Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Im really disliking you right now, because I suspect you are dead on correct with this. They can play that world game, and they will do that one well, but I've seen them make serious mis steps in Australia and various countries in Africa. The problems in Africa is that everyone wants a piece of the pie, and its just too hard to protect your operations. China is still struggling with that.
I'm flattered and respect your knowledgeable views. Here is a peek at who's doing who and what the future may hold concerning China-Afghanistan.

China’s Afghanistan Challenge
China has an opportunity to assert leadership in helping steer Afghanistan in a more positive direction. Investing in Afghanistan now will save years of trouble later.

China

Didn't mean to hijack the thread as it is about China-Africa exploitation rather than the next Chinese move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 09:16 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,661,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'm flattered and respect your knowledgeable views. Here is a peek at who's doing who and what the future may hold concerning China-Afghanistan.

China’s Afghanistan Challenge
China has an opportunity to assert leadership in helping steer Afghanistan in a more positive direction. Investing in Afghanistan now will save years of trouble later.

China

Didn't mean to hijack the thread as it is about China-Africa exploitation rather than the next Chinese move.
Interesting

Edit: Sorry about the title. Mod if you could remove the reload this page part..

Old 02-19-2014, 09:29 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The Chinese aren't about to neglect Africa...they'll leave that to us.

They're gonna invest in the continent and watch it pay dividends....meanwhile, we'll invest in wars and nation building in nations that hate our guts. Oh yeah..and chasing Al Qaeda around the world like fools.

Are the Chinese "colonizers?" If you wanna call it that, be my guest. I'll call it being smart.
Awesome.

BRIC is the best choice for true genuine "nation-building."

BRIC's foreign policy is exactly what the US should have been doing for the last 120....building future trading partners.

That's why BRIC will win...

Mircea

Old 02-19-2014, 09:53 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
No, its not about "investing" in Africa with China, it is about China plundering Africa. They are there to takes its resources, they dont care about anything else.

Gold, diamonds, precious metals, even ivory tusks, if they can make money from it, they will, and they could care less about the damage that results.

They would make a Teabagger blush with their approach to plundering for profit.
And how different is that from what the European countries did in Africa?

Old 02-19-2014, 10:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
The Chinese aren't about to neglect Africa...they'll leave that to us.

They're gonna invest in the continent and watch it pay dividends....meanwhile, we'll invest in wars and nation building in nations that hate our guts. Oh yeah..and chasing Al Qaeda around the world like fools.

Are the Chinese "colonizers?" If you wanna call it that, be my guest. I'll call it being smart.
LOL..........are you losing it? What do we have to invest? We invest in paying folks to not work........listen to your democrat chums that is all they talk about anymore..........odd how the midterms are this year and that is all they will be talking about........heard of the new min wage pump........haven't for the last five years now all of a sudden it has to be done. People lap it up though.

China wants out of the "stanz" battle ready to get going with the US so you are correct there. Hey we need our rare earth elements..........EPA won't let us dig for our own so we gotta get em somewhere. Who is to blame for that? The same folks who complain we are over "there" in the first place. Insanity is what it is. Folks gotta have their cell phones and windmills and ridiculous car batteries so this is where we are.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:48 AM

770 posts, read 1,131,483 times
China also owns a great deal of property on BOTH sides of the Panama Canal....

Old 02-20-2014, 09:11 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
It's interesting how two different news services treat this story.

IBT characterizes Goodall as angry.

Raw Story characterizes Goodall as concerned but optimistic.

Anthropologist Jane Goodall: China is pillaging Africa like an old colonial power | The Raw Story

Old 02-20-2014, 09:26 AM

I think China is there to take resources.

Africa is already socially, economically and psychologically crippled by centuries of slavery, exploitation, famine, war, genocide and cultural siege. Racism is now a global standard. All cultures lighten their skin due to colonialism or history(elite stayed in doors and pale while dark peasants worked in the field)

If China takes Africa's precious metals, ores, water, wood and other resources...what will be left? They're also crippling the lands with debt the way they did with America. China is also fueling poaching in Africa due to traditional Chinese medicine using ivory. Now the environment and ecology of Africa will also be destroyed. Combined with desertification, the Boko Haram, the impending water wars and climate change..what's going to happen?

The Chinese are sly to exploit Africa without the brutality that the Europeans used. Just like how the Native Americans first thought white settlers were Gods, the Africans see Chinese as their saviors who will pull them up from poverty caused by the exploitation by European empires. The only difference is China is several thousand years late to the game, and it's hard to say what the future will tell. How will Africans perceive China in 10 years? Who knows.

Maybe instead of indirectly killing Africans, China will militarize them and make Africa its pet the way America and the UK have made other countries its pet.

My opinion on this is that my sympathy for blacks around the world continues. It's so sad. It makes you wonder what they did wrong as a diaspora to undergo such torment throughout the history of humanity. Even if their people didn't invent anything like the ancient societies of China, India, Europe etc or create empires that ruled the world.. I still think it's inhumane to do stuff like this. Just help them. They'll never compete with the rest of the world. They're thousands of years too late. Just let them live a humane life.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
LOL..........are you losing it? What do we have to invest? We invest in paying folks to not work........listen to your democrat chums that is all they talk about anymore..........odd how the midterms are this year and that is all they will be talking about........heard of the new min wage pump........haven't for the last five years now all of a sudden it has to be done. People lap it up though.

China wants out of the "stanz" battle ready to get going with the US so you are correct there. Hey we need our rare earth elements..........EPA won't let us dig for our own so we gotta get em somewhere. Who is to blame for that? The same folks who complain we are over "there" in the first place. Insanity is what it is. Folks gotta have their cell phones and windmills and ridiculous car batteries so this is where we are.
Yeah? What do we have to invest?

We can sure find money for warplanes, subs, warships, high tech weaponry....and the cost to occupy Afghanistan at 2 billion a week.

2 billion would buy a whole lot in Africa.

As for paying folks not to work, well why should i complain about paying fellow Americans while my taxes go to stand up a broken hellhole like Afghanistan? Are THEY more worthy of my tax money?

Old 02-20-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Yeah? What do we have to invest?

We can sure find money for warplanes, subs, warships, high tech weaponry....and the cost to occupy Afghanistan at 2 billion a week.

2 billion would buy a whole lot in Africa.

As for paying folks not to work, well why should i complain about paying fellow Americans while my taxes go to stand up a broken hellhole like Afghanistan? Are THEY more worthy of my tax money?
Water wars. That's what we need to invest in. Water will be the next major source of conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies