Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 03:43 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Half the country actually IS in line for a handout. So what's the problem? Did you go to the poll with bad data in hand? Sure sounds like it.

Nearly Half of U.S. Lives in Household Receiving Government Benefit - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Your link includes subsidized loans, pell grants and medicare. Be practical. One someone says handouts, you know full well they mean food stamps and welfare/section 8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 04:45 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
HAHA rephrase the question "Do you wish you voted for Romney in 2012?" and you'll get a completely different answer. You can crap on Obama all day but in the US the GOP are equally responsible since they are the only ones who can put out a competing product.
Actually, if you look at the poll it would indicate that Obama would lose.

The ABC poll in a revote had Romney up by 4%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The above is how you know Republicans didnt watch a single one of President Obama's rallies.
Actually, I watched several of Obama's stump speeches and the sheep herd wasn't being enticed by handlers with Hope and Change placards to mindlessly chant their mantras. Can you find me a video of 2012 where Obama's rallies pass out the 2008 slogans and/or the mantras are chanted?

Old 02-19-2014, 05:12 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Actually, I watched several of Obama's stump speeches and the sheep herd wasn't being enticed by handlers with Hope and Change placards to mindlessly chant their mantras. Can you find me a video of 2012 where Obama's rallies pass out the 2008 slogans and/or the mantras are chanted?

SO what exactly is your argument here. That Mitt Romney did not have campaign mantras, that mantras are dumb, or that you have to use the same ones as 4 years ago ?

all 3 arguments would be untrue. You do realize that forward is indeed the logical extension of Hope and Change right ?

But if you want to play that game....

President Obama at the first 2012 rally: "...it's still about hope. It's still about change." - YouTube

Old 02-19-2014, 06:37 AM

26,578 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
The morons are:

The Washington Examiner ......
here's a good article on the topic:

Obama polls: half full or half empty | Obama Conspiracy TheoriesObama Conspiracy Theories

Old 02-19-2014, 06:47 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Half the country actually IS in line for a handout. So what's the problem? Did you go to the poll with bad data in hand? Sure sounds like it.

Nearly Half of U.S. Lives in Household Receiving Government Benefit - Real Time Economics - WSJ
You must really hate the military, elderly people, and college students because you keep using these half in line for handouts meme over and over even after you have been corrected many times on who make up that half.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:54 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Breaking News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
From the Washington Examiner - "Over seven in 10 Obama voters, and 55 percent of Democrats, regret voting for President Obama's reelection in 2012, according to a new Economist/YouGov.com poll."

And even better, Obama has three more years to really screw up this country. Let the excuses begin.

Poll: 71% of Obama voters, 55% Democrats 'regret' voting for his re-election | WashingtonExaminer.com

Right wing website slags on Democratic president!

Old 02-19-2014, 07:48 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
I don't love Obama but between him and Romney it was not even a choice. I can not vote for some Mormon ultra rich idiot who thinks that half the country is in line for a hand out. He was a crappy candidate and I would vote for Obama again over Romney. Ryan was just more crap on top of the crap pile. Ryan did nothing but rub salt in an open wound. From wanting to kill Social Security and Medicare to his lying about his love affiar with Ayn Rand and her BS of the producers and takers. Jezzzz I could no more vote for them than if they dug up Hitlers bones and said they were running.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Thanks for proving my point, you bought into a lot of the negative Romney propaganda and campaign ads.
And still is...

Oh well, people get what they vote for. Congrats, Amerika.

Old 02-19-2014, 03:08 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
SO what exactly is your argument here. That Mitt Romney did not have campaign mantras, that mantras are dumb, or that you have to use the same ones as 4 years ago ?

all 3 arguments would be untrue. You do realize that forward is indeed the logical extension of Hope and Change right ?

But if you want to play that game....

President Obama at the first 2012 rally: "...it's still about hope. It's still about change." - YouTube
Do you use your brain?

You just proved me right.

ZERO Hope and Change placards.

ZERO Hope and Change or Yes We Can chants from the herd of sheep.

But what you did hear was Obama blasting negative ads...who holds the record for most negative ads run in US history? Oh...Mr. Hope and Change who ironically shuns negative ads. You are such a sheep you were probably applauding Obama for those hollow and hypocritical words.

P.S. It is "Forward" as in don't go backwards to Bush, Romney equals Bush policy.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:34 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
He was the only choice. Him or Jill Stein. Romney was DOA, and based on his comments since then he is impressing me even less.
I think many people are realizing that Romney would have been a far superior president than "If you like your doctor/healthcare plan you can keep it" Obama.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:47 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
it is odd. 71% regret their vote, but 79% would do it again.

87% of Democrats would.
Not really, the OP just LIED. The 71% regretting their vote was not 71% of all Obama voters. 79% of Obama voters said they would vote for him again 10% said no, 11% said not sure. Of the 10% that said they would not vote for him again 71% of those said they regretted their vote. So anyone who can do basic math can figure it out that 7.1% of Obama voters regretted their vote, not 71%. The OP LIED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies