Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 05:17 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times

Advertisements

Are we trying to live in TRON days or some ****? Is this from Sci Fi movie? Dont try to fix something that is not broken , this is simple government trying to get closer to its agendas. Worry about putting people in jail for a long time, and not taking money then we will see crime go down. When our government cant follow its own rules we have in place now what makes you think these new ideas and rules will work LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 05:20 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Certainly they can make a kill switch on the watch.
He (the cop in Glitch's example) will probably be dead by then.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:44 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
He (the cop in Glitch's example) will probably be dead by then.
Maybe, maybe not. Just because it's not going to work in all situations is no reason to discount it. What I know is if I'm the cop in a position that has just had his/her weapon stolen I'd be a much happier camper knowing there was a possibility it could still be made inoperable. That's far better than no chance at all at making it inoperable. There is other situations too, suppose the cop does die. The assailant can't get more than a few feet away from the cop before the gun becomes inoperable preventing anyone else from being shot with it.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:48 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
I didn't know anybody was forcing them to buy it. That is like being mad at the Internet because it violates the rights of newspapers. The NRA and their hysteria need to go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Apparently, many gun owners think using "smart" microchip technology to make firearms safer is some kinda commie plot!

California store

So this technology might prevent a few hundred kids a year from blowing each others brains out- but what about muh freedums???
Either of you care to retract your statments?

OP how about change your thread title....

Unless you like lying....

Old 03-07-2014, 05:59 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Put a chip in a gun and within 4 weeks they will be selling a device online to neutralize that chip.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:25 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Someone can hack the encryption (if they can try) and would be able to operate it without the watch. If this is good technology, why haven't they mandated this through certain police agencies? You could begin with DC and Baltimore City.
Better yet, test it out with the Secret Service and the Capitol Hill police.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:41 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Ill be waiting for the police to adopt these "smart" guns first...

I'll be waiting awhile.

I need my gun to work the first time evey time. Last thing I want to be doing to changing batteries or trying to find a watch while someone is breaking into my house.

Why take one of the simplist tools that has worked for centuries and make it more complicated.

Amen to that . The suppose made reason that California law maker is every gun is dangerous and no should indeed have fire arms of any kind.

The Reality is most gun issues happen by criminal activity and only a small portion compared to how many guns and responsible gun owners have accidents. The law makers may be surprised by criminals who choose not engage responsible gun owners and protection of the gun owners family and home!

I have traveled around and for the most part I do not feel I need to pack just to go to the Mall. But I like the option if there is a perceived threat and or by pass the area I am considering going thru. That's no guarantee crime happens every where to all classes of people.

Anti Gun Guys drive me crazy with their made situations. If they have grew up with guns and hunting they just may have a different point of view!

Old 03-07-2014, 08:47 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Apparently, many gun owners think using "smart" microchip technology to make firearms safer is some kinda commie plot!

California store

So this technology might prevent a few hundred kids a year from blowing each others brains out- but what about muh freedums???
Once again, this technique of making up imaginary conversations and quotes, and attributing them to the opposition, is not very persuasive. I sure hope you never have to go into court, because no judge or jury is going to be very impressed by your method of arguing via imaginary quote.

Is it beyond your capacity to go into the article and supply an actual quote to make your case?

Old 03-07-2014, 08:59 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Once again, this technique of making up imaginary conversations and quotes, and attributing them to the opposition, is not very persuasive. I sure hope you never have to go into court, because no judge or jury is going to be very impressed by your method of arguing via imaginary quote.

Is it beyond your capacity to go into the article and supply an actual quote to make your case?

Nope:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...pac-story.html

Old 03-07-2014, 10:20 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yeah I just saw that thread and posted in it. The hypocrisy meter is pegged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies