Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 07:38 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,759,139 times

Advertisements

Well people have been embracing Marx since I can remember and idolizing Russia and most of Europe...this country is inching towards a police state in my opinion. With the Supreme court granting open invasions of your home now...scary stuff folks. Have you ever seen how Russian forces deal with their citizens? They beat the heck out of them, kick them then ask questions. I usually support our police officers and can see how they are being used to control us...someone has to control us. Maybe better if they just send out drones and open fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 07:41 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,202,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
And everyone seems to be okay with this , law enforcement has gotten so out of hand. I wonder when people will wake up and DEMAND something be done. There was murder done here , there needs to be jail time not no suspension with PAY. I hope all those idiots rot in hell.
Everyone is OK with this? Why do you say that?

I think the opposite is true.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:29 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,140,648 times
People just need to arm themselves and openly protest in front of Police Departments. Let them know if they want to use violence and intimidation that there will be consequences.

Cop locally murdered a man while he was off duty and didn't even get indicted. That's a time when a citizen's arrest needs to take place to stop the tyranny.

I wish the Americans of today had the moxy of the Americans that founded this country.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:42 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,386,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The video starts with him pinned to the ground, that normally is only done when someone is violently resisting, so where is the complete video, shot to include the context for why he was pinned?

I don't like being fed a piece of the puzzle and left in the dark. Too many times in incidents like this, the previous 5 minutes would take the story we were originally told, and completely flip it on it's head.
What context can there possibly be for pinning a man to the ground, who has no committed a crime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I hope like heck you never need the assistance of the police. You do realize they put their lives on the line for each of us daily. Even stopping someone for a traffic violation can lead to death. It happens more times than you might want to admit. Are some cops over zealous? Of course they are. Was that the case this time, how do any of us know? We were not there. I have seen so many videos doctored up I don't believe any of them. I am not defending the cops by anymeans cause I really do not know what happened, I am simply saying a lot more investigation needs to be done. if the cops are guilty they should be put on trial like any other criminal. My main problem is with your assuming the video tells the entire story and acting like all cops are bad people!!! This really bothers me.
On average about 150 cops die each year, but most of these are from accidents or illnesses they suffered while on the job. The likelihood of a cop being killed by a criminal is extremely low. Many states only have single digit death rates of 1-5 per year. In the bigger cities it can reach double digits of 10+ per year. The police on the hand kill hundreds of people a year. In 2011, they killed over 600 citizens. It would seem to me that the average citizen has much more to fear from cops than vice versa. We are the ones who are putting our lives on the line, not the other way around.

Not all cops are bad people but a great deal of them appear to have the same thuggish mentality. If even 25% of the police force is like this then you have an epidemic problem. The reality is that number is likely much much higher. Even internal affairs is set up in such a way that their main job has been to cover up for police criminality rather than to investigate it. It wasn't long ago that a police captain was the victim of stop and frisk, and a federal judge was beaten up by a cop in nyc for no reason.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:45 AM

59,216 posts, read 27,403,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Oklahoma father dies in police encounter after mother slaps daughter - CNN.com

Video taken by wife:

Lawyer Releases Video Of Luis J. Rodriguez who died in police custody - YouTube

Cuffed and on the ground, with pepper spray shot right into his face, with the weight of five(!) men on top of him. You can hear him say he can't breathe, you can hear him gasping for air. Meanwhile his wife is watching him die in front of her eyes. This guy was murdered. The cop's? Suspended with pay. America's largest, most organized and lethal gang in action. Sickening.
I would NOT be surprised to find out that this "news" article is found to be lacking in ALL the facts, as is usually the case when these kinds of stories are posted.

It is amazing to see how fast some jump to conclusions and show their hatred for the police.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:49 AM

30,297 posts, read 23,777,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky8828 View Post
Since when? I've been arrested more than I want to admit and I learned 1 lesson quick
- Cooperate

We live in a nation that allows individuals to have/carry firearms. When the cops ask a question. You answer it.
What was he arrested for when they were asking him for his ID? He wasn't arrested for jack squat. They did not assess the scene, they just came on over and assumed. He wasn't doing a thing wrong, he doesn't have to show anything.

No, I do NOT have to answer questions. Jeeezus, do you even KNOW your Constitutional rights? Ever heard of the 5th Amendment?

Old 02-28-2014, 10:27 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,660,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
People just need to arm themselves and openly protest in front of Police Departments. Let them know if they want to use violence and intimidation that there will be consequences.

Cop locally murdered a man while he was off duty and didn't even get indicted. That's a time when a citizen's arrest needs to take place to stop the tyranny.

I wish the Americans of today had the moxy of the Americans that founded this country.

+1 .. The problem with this country is that the liberal media keeps making the country softer by the second and more protection for the police and criminals or i should just say criminals overall.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:36 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,035,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It is amazing to see how fast some jump to conclusions and show their hatred for the police.
It is amazing see how some jump to the conclusion that not all the available facts have been presented in their effort to lick the cops boots.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:41 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,196,748 times
They all should be tried for murder!!

Old 02-28-2014, 11:08 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
This report paints a different take on the situation.

This movie theatre employed 3 security people of which one was an off duty cop. Two on-duty cops were present in the theatre, responding to some drunk patrons.

The Rodriguez mother-daughter were fighting and the mother slapped her daughter. Mom fled to the parking lot. Dad pursued. Someone told the police of a domestic dispute in the parking lot. The Police went to the parking lot. Dad told officers to mind their own business and refused to show an ID. He made an attempt to walk around the cops and then the fun began.

" According to officers, after repeated requests, Luis Rodriguez continued to refuse to give police his identification and took on a "fighting stance." According to the report, Minard then attempted to place Luis Rodriguez into investigative detention until the incident was further investigated.

According to authorities, when Minard attempted to place handcuffs on Luis Rodriguez, he pulled back and threw Minard off him. Officers said that once Luis Rodriguez became "actively aggressive" other officers stepped in.

At that time, Minard and Luis Rodriguez fell to the ground, investigators said. According to the report, Luis Rodriguez continued to ignore all requests by officer to quit fighting them and stop resisting.

Read more: Moore police release report in Luis Rodriguez death | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com

Mom claims the Police beat and kicked her husband but the video does not show this.

Mom says he died in the parking lot. EMT /Paramedics say he died at the hospital.

None of us were witness to what happened and don't know all the facts.

I hope anyone who finds themselves on trial, faces a more impartial jury than some who post on threads like this, based only on limited information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies