Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 09:54 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times

Advertisements

Can you put all of your anti tea party threads into one instead of three new ones a day or whatever your average is now? Good lawd...

Old 04-07-2014, 10:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Ok we give 52 million Medicare recipients $15,000 each to go find health care. Thats $760 billion dollars. They are supposed to find insurance that will cover them not only with Medicare but Medicaid-long term care..Nothing can go wrong with 90 year old people making decisions...ya gotta love the Tea Party logic.

Who picks up the tab when things dont work out like the Tea Party thinks it will?
Who is picking up the tab now that the ACA is floundering? So your opinion is force anyone who has more to pay more for the same exact product? Worse still to penalize those who already owned that product to pay more and gain nothing by it. Admit it the ACA is a very bad law. A very expensive law. A law that does very little to address the root problem.
You like to rant on Baby Boomers, but most Baby boomers have insurance already. Most of us figured it out a long time ago that it is a necessary expense.
Adding the cost of maternity insurance to my premiums helps me how? Adding the cost of prostate insurance helps my wife how? Oh yeah its supposed to help make it cheaper for others.
Sorry I am selfish, I don't want to pay for others insurance. On the bright side I won't in 4 more years.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:49 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Pretty much what every sane person knew, the Tea Party are a bunch of selfish *******s that want to cut benefits to young folks so they can make sure they get as much money from the government as possible. Just cut benefits to the young, minority, women, and anyone else they feel is less entitled to anything.
What every "sane person" knew, followed by bog standard propaganda talking points from MSNBC. Beautiful. I guess every "sane person" also knows that conservatives want women barefoot in the kitchen, want to bring back Jim Crow laws, want to make being Christian required by law, want to pollute the entire planet with industrial waste, etc.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:26 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
A basic requirement to be a liberal is to hate something.

bk just happens to hate senior citizens.
And it doesn't seem to realize that only those about 35 and under lack the imagination to see their own ultimate destination in time.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:45 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,784,543 times
Quote:
They did pay for Medicare Part A. Its the middle class subsidies for parts B, C, and D that are troubling. The means testing for parts B and D dont start until a couple has an income of $170,000. Nobody wants to talk about that.
So at what number do you want the subsidies to stop?

Remember with the ACA, the left wants to INCREASE the subsidies from the current 94K a year/family of 4 400% of poverty mark.

There is no easy answer because politicians try to get the most votes at all possible.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:56 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,784,543 times
Quote:
Ok we give 52 million Medicare recipients $15,000 each to go find health care. Thats $760 billion dollars. They are supposed to find insurance that will cover them not only with Medicare but Medicaid-long term care..Nothing can go wrong with 90 year old people making decisions...ya gotta love the Tea Party logic.

Who picks up the tab when things dont work out like the Tea Party thinks it will?
The actual number spent on medicare is 500 billion.

Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP: Three health insurance programs — Medicare, Medicaid, and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) — together accounted for 22 percent of the budget in 2013, or $772 billion. Nearly two-thirds of this amount, or $498 billion, went to Medicare, which provides health coverage to around 54 million people who are over the age of 65 or have disabilities.

But hey who cares it's still a big number.

How about these numbers for you Obamacare lovers.

Right now you've got approximately 2 million "newly" insured on the exchanges were are using subsidies of the 7 million sign ups. It's no secret. That's why the administration has refused to release figures for newly insured.

Than add up 3.5 million "newly insured medicaid" sign ups.

So that's about 5-6 million "newly" signups. Don't give me this crap and try to include the letting young adults on parents plans till age 26 as newly insured. Most can get their insurance for dirt cheap anyways.

So Obamacare has really gotten 6 million "newly" insured at around a cost of 100 billion a year.

So what's wasting more money? The ACA or medicare?

Answer: They both are wasting a lot of money.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:03 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
My dad received 1 year of Medicare and SS before he died at 66.

I wonder if they will refund me all the money he paid in all those years.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:09 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:

One minute you're bitching because we give old people insurance, the next you're bitching because their too old to make decisions for themself.

Do you even understand how ridiculous you sound anymore?

Old 04-08-2014, 06:10 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
My Dad died at age 54. He never collected even one thin dime from all that he paid in to SS and Medicare. My Mom got the standard $255 death benefit from the SSA. A whole $255.

We'll never get a refund of all the money my Dad paid, either.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:11 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
Quote:
but I still want that SS that I paid into since I was 16 years old. That isn't free money, it is my money that I will be due.
"Due" has nothing to do with it; what matters is whether or not the money is actually there. There is a thorny problem in any kind of entitlement reform regarding who to (potentially or without a doubt) screw over. A lot of the current suggestions are to do it by age, with older individuals being sheltered from future alterations, but as we can see, that is already deeply unpopular with younger people.

It's a mistake to think of money as "paying in" to anything, as though it's a modified bank account or an investment fund. Think more along the lines of a tax - payments finance current expenditures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies