Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 08:09 PM

259 posts, read 151,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm not confusing anything.

I'm logically stating that the Court's focus on "to be in such a place as to have a reasonable expectation of privacy" is incorrect. Since in this case WHEREVER a woman is, she has a reasonable expectation to not have someone secretly place a camera under her skirt and take pictures. WHEREVER she is. d.
So catching a glimpse of woman's underwear on a escalator should be illegal, right? The famous Marilyn Monroe shot should be censored. Nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 08:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal01 View Post
So catching a glimpse of woman's underwear on a escalator should be illegal, right? The famous Marilyn Monroe shot should be censored. Nonsense.
Me: Robbing a bank should be illegal.

You: So taking your money out of the bank should be illegal right?

Old 03-06-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Me: Robbing a bank should be illegal.

You: So taking your money out of the bank should be illegal right?

No. It's the same. Women can't have an expectation of privacy in public when any draft can suddenly expose their private parts to sunlight.
All this bickering is moot when women wear skirts shorter than my shorts and wear shorts that years ago would be considered an underwear. You can go to the beach and see women wearing practically only underwear.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
No. It's the same. Women can't have an expectation of privacy in public when any draft can suddenly expose their private parts to sunlight.
which isn't what happened here nor will the new law make illegal.

Quote:
All this bickering is moot when women wear skirts shorter than my shorts and wear shorts that years ago would be considered an underwear.
Yes, blame her. Maybe a nice Burkha should be ordered?

Old 03-06-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
which isn't what happened here nor will the new law make illegal.
It's not what happened, but if it did, and someone took a "Marilyn Monroe pose" picture of the lady in question should it be illegal as well?
It's all about expectation of privacy in places where there can't be any.

Quote:
Yes, blame her. Maybe a nice Burkha should be ordered?
I am not blaming anybody but simply pointing out that women wear today in public fifty years ago was reserved for the beach or not at all. Let's not play moral crusade when less and less of a women's body is covered at all. I am not complaining, I am enjoying it be let's be honest here, we're not living in Victorian times so let's not apply Victorian moral rules.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
It's not what happened, but if it did, and someone took a "Marilyn Monroe pose" picture of the lady in question should it be illegal as well?
It's all about expectation of privacy in places where there can't be any.
What a person intentionally poses for is not in question here.

Quote:
I am not blaming anybody but simply pointing out that women wear today in public fifty years ago was reserved for the beach or not at all. Let's not play moral crusade when less and less of a women's body is covered at all. I am not complaining, I am enjoying it be let's be honest here, we're not living in Victorian times so let's not apply Victorian moral rules.
You are blaming the victim.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
What a person intentionally poses for is not in question here.
What if it wasn't intentional and the wind just blew up her skirt, should taking a photograph be illegal then?
If so, who should be penalized? The photographer or the wind?

Quote:
You are blaming the victim.
Victim of what? Go to the beach, ladies wear what basically is underwear in public, without worrying that they can be seen or photographed. Where's the victim?

Old 03-06-2014, 09:30 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Massachusetts court says upskirt photos legal
YES!!!!!

Old 03-06-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
What if it wasn't intentional and the wind just blew up her skirt, should taking a photograph be illegal then?
If so, who should be penalized? The photographer or the wind?
already addressed. The new law.will target those who set out to intentionally film up a persons dress.

Quote:
Victim of what? Go to the beach, ladies wear what basically is underwear in public, without worrying that they can be seen or photographed. Where's the victim?
Sometimes its just best to let a persons words represent them.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
already addressed. The new law.will target those who set out to intentionally film up a persons dress.
If a person, I assume a woman, right?, chooses to wear clothing that exposes parts of her body than this person shouldn't feel victimized when those parts are photographed.

Quote:
Sometimes its just best to let a persons words represent them.
I understand you don't have a response. Case closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies