Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:43 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,836,448 times

Advertisements

Anyone see a problem brewing?

(Lefties need not answer .. I'm a mind reader )

How many Government Monitors do you suppose will be 'assigned' to Fox?

(lots more at the link within the snippet and at link below)

Quote:
The Obama Administration’s Federal Communication Commission (FCC) is poised to place government monitors in newsrooms across the country in an absurdly draconian attempt to intimidate and control the media.

Before you dismiss this assertion as utterly preposterous (we all know how that turned out when the Tea Party complained that it was being targeted by the IRS), this bombshell of an accusation comes from an actual FCC Commissioner.

FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai reveals a brand new Obama Administration program that he fears could be used in “pressuring media organizations into covering certain stories.”

As Commissioner Pai explains in the Wall Street Journal: Ajit Pai: The FCC Wades Into the Newsroom - WSJ.com

Last May the FCC proposed an initiative to thrust the federal government into newsrooms across the country.

Government Monitors in Newsrooms? | Free Speech, American Center for Law and Justice ACLJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 06:51 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Like I say, liberals are idiots... What happens when it is a Republican president...

Old 02-18-2014, 06:53 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
What are news media folks saying about this?

Old 02-18-2014, 06:54 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,862,519 times
Nothing Obama does amazes me at this point.

From the article:

"Is it any wonder that the U.S. now ranks 46th in the world for freedom of the press? Reporters Without Boarders called America’s precipitous drop of 13 places in its recent global rankings “one of the most significant declines” in freedom of the press in the world."

46th.

In the WORLD.

If you don't think this is a problem, you're not paying attention.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:59 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,836,448 times
My apologies for the WSJ link being a pay site and that the full article cannot be seen there.

You can google for other links using the article for key words .. I would guess?

(The aclj.org link is fully readable)

Old 02-18-2014, 07:06 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,746,277 times
Most of the news media is doing all they can to help Obama.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:07 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Default More absurdity from the right

So, we've gone from obsessing about his birth certificate, to screaming about how the ACA was going to end life as we know it, to complaining about Benghazi, to getting bent out of shape about monitors. You right-wingers continue to embarrass yourselves. Frankly, I find it refreshing to know that you're not focusing on the enormous shortcomings of your party, as the GOP continues its free fall.

Much ado about nothing, this whole monitor bit.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:11 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,972,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
So, we've gone from obsessing about his birth certificate, to screaming about how the ACA was going to end life as we know it, to complaining about Benghazi, to getting bent out of shape about monitors. You right-wingers continue to embarrass yourselves. Frankly, I find it refreshing to know that you're not focusing on the enormous shortcomings of your party, as the GOP continues its free fall.

Much ado about nothing, this whole monitor bit.
So you think the government should have enforcement personal monitoring content of the news?

What will you do when it's a Republican, and the monitors delete every post you make?

Old 02-18-2014, 08:46 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Nothing Obama does amazes me at this point.

From the article:

"Is it any wonder that the U.S. now ranks 46th in the world for freedom of the press? Reporters Without Boarders called America’s precipitous drop of 13 places in its recent global rankings “one of the most significant declines” in freedom of the press in the world."

46th.

In the WORLD.

If you don't think this is a problem, you're not paying attention.
Would that be boarders as in snow boarders or boarders as in someone who rents a room from someone else? Either way, I don't think most American's would like the fact that reporters are being restricted on either how they can ski, or where they can live.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Would that be boarders as in snow boarders or boarders as in someone who rents a room from someone else? Either way, I don't think most American's would like the fact that reporters are being restricted on either how they can ski, or where they can live.
Perhaps these poor reporters don't have ironing boards, and always look unkempt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies