Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 11:05 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,240,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No, but Pearl Harbor gave us a reason to go to war.

What reasons have we had lately?

Oh nevermind...we need to keep chasing Al Qaeda.

Yep...it can do all that.

Good reason to scrap it.

LMAO @ "the enemy is terrified of it."

How about this for once: stop making enemies and stay the hell out of wars every five minutes. Ever thought about that?
You miss the point entirely. Keeping the A-10 and scrapping other projects such as tanks makes better sense. As I said before, the A-10 is ridiculously cheap to keep going as opposed to other platforms. Scrapping the A-10 would yield negligible savings.

And yeah, the Iraqis were terrified of it. Whenever they spotted the unique plan form of the A-10, tankers would abandon their tanks, trucks or whatever vehicle they were using because they knew what would come next. As opposed to the Apache they feared the A-10 more.

But go ahead and tuck your head in the sand and shout LALALALALALALALALA!!! all you want.

Scrapping it makes little sense as do you.

And the defense industry keeps people employed. Why don't you want Americans to work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 11:13 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,503,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Archie Bunker....wow, that's an old show. It's not as old as the A10 though....
just because something is old , doesn't mean its not good anymore

we still use C-130's for us airborne personnel...its been around since the 50's

Old 02-24-2014, 11:25 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
If by chance North Korea was to invade the South, these warbirds would be greatly needed against their tanks. These Thunderbolts took out 900 of Saddam's tanks in the first gulf war. They are a huge asset to our arsenal.
North Korea will never invade the south. Doing so would almost certainly spell the end of the KFR which North Korea is dedicated to protecting at all costs. In essence, by doing so North Korea would provoke the US and Japan almost certainly and that would really get China extremely angry and without China North Korea would shrivel up and die. China in essence wants North Korea to be like a mini-China and act as a buffer state as such they barely tolerate NK as it is and wouldn't stand for a war that draws the US and Japan to their doorstep.

Last edited by Egbert; 02-24-2014 at 11:37 AM..

Old 02-24-2014, 11:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You miss the point entirely. Keeping the A-10 and scrapping other projects such as tanks makes better sense. As I said before, the A-10 is ridiculously cheap to keep going as opposed to other platforms. Scrapping the A-10 would yield negligible savings.

And yeah, the Iraqis were terrified of it. Whenever they spotted the unique plan form of the A-10, tankers would abandon their tanks, trucks or whatever vehicle they were using because they knew what would come next. As opposed to the Apache they feared the A-10 more.

But go ahead and tuck your head in the sand and shout LALALALALALALALALA!!! all you want.

Scrapping it makes little sense as do you.

And the defense industry keeps people employed. Why don't you want Americans to work?
I'm a defense contractor genius.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:31 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,166,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
just because something is old , doesn't mean its not good anymore

we still use C-130's for us airborne personnel...its been around since the 50's
The C-130 is starting to be replaced already in Europe by the A400M Atlas, whilst the US itself has started looking for a long term replacement.

So, The Air Force Wants A C-130 Replacement By 2024

Airbus Military | A400M

Airbus A400M Atlas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-24-2014, 11:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
It's relevant during combat.
Again, what combat do you plan on participating in?

I know, I know...gotta be prepared.

No one is stupid enough to attack this country in a conventional war, and I sure as hell don't see any tank battles on the horizon.

I mean, exactly how much war do we need to participate in before folks like you get tired of it?

Old 02-24-2014, 11:33 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,902,805 times
I am for allowing the military decide where they want cuts coming to come from. Anytime we heard of cuts or base closings all the anti-defense representatives and senators are out trying to save bases in their district or state. Tanks now days can be killed by drone and more and more used besides helicopters. Warfare moves on from Dessert Storm days.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:34 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,476,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
20 years ago. Today we can neutralize them and they never see it coming.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:35 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,791,415 times
Quote:
And it doesn't end there. After his cuts, the U.S. Army will be at pre-WW2 levels.
Hey, something has to pay for all those illegal aliens getting health care, men getting prenatal coverage, etc.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:56 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,953,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Again, what combat do you plan on participating in?

I know, I know...gotta be prepared.

No one is stupid enough to attack this country in a conventional war, and I sure as hell don't see any tank battles on the horizon.

I mean, exactly how much war do we need to participate in before folks like you get tired of it?
Some people shouldn't be allowed to vote, like people with bloodthirst
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies