Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 08:08 PM

279 posts, read 183,426 times

Advertisements

If this was my son then the next bullet would hit that dad....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Perfectly justifiable, particularly if the girl said even once she didn't know who the boy was and it was 2:20am. Good job, Dad!

Houston dad shoots, kills boy found inside daughter

I just saw how my iPad copied the story title above. LOL!

Old 03-13-2014, 08:09 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The dad previously told the kid to stay out??????
Dad invited him in and that's why he felt the need to sneak in at 2 am? One can assume the welcome light was out.
Any sane person would know that Dad doesn't want the punk in the house humping his daughter at 2 am.
The punk knew this..... That is why he snuck in. LOL you're killing me, I love the entertainment.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:10 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,214,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
I'm sorry to say it, but this guy probably is going to jail. While most fathers would probably say "if I caught some punk in bed with my daughter I would shoot the SOB", that is suppose to be a figure of speech. Unless the kid attacked the father I see no justification for this. Involuntary Manslaughter at a minimum.
Does Texas have stand your ground???

The story says they were arguing prior to the shooting, what was the argument about?? Im curious what the daughter will say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
If this was my son then the next bullet would hit that dad....
If it were my son I would be hurt and angry. I would also be wondering how I raised a son to be so stupid as to sneak into another man's home at 2 am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Having sex with a 16 year old is not illegal?

Why would it be? 16 years olds can legally get married in most states.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
So the kid was denied entry? When? Proof?

As far as your friend's cheating wife, adultery laws still remain in some places, so it doesn't surprise me.
The kid assumed denied entry. That is why he snuck in at 2 am.
Time for bed. Thank you for the lively debate. Hopefully the date faces a fair jury and law is applied appropriately. He deserves to answer for his deeds. The teen did and now its the Dad's turn.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:12 PM

40,954 posts, read 49,234,730 times
Quote:
Yes we do but more importantly we have the Castle Doctrine. That's what should apply here. Best Dad knew was daughter was being raped.

Castle doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
A castle doctrine (also known as a castle law or a defense of habitation law) is a legal doctrine that designates a person's abode (or, in some states, any legally-occupied place [e.g., a vehicle or workplace]) as a place in which that person has certain protections and immunities permitting him or her, in certain circumstances, to use force (up to and including deadly force) to defend themselves against an intruder, free from legal responsibility/prosecution for the consequences of the force used.[SIZE=2][1][/SIZE]

Old 03-13-2014, 08:14 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,214,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The kid assumed denied entry. That is why he snuck in at 2 am.
Kid was found at 2am, doesn't mean he came in at 2am. Kid could have been in the bedroom since 9pm.

Regardless, he had consent from a resident, which makes it a lawful entry. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Funny when people say that criminals already have guns so law obedient citizens shot get one too.
Ironically most people are murdered by someone they know. Usually the "law obliging citizen" until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Unreal.

He's gonna have lots of time on his hands to think about this piece of stupidity. SMH

Some of these fools have no business anywhere near a firearm.

"I don't know this guy."

LMAO...delusional dads of the world unite!

5,821 posts, read 5,307,747 times
Quote:

The story says they were arguing prior to the shooting, what was the argument about?? Im curious what the daughter will say.
I'll tell you what, if someone is holding a gun on me, I am saying ''yesser'-'nossir'',
not arguing. Apparently the (now deceased) young man is the biggest fool of all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.