Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 01:14 PM

431 posts, read 475,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Please tell me you are not advocating for the U.S. to be like China...

LOL, maybe in your mind.

Where you live is your choice. You chose a car-dependent lifestyle. It is not my responsibility to subsidize your life style. Health care must be accessible to all citizens. They are going to get it through health insurance or the ER... would you like the cheaper option or the more expensive option?
you keep mentioning choices and yet fail to see those who cannot .or dont want to pay for health insurance also made CHOICES

if they did not educate/train themselves to be employed in a better paying job THEY MADE THAT CHOICE
if they have more children than their budget can afford THEY MADE THAT CHOICE
if they dont work cus the govt hands them money THEY MADE THAT CHOICE
if they live in a area where the unemployment is high THEY MADE THAT CHOICE
if they choice to spend what money they have on things other than health insurance THEY MADE THAT CHOICE

its funny how folks who talk about choice want to take away my CHOICE as to what health insurance i CHOICE to purchase
when you turn the premise around it doesnt seem so noble does it ???

lastly where in the constitution does it say you are ENTITLED TO health care , the constitution ( actually the D.O I ) garrantees you the right to life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness TO LIVE OUR LIVES AS WE WISH
you CHOICE how you achieve and use those RIGHTS

Last edited by JohnA151; 03-13-2014 at 01:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 01:20 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,250,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
But who's worse democrats or republicans?

Democrats take money from the rich, and they give it to regular Americans.
Republicans take money from regular Americans, and they give it to the rich.

Republicans oppose welfare for the poor, they oppose high min wage laws, they oppose tax credits for low income workers, they oppose helping middle class home foreclosure victims, they oppose long unemployment benefits, they oppose Medicaid, they oppose healthcare for all, they oppose tax cuts for small businesses, ex.ex.ex.

Republicans oppose all help for the poor, middle class, and small business. And at the same time they fight for corporate deregulation and tax cuts like these,

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Considering that these republican tax cuts add trillions of dollars to our national debt, and they also finance the building of US factories in Asia, who's worse democrats or republicans?
You have it all wrong. But since you've made up your mind, it would be a waste of time to try to persuade you otherwise.

Here's a hint:

STATE OF EMERGENCY
Senate Report 93-549
War and Emergency Powers Acts
"A majority of the people of the United States have lived all of their lives under emergency rule. For 40 years (as of the report 1933-1973), freedoms and governmental procedures guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees, been abridged by laws brought into force by states of national emergency."
... ABRIDGED BY LAWS ... UNDER EMERGENCY RULE ...
Constitutional U.S.A. (1787 - 1933) R.I.P.

Neither party will ever attempt to END the state of emergency because they're using it to rob us blind. And they let on as if they're rivals when they're just opposite wings of the same vulture feeding on America's carcass.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:24 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,513,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually I wont, since ACA tax is only liable on those getting refunds..

And even if I did, you havent told me how me paying a tax to the government, makes the hosptials more solvent.

Are you sure about that? What happens in this case:

Year 1: no insurance, no exemption, no refund = no ACA tax paid

Year 2: no insurance, no exemption, large refund, ACA tax/penalty applies.

The Y2 ACA tax is collected by withholding it from the tax refund. Does the Y1 ACA tax (not collected because there was no refund) also get withheld from the Y2 tax refund? Or is there no Y1 ACA tax liability?

Old 03-13-2014, 01:29 PM

33,594 posts, read 18,218,394 times
What if someone doesn't have a cell phone or cable.. should they give up eating? After all it is getting expensive to eat today so bread and water will do.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:31 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,513,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
It is all in the wording. What you see is not reality.

LOL, the Heritage Foundation already debunked this in the 90s.

Your Freedom to be imprudent should not burden the rest of society. That is the fiscal conservative rebuttal against this "freedom." Should you have the freedom to choose to be stupid and still receive care?

Government does not have moral standing to burden low income people with inflated housing costs, but it continues to do so; therefore government has already determined that it is acceptable to burden some people, so maybe government should just butt out.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:44 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,799,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Government does not have moral standing to burden low income people with inflated housing costs, but it continues to do so; therefore government has already determined that it is acceptable to burden some people, so maybe government should just butt out.
There were two choices, either have national healthcare for everyone or leave it the way it was. In this town hall meeting did Obama talk about Dr.s now wanting a retainer fee to be a patient ? Some here are charging 1200.00 a year.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:44 PM

30,342 posts, read 23,817,406 times
Quote:

The Y2 ACA tax is collected by withholding it from the tax refund. Does the Y1 ACA tax (not collected because there was no refund) also get withheld from the Y2 tax refund? Or is there no Y1 ACA tax liability?
If you never get a refund, there is no paying. Got it? Those who are at least somewhat smart with their money realize that you do not get refunds.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:50 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,662,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I am a regular American. Where is this free money from the rich I am getting? Maybe I need to have a chat with my mailman, because I don't see any checks.
GW Bush gave your check to America's rich, weapons manufacturing corporations, and oil corporations.

Bush gave the rich a $2.5 trillion dollar tax cut (and added that $2.5 trillion dollars to our national debt.)

Then Bush wasted $900 billion dollars attacking Iraq for nothing, and he also gave oil corporations huge tax cuts.

Because of GW Bush's above "handouts" and spending, our government is deep in debt, and it can't afford to give Americans money at this present time.

But Obama has cut Bush's deficits and debt growth rate in half, and if we can keep democrats in power for about 6? more years, then the US government will have some money to give you.

But republicans don't want any money from the US government, rather they want to give "handouts" to large corporations and the rich by tax cuts.

Last edited by chad3; 03-13-2014 at 02:28 PM..

Old 03-13-2014, 01:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,213,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
But who's worse democrats or republicans?

Democrats take money from the rich, and they give it to regular Americans.
Republicans take money from regular Americans, and they give it to the rich.?
Complete nonsense..

Democrats take money from everyone and then give it back to a select few, using "fairness" as justification..

Republicans, or at least the Republicans I support, tell you that you can earn whatever the hell you want, ITS YOURS..

There is no giving money to the rich taking place, allowing people to keep their money isnt giving them money.

Just stop..

Old 03-13-2014, 01:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,213,074 times
Quote:

I'm not sure to be honest, but I've gone 13 years without paying a dime in taxes and adjusting my taxes to make sure it continues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies