Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 03:59 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

In a country where Religious institutions enjoy tax advantages that secular institutions don't have, a movie is being released that depicts:

Quote:
an evil government … "mandating political correctness while covertly waging a war against religious organizations… [and about] the coming storm of persecution that will threaten the moral ethics and freedoms of America."
Read more at Persecuted Christian Movie, Featuring Gretchen Carlson, Screened At CPAC - NewsHounds

This movie picks up where Fox News leaves off. I wonder if there will be a "War on Christmas" scene.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:05 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,598 times
Playing the victim is a bad move. If you are being attacked, you defend yourself. You don't roll up into the fetal position and hope your whimpering stops the attacks.

I think it pretty ridiculous for the OP to pretend that there isn't an actual concerted attack on Christianity in America. I'm not Christian, but it's pretty clear to see that there is a strong push towards secularism.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
In a country where Religious institutions enjoy tax advantages that secular institutions don't have, a movie is being released that depicts:
No they don't and maybe since you made this claim anyway there is something to the charges.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:14 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,147,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
...that there is a strong push towards secularism.
This is the natural progression of things. How does it constitute an "attack" on Christianity?

Old 03-09-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Playing the victim is a bad move. If you are being attacked, you defend yourself. You don't roll up into the fetal position and hope your whimpering stops the attacks.

I think it pretty ridiculous for the OP to pretend that there isn't an actual concerted attack on Christianity in America. I'm not Christian, but it's pretty clear to see that there is a strong push towards secularism.
Push by whom where?

Exactly how is Christianity persecuted against?

Old 03-09-2014, 04:16 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,032,350 times
Quote:

I am a Christian, and all of us knew this would happen.

Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Revelations warns that Christians will be persecuted more than ever in the end times. I'm certain most of us won't be in the fetal position when it becomes a widespread fact.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No they don't and maybe since you made this claim anyway there is something to the charges.
aren't you aware of this?

Old 03-09-2014, 04:19 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,032,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
This is the natural progression of things. How does it constitute an "attack" on Christianity?
Secularism used to defend religious freedom. Now it has been bastardized, seeking to squash it.

When secularists decide that beliefs in such things is nonsense and should be pushed into a closet, and then illegal, and then considered treason. THAT is the natural progression of secularism.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
aren't you aware of this?
Tax exemptions that are available to any non profit, secular or not.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
When secularists decide that beliefs in such things is nonsense and should be pushed into a closet, and then illegal, and then considered treason. THAT is the natural progression of secularism.
What was a better time, the dark ages or the Renaissance?

Besides, there is no persecution. Again, I ask what exactly is making Christians so paranoid about this in the US?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies