Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 04:08 PM

1,199 posts, read 735,149 times

Advertisements

Exxon CEO Profits Huge As America's Largest Natural Gas Producer-But Frack In His Own Backyard And He Sues! - Forbes

Exxon CEO Joins Suit Citing Fracking Concerns - WSJ.com

The hypocrisy is just so tantalizing, lol

Now granted, it seems that the main issue is a water tower being built in their area that would be 'unsightly' and the noise traffic dealing with truckers using the water to do the fracking. But still, Mr. Tillerson promotes fracking, in which these towers are put in people backyards and create the loud noise associated with the fracking process, yet its bad when it hits close to home. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 04:30 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr89 View Post
Exxon CEO Profits Huge As America's Largest Natural Gas Producer-But Frack In His Own Backyard And He Sues! - Forbes

Exxon CEO Joins Suit Citing Fracking Concerns - WSJ.com

The hypocrisy is just so tantalizing, lol

Now granted, it seems that the main issue is a water tower being built in their area that would be 'unsightly' and the noise traffic dealing with truckers using the water to do the fracking. But still, Mr. Tillerson promotes fracking, in which these towers are put in people backyards and create the loud noise associated with the fracking process, yet its bad when it hits close to home. LOL

Well at least he's honest, also admits to global warming although he thinks there is an engineering solution

Quote:
NEW YORK, June 27 (Reuters) - Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson said on Wednesday
that efforts to address climate change should focus on engineering methods to
adapt to shifting weather patterns and rising sea levels rather than trying to
eliminate use of fossil fuels.
Exxon CEO calls climate change engineering problem | Reuters

Old 02-23-2014, 04:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
I'm still amazed that people will live anywhere NEAR that stuff. No way in hell do I trust it. And I'll never budge on my suspicion that there's gonna be one hell of a price to pay someday in the not so distant future because of it.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:41 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Not sure where the hypocracy is.

I'm all for putting people in prison, dont want one of those in my back yard.

I have no problem with people who live in projects, dont want them in my back yard either.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not sure where the hypocracy is.

I'm all for putting people in prison, dont want one of those in my back yard.

I have no problem with people who live in projects, dont want them in my back yard either.
Generally prisons don't go in back yards, fracking is all over the place and yes many homeowners and neighboring farms are impacted and that does not even address the other issues.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Gee, I wonder why he would be against living near that kind of practice. I say as soon as he is willing to live near it is when fracking should be done near anyone else. I guess he doesn't like having flammable water.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Generally prisons don't go in back yards, fracking is all over the place and yes many homeowners and neighboring farms are impacted and that does not even address the other issues.
Prisons arent in people back yards because no one wants them there..

Old 02-23-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Gee, I wonder why he would be against living near that kind of practice. I say as soon as he is willing to live near it is when fracking should be done near anyone else. I guess he doesn't like having flammable water.
The flammable water was already proven to be a hoax.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Fracking towers are in many areas that and they do impact residents.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
There are plenty of prisons in people's backyards in this country. Ask the people in Florence, Arizona. Or Colorado City, Tx. How about Coldwater, Mi.

Tip of the iceberg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies