Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 09:58 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Republican National Committee data operatives will build a list of the millions of Americans who have lost insurance policies due to Obamacare in order to help their candidates win over these voters at the ballot box in 2014 and 2016.

"Getting that information [on plan cancellations] and having good data as to who votes, who doesn't vote, voter registration, party affiliation, consumer characteristics, cross-referenced with that kind of information, I think, is important for us to have," Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus told the Washington Examiner after his CPAC panel presentation Saturday morning.
Link: RNC building list of voters who lost insurance due to Obamacare | WashingtonExaminer.com

Great news - glad to see the RNC getting smart.

They need to take the gloves off like the Democrats do on a constant basis. I'd like to see ads that show how the Democrats are responsible for actually putting the lives and health of real Americans in jeopardy.

The Democrats falsely claim that the GOP wants to hurt people (see their ad about Mitt Romney causing a woman to get cancer). The TRUTH is that the Democrats' policies actually hurt and kill people, so it's about time the GOP aired some ads pointing that out.

The dems and the meda will cry about it, but they have no room to talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 09:59 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Great....

But you see, harry reid has already stated that those were lies and not true....

That's what the left believes, so therefore it's true....

Old 03-10-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Great....

But you see, harry reid has already stated that those were lies and not true....

That's what the left believes, so therefore it's true....
Harry Reid is a serial liar. The fact that he is the person the Democrats picked as their Senate leader speaks volumes.

I'm not the biggest fan of Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, but they are not serial liars like Reid and Pelosi.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:10 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Well, they need to come up with over 4 million voters as of right now to have any valid point.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:17 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: RNC building list of voters who lost insurance due to Obamacare | WashingtonExaminer.com

Great news - glad to see the RNC getting smart.

They need to take the gloves off like the Democrats do on a constant basis. I'd like to see ads that show how the Democrats are responsible for actually putting the lives and health of real Americans in jeopardy.

The Democrats falsely claim that the GOP wants to hurt people (see their ad about Mitt Romney causing a woman to get cancer). The TRUTH is that the Democrats' policies actually hurt and kill people, so it's about time the GOP aired some ads pointing that out.

The dems and the meda will cry about it, but they have no room to talk.
How many people lost their insurance? Did you lose your insurance? Its a lot less than you think I kind of wonder how Republicans are going to find out who lost their insurance. I wouldnt think insurance companies would be releasing names and addresses or State Insurance Commissioners. Almost everyone who lost their insurance were automatically eligible for new policies. Out of 14 million people with private insurance only about 2.6 million lost their insurance. Half of those ended up signing up and getting subsidized policies. Does anyone actually know someone who lost their insurance and had to sign up and pay more? Republicans have had a hard time finding these victims.

So how many people had their insurance canceled? Fewer than you think - latimes.com

Old 03-10-2014, 10:18 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
I wonder how many OTHER organizations are compiling that list?
The PP&ACA most assuredly WILL be an issue in the upcoming elections. It is, after all, pretty much a triple lie. It does not give protection to patients, it is only marginally affordable, and it does not provide health CARE (it requires health INSURANCE).
Then, of course, there are the obama lies regarding keeping your existing INSURANCE policy, and keeping your regular doctor. But then, he didn't actually READ the bill before he signed it, and he certainly hasn't read the thousands of pages of regulations that have been promulgated since, so I suppose he has somewhat of an excuse for stretching the truth to the breaking point.
Anyway, YES, the PP&ACA certainly WILL be an issue in the coming elections!

Old 03-10-2014, 10:36 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Well, they need to come up with over 4 million voters as of right now to have any valid point.

I got the letter from my health insurance provider two weeks ago. Add me to the list.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:48 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
They can add me to the list, I lost my insurance because of that evil communist Obama,...

Spoiler
I now have a much better plan because of Obamacare. Thanks Obama!

Old 03-10-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
They can add me to the list, I lost my insurance because of that evil communist Obama,...

Spoiler
I now have a much better plan because of Obamacare. Thanks Obama!
Of course you do. We have no way of knowing that, but we do know it's a safe bet that you'll defend anything Obama does or doesn' do.

Nice try!

Old 03-10-2014, 12:07 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
How many people lost their insurance? Did you lose your insurance? Its a lot less than you think I kind of wonder how Republicans are going to find out who lost their insurance. I wouldnt think insurance companies would be releasing names and addresses or State Insurance Commissioners. Almost everyone who lost their insurance were automatically eligible for new policies. Out of 14 million people with private insurance only about 2.6 million lost their insurance. Half of those ended up signing up and getting subsidized policies. Does anyone actually know someone who lost their insurance and had to sign up and pay more? Republicans have had a hard time finding these victims.

So how many people had their insurance canceled? Fewer than you think - latimes.com
The thing is they were lied to, none should have lost there insurance and in many cases Obama care is much more expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies