Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2014, 08:56 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Controlled demolition is just wrong to the point of the bizarre.

Plus the bribes for the people in the tower at the time of demolition that somehow know about it. Even if it was a mistake, the people around them would have said something about friends and coworkers being killed by a stupid plot.

It's not the silliest thing dreamed up about it, but it is one that requires a literal army of millions (likely tens of millions) of sociopath conspirators bribed with more money than the world even contains.
I think you protest too much.

I really don't know about all of ^^^ you've rambled on about, but the evidence presented by the engineers makes scientific sense to me in the documentary that I'm presently watching.

There really should not be any reason why there can not be another investigation,
preferably a comprehensive investigation done by an independent agency outside of the government.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

There have been plenty of engineers that have explained why the building collapsed the way it did. It "imploded" due to the design of the building which relied on a rigid exoskeleton which was required to "share the weight" with the inner core. WTC was build different than most buildings in such a way to reduce vertical support posts in order to have open office space.

The idea that the buildings were rigged to come down is ridiculous at best.
I am familiar with arguments about the design of the building, which was one of the reasons there was opposition to the building of the World Trade Centers, before they were even built.

But, I can not ignore the scientific evidence presented in the documentary I just saw. We are a nation that promotes education. So let's educate ourselves and have another investigation.
Maybe the initial one was too clouded with politics and emotion.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:03 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I think you protest too much.

I really don't know about all of ^^^ you've rambled on about, but the evidence presented by the engineers makes scientific sense to me in the documentary that I'm presently watching.

There really should not be any reason why there can not be another investigation,
preferably a comprehensive investigation done by an independent agency outside of the government.
Yes, if I disagree with you that means you are right.

If you can't understand a high level overview of the big reasons why it doesn't make sense, including easily explained debunking of that theory by Popular Mechanics and even Cracked, I cannot see how you can understand the engineering concepts behind that. This is evidence from the actual scientific and engineering community instead of a few nuts rambling on camera. You are listening to a video that tells you what you want to hear while everything else is rambling. I understand that.

Several other independent investigations have been done and came to the same conclusions it was the planes shown on camera slamming into the buildings that brought them down. However, I know truthers are looking for a new investigation that supports their pet theory. Anything else is wrong.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:

However, I know truthers are looking for a new investigation that supports their pet theory.
IMO there would be no harm in another investigation.
Thomas Kean, the head of the 9/11 Commission, concurred: "We to this day don’t know why NORAD told us what they told us, it was just so far from the truth. It's one of those loose ends that never got tied"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Tzrv-e37Es8

Old 09-03-2014, 09:41 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
I am familiar with arguments about the design of the building, which was one of the reasons there was opposition to the building of the World Trade Centers, before they were even built.
The design of the building is not an argument, it is a fact.

The fact is that due to the design of the towers, they would fall they way the fell.

Quote:
But, I can not ignore the scientific evidence presented in the documentary I just saw. We are a nation that promotes education. So let's educate ourselves and have another investigation.
Maybe the initial one was too clouded with politics and emotion.
Let's discuss Building 7, which this documentary focuses on.

The documentary essentially says that this "free-fall speed" was due to "zero resistance" and the only way to get this "zero resistance" is through a planned implosion that simultaneously takes out the majority of the support structure.

This is exactly how demolition companies do it. And to do so, they have to run miles of detonation cord and expose a substantial amount of interior walls on every floor to set up the shape charges that wrap the supports. If the building was vacant, I could see the possibility; however, it is IMPOSSIBLE to set up those charges without everyone in the building not only seeing this happen for weeks but also having major disruptions to practically every office in the building.

Are you saying that everybody in WTC 7 was in on it or that they just didn't happen to notice the week a bunch of men knocked down the walls in their offices and started jackhammering?

Old 09-03-2014, 09:43 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Should we have a new investigation each year?

Old 09-03-2014, 09:51 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Quote:
I don't think there is harm, and it might make sense if we can find questions grounded in reality.

There is a cost however. The resources and personnel to do the investigation aren't free. The original investigation had a budget of $15 million. Quite frankly I am not interested in spending millions as truthers look for a report to give them the answer they want to hear.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:58 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
This is exactly how demolition companies do it. And to do so, they have to run miles of detonation cord and expose a substantial amount of interior walls on every floor to set up the shape charges that wrap the supports. If the building was vacant, I could see the possibility; however, it is IMPOSSIBLE to set up those charges without everyone in the building not only seeing this happen for weeks but also having major disruptions to practically every office in the building.
Yeah, demolition companies are prohibited from going wireless.

Only criminals go wireless.

That technology is at least 200 years in the future.

Let's try to be rational here.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 09-03-2014 at 10:10 AM..

Old 09-03-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Should we have a new investigation each year?
Let's just have a complete one that is not rushed or underfunded.
Let's start there

While we are at it, let's have a panel of engineers with opposing views on the same panel,
before a Congressional committee, televised live on CNN.

If that doesn't get kids interested in science, I do not know what will

Old 09-03-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I don't think there is harm, and it might make sense if we can find questions grounded in reality.

There is a cost however. The resources and personnel to do the investigation aren't free. The original investigation had a budget of $15 million. Quite frankly I am not interested in spending millions as truthers look for a report to give them the answer they want to hear.
The way this country pisses money away .... Let's put it into perspective, shall we

Amount of money allocated for the 1986 Challenger disaster investigation: $75 million
Amount of money allocated for the 2004 Columbia disaster investigation: $50 million
Amount of money allocated for Clinton-Lewinsky investigation: $40 million
Amount of money allocated for the 9/11 Commission: $14 million

Comparing costs - 911myths
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies