character of Zimmerman? It`s been over 3 months since his last arrest!

Old 02-18-2014, 07:25 AM

17,815 posts, read 13,719,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBob View Post
My recollection of the facts as they were presented in the trial was that Zimmerman was not told "not to follow" while he was still in his truck, but rather while he was on foot looking for him. It was on his way back to the truck when the confrontation took place.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, this is what Zimmerman SAYS happened. If this were completely accurate then Martin's body would have been found at the "T" sidewalk intersection. Instead, the body was found down the sidewalk leading between the housing units which wasn't on the way back to Zimmerman's truck.

This alone indicates that if Zimmerman is indeed accurate, the interaction took place at the "T" but somehow the escalation (which Zimmerman says basically didn't happen) ended up with the two individuals down the sidewalk 40 or so feet.

If Zimmerman's account of about a 10 word exchange between the two before Martin supposedly hit him were accurate and if it happened at the "T", there is no way Martin's body should have been found where it was.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:32 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,170,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
On CNN’s New Day, George Zimmerman responded to Chris Cuomo’s question about Trayvon Martin’s victim status by insisting, repeatedly, “I was the victim.”

“The victim was Trayvon Martin,” Cuomo said. “You know that.”

George Zimmerman to CNN: ‘I was the victim’ | The Raw Story
He also said this: "I'd like to professionally ... continue my education and hopefully become an attorney," he said. "I think that's the best way to stop the miscarriage of justice that happened to me from happening to somebody else." If that doesn't prove what a POS he is, I don't know what does.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:33 AM

947 posts, read 1,465,569 times
Quote:
On that night, Zimmerman had lost sight of Martin and was returning to his truck, when Martin "emerged from the darkness" and confronted Zimmerman, asking him, "You got a problem?" When Zimmerman answered, "No," Martin said, "You do now," and at that point he punched Zimmerman in the face, knocking him to the ground. He then got on top of Zimmerman and began bashing his head onto the ground, and as Zimmerman yelled for help, Martin told him to "Shut the f**K up!"
According to Zimmerman who also said Martin said several things when Martin's lungs would have been full of blood and hence he would been unable to speak not only due to that but he was also dead. Plus the dialog was movie like.

Here is the thing Zimmerman's story is full of holes. Martin's body was on the grass several feet away from the concrete. Also the truck was way away from where confrontation took place. Zimmer was out of breath on the phone because he was actually chasing Martin for several minutes on foot.

Zimmer was not returning to his truck. Martin didn't confront him at all. Zimmer was the one who started the confrontation. Martin wasn't doing anything illegal. Zimmer was the one with the history of violence including assaulting police officers.

Oh btw Zimmer was also on a drug with the following side effects hallucinations, aggression, violence, agitation and that after taking the drug one should dedicate eight hours to sleep otherwise the side effects increase. Also memory loss may occur if you do not sleep after taking the drug after 7-8 hours. He was also on another drug that is known for worsening mental or mood problems ie, aggression, anxiety, delusions, depression, hallucination, hostility.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:39 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,697,859 times
No one knows what happened that night, really you don't. So stop pretending you do people! We can't say if Zimmerman was a racist, it if Trayvon was a thug, we just don't know. Only Zimmerman and God know. So stop with the agendas.

Zimmerman was a victim by the media though. They immediately labeled him as a racist and a mad man even though they had no evidence to support those notions. They also falsely stated that Stand Your Ground was to blame, even though SYG was not used as a defense and had literally nothing to do with the trial.

The mainstream media makes me sick to my stomach! It really does. It' so iinaccurate and blows everything out of proportion.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:39 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,905,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
According to Zimmerman who also said Martin said several things when Martin's lungs would have been full of blood and hence he would been unable to speak not only due to that but he was also dead. Plus the dialog was movie like.

Here is the thing Zimmerman's story is full of holes. Martin's body was on the grass several feet away from the concrete. Also the truck was way away from where confrontation took place. Zimmer was out of breath on the phone because he was actually chasing Martin for several minutes on foot.

Zimmer was not returning to his truck. Martin didn't confront him at all. Zimmer was the one who started the confrontation. Martin wasn't doing anything illegal. Zimmer was the one with the history of violence including assaulting police officers.

Oh btw Zimmer was also on a drug with the following side effects hallucinations, aggression, violence, agitation and that after taking the drug one should dedicate eight hours to sleep otherwise the side effects increase. Also memory loss may occur if you do not sleep after taking the drug after 7-8 hours. He was also on another drug that is known for worsening mental or mood problems ie, aggression, anxiety, delusions, depression, hallucination, hostility.
What was the jury decision?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies