Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 11:12 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,685 times

Advertisements

Heres a Republican run state where its hard to find many Democrats outside Boise. They set up their own website to help people enroll and have hit 98% of their target. I am sure there are plenty of Republican politicians in Idaho who would like to get rid of the ACA but if they do they are going to hurt a lot of people. Other Republican run states could have followed Idaho's lead but they didnt. While Oregon has had problems people in nearby eastern Washington and Idaho are signing up in large numbers...These are in large part Republicans who are getting subsidized insurance. I guess since they are keeping the money they earned its ok though.

About Us | Your Health Idaho

New Obamacare enrollment map reveals surprises, uneven progress across U.S. - Washington Times

Idaho's insurance exchange rebounding: What you need to know | KTVB.COM Boise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 11:14 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,533,732 times
Maybe Cover Oregon should contact the people who made Idaho's website and hire them to finish the project...

Old 02-14-2014, 11:26 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Maybe Cover Oregon should contact the people who made Idaho's website and hire them to finish the project...
I believe Idaho doesn't run their own exchange or website.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I am pretty sure they run their own site which is integrated with Health Care.Gov When it was set up I remember reading how the local Republicans wanted to make sure their was nothing on the front end of the sight mentioning the ACA or Healthcare.Gov.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:33 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,533,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
The OP said they made their own site? Which is it?

Old 02-14-2014, 12:53 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,864,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Heres a Republican run state where its hard to find many Democrats outside Boise. They set up their own website to help people enroll and have hit 98% of their target. I am sure there are plenty of Republican politicians in Idaho who would like to get rid of the ACA but if they do they are going to hurt a lot of people. Other Republican run states could have followed Idaho's lead but they didnt. While Oregon has had problems people in nearby eastern Washington and Idaho are signing up in large numbers...These are in large part Republicans who are getting subsidized insurance. I guess since they are keeping the money they earned its ok though.

About Us | Your Health Idaho

New Obamacare enrollment map reveals surprises, uneven progress across U.S. - Washington Times

Idaho's insurance exchange rebounding: What you need to know | KTVB.COM Boise

Child, please.

Idaho has signed up a whopping 19,922 Idahoans in their exchange, an exchange that has been active since April. Not exactly numbers to gloat about.

On top of that, there's this:

"While some of those enrollees have seen cheaper coverage, many have been shocked by skyrocketing rates.
Insurance companies tell us despite the title, this law is not necessarily aimed at affordability."

What.....wait? Where's my $2500/yr. savings that your boy promised me?

During our coverage of the exchange, we've talked with people, like Joel Lund, frustrated that his options on the exchange cost much more than his previous plan.

"We're going to go from $770 a month which we were paying up until October, to about $1,300. I don't see how this helps," said Lund.

Dafuq? No savings?? Looks like Mr. Lund is going to be paying an extra $6,360 a year in premiums. Doesn't sound so "affordable" to me, but hey, maybe the insurance company will make it up to him by sending over blonde college girls dressed like nurses to his house 4 times a year for a "checkup".

Old 02-14-2014, 01:24 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
More lies.

Obamabots lie continuously about how "good" Obamacre is.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:39 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
If the insurance was affordable people would buy it. It isn't so they aren't. The ACA is a complete failure and has hurt more people than it has helped as reported by numerous sources. What is amazing is the president won't admit it's a failure. He just keeps pushing back deadlines.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:08 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If the insurance was affordable people would buy it. It isn't so they aren't. The ACA is a complete failure and has hurt more people than it has helped as reported by numerous sources. What is amazing is the president won't admit it's a failure. He just keeps pushing back deadlines.
Its his stupid legacy.

I would have more respect for him if he said, "You know, it hasn't worked out like I thought it would, lets try something else."

But to keep jerking people around and their lives around for his freakin legacy?

The man has no morals or ethics but most of all, no common sense.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Well they have 32,899 signed up and knowing Idaho most probably vote Republican. Most are getting a subsidy or in other words keeping their money instead of sending it to the government. 9% are paying the full rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies